• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

OMFG Today is the 7th?:lol

Holy crap, I thought today was the 8th. So, Nintendo's conference is on Tuesday...not tomorrow. Now I won't miss it due to school!:lol :lol

I'm officially retarded

ahmad

Banned
PhoenixDark said:

Holy crap, I thought today was the 8th. So, Nintendo's conference is on Tuesday...not tomorrow. Now I won't miss it due to school!:lol :lol

I'm officially retarded

wow just wow :lol

Thraktor

Peru said:
So here's what the Wii Mario game will be like.

As far as level design ideology goes, it will share many elements with the "old school" levels of Sunshine. More linear progression is the keyword here, linear progression instead of open subworlds with several 'missions' in each. When it comes down to the actual shape and feel of the levels, obviously they will be shaped around the wiimote and entirely around the wiimote. Whatever funky moves Miyamoto has come up with will decide how the obstacles will be. Undoubtedly they'll open for great fun and never-before-seen platform dynamics.

Note I'm not saying it will "be like" the fludd-less levels in sunshine, just that it takes it's linearity and 3d-ness with it and develops it into something entirely unique. The look? Probably much more fleshed out than those levels of SMS I mentioned above. I'm thinking it will be a full-fledged mushroom kingdom-ish universe... basically envision the 2D marios and make them 3D, only more intricate (and yet again; not wide-open like SM64).
What will this give us: Linearity limits movement and enables miyamoto and his team to create a level experience tightly around the funky control methods... and enabling a game where - when players have become experienced - you'll be able to achieve that great flow, rushing through a level with precise and carefully planned moves, something half-way lost in the open-ended 3d universe of SM64 and SMS.

Anyway, that's my prediction and I feel it's a very likely path..

I fully believe the biggest opportunity Nintendo missed on the Gamecube would have been a full game of those fludd-less Sunshine minilevels. Get about a hundred of them (obviously with a bit more variety than in Sunshine), divide them thematically into worlds, slap on a "plot" and you've got yourself an amazingly fun game. Sigh... maybe on the next gameboy.

Anyway, I digress, and wouldn't be too surprised to see this sort of progression in the series, but it depends entirely upon what sort of basic game mechanics Nintendo's got going on for the game, whether they lend themselves well to a free-roaming game or not.

PhoenixDark said:

I'm officially retarded

Isn't there school on tuesday?

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
PhoenixDark said:

I'm officially retarded

youve been saying you were gonna miss it right? that must feel good. lol

polg

so I went to Kodak theatre today for a tour and... tours have been cancelled til wedsenday because of...

142369198_0f3152c71c.jpg

oh well... maybe I'll get to tour it before I leave...

and while walking around hollywood I saw a SIGN of the times to come

142369800_8c945b03bc.jpg

BELIEVE!

OmegaRed

polg said:
so I went to Kodak theatre today for a tour and... tours have been cancelled til wedsenday because of...

142369198_0f3152c71c.jpg

142369800_8c945b03bc.jpg

BELIEVE!

I BELIEVE

polg said:

142369198_0f3152c71c.jpg

142369800_8c945b03bc.jpg

BELIEVE!

My God man, Did you check around the corner!!!! What did you see?????

StrikerObi said:
That picture ("The Revolution is Just Around the Corner") is from this year? That sign said the SAME thing last year.

Apparently theyre still waiting... someone should tell them to update it:

"The Wii is just around the Corner"

MrSardonic said:
er, I could translate 90% of all games from English to French, by myself, in about 2 days. The translation excuse is weak and not valid
Yes, because translating text doesn't require more testing, script-writing, or production of new discs, not to mention the games needing to conform to other standards than those in the US or Japan.

littlewig

Banned
Companies should just hire the people who do fan subs for animes. Yea, there might be a few more cuss words, but we'll get the games faster.

ant1532

Banned
polg said:

142369198_0f3152c71c.jpg

142369800_8c945b03bc.jpg

BELIEVE!
nice pics, mind taking some more of the convention center for us at home :D

gimz

my manager just called, and he allow me to take 2 days off till Wedensday, so i will able to watch the Nintendo Conference live on tuseday!!(if the steaming video is watchable) Horraaaayyy!

Saoh

polg said:

142369198_0f3152c71c.jpg

BELIEVE!

excellent :) i´ll watch it live during my lunch break at work. i may not eat at all ´cuz of anticipation.

OmegaRed said:
No classes for Monday, Tuesday and Friday for me woo

I got Finals, but none of them during the actual PC events. Will be a close call for Sony's tho, I'll get home soon as I came so I dont miss the start

SickBoy

Wow. Is there going to be a new thread for the conference, or is Amirox going to update P. 1? I hope there's a new therad, because the information value of a thread this size is not particularly great in terms of finding key info if you haven't been an active participant from the start.

SickBoy said:
Wow. Is there going to be a new thread for the conference, or is Amirox going to update P. 1? I hope there's a new therad, because the information value of a thread this size is not particularly great in terms of finding key info if you haven't been an active participant from the start.

Wait, theres been info in this thread?

i can't wait for this conference. luckily, things have worked out perfectly and i have nothing to do on tues morning!!! i expect to be blown away...

SickBoy

Scalemail Ted said:
Wait, theres been info in this thread?

I'm not sure, but I figure there will be at some point :) ... and then it will require hunting and pecking to find the appropriate page, after the various "OMG I'M SO EXCITED" posts. I suppose the same goes for the other early posts...

SickBoy said:
I'm not sure, but I figure there will be at some point :) ... and then it will require hunting and pecking to find the appropriate page, after the various "OMG I'M SO EXCITED" posts. I suppose the same goes for the other early posts...

No search functions gonna hurt too. I predict a summary on every page!

When you think that in few hours, a world of megatons, fakes and rumours will be bringed to his end within one single hour. l think I'll miss the monthly [insertsomething]-ton...at least until the next hardware transition, when I'll, once again, damn the little hide-and-seek game played by some way too secretive videogame companies...
I'm such a nerd :( .

ioi

Banned
Just to let people know, a blog-like section has been created on Everything and Nothing, and we are hoping to cover most of the major news over E3 on there, with plenty of screen shots and so on which can be linked to use on GAF and other message boards, and obviously you're all free to drop by if GAF and some of the other bigger sites are struggling with traffic.

The URL is:

http://www.everythingandnothing.org.uk/vg

Emotions

SantaCruZer said:
omg! We're getting close!

Hey Santa yes , all signs point to a very positive and full of surprises E3 , if you missed one of the DS games leak Chibi-Robo is getting a DS version.

SantaC

Emotions said:
Hey Santa yes , all signs point to a very positive and full of surprises E3 , if you missed one of the DS games leak Chibi-Robo is getting a DS version.

should be great :)

Emotions

SantaCruZer said:
should be great :)

Oh , and Mario VS Donkey Kong 2 . The Nintendo conference will be full of surprises so it should be great going by the hints of Perish, Kobun and Craig there'll be a lot more of DS announcements.

Top Bottom