• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2012 Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Left 4 Dead:

left_4_dead.jpg

ZombiU:

6GR3P.jpg

Again was it a magical copy of L4D you played?

I've had my browser sitting open a little while and this is old, but what the fuck? Talk about king of FUD. That's not even the final character in the game. Talking about digging up some old and misleading shit.

EDIT: I'm not even sure it was an early shot. It could have just been some fandom shit. You clearly just went to google image search and linked the ugliest screen you could find. And because you never played L4D, didn't realize it's complete fantasy divorced from the actual L4D game.

NOW they do. When do you think that suddenly changed? Do I need to bring up videos of E3 conferences from 1995 or even 2000 to show you just how much more the mainstream press has a presence at E3 now that there are items to cover that their readership wants to see?

What? You didn't answer my question. Reporters are there already, they report on what they see. Nobody has an "obligation" to deliver content to those specific reporters because it's not like they'll up and leave in the middle of the presser and choose to report nothing.

Vinci

Danish
We are gamers. We don't give a fuck about sales. We care about games. And because the games aren't there, there won't be any sales. I think you assume WAY too much.

To be fair, as a gamer who lived through Sega's collapse, I care about sales. At the same time, I agree that sales will not materialize if this is the extent of Nintendo's approach.

effzee

Remember back on Saturday when we all thought the Sunday event was to get all the online/hardware stuff out of the way so on Tuesday they can just focus on games? Remember that time? And remember how we thought the games would include at least one of the following (Mario 3D, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, Retro Title)?

And now today we still don't launch window/date, price, or online network. In addition we now know EA won't bring over its sports line up this, Activision was no where to be seen, and the only new Nintendo game we didn't know about is NintendoLand. hahhhahahah

Has it been confirmed if the three titles they were teasing were NintendoLand, Pikmin 3, and Super Mario Bros. U?

Just checked the thumbnails for the private videos on Nintendo's channel.

Looks like we'll be getting a 3DS sizzle reel, an Iwata asks, and trailers for Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario, Scribblenauts, and Castlevania. Eh.

Are you looking for what's going to be released at midnight tonight? It hasn't been recorded yet.

I...I can't believe this has happened.

Do you know what I was thinking in my head when E3 started for me?

Reggie was on stage, revealing Retro's game. We see a city, a regular day for the citizens. The crowd notices that the city looks very similar. Then we see a child in bed, we see him getting dressed, the crowd gasps and cheers when the boy reveals himself to be none other than Ness. The title screen pops up, revealing the game's title: "Earthbound HD". The trailer then shows the battle system, the classic humor, and at the end, we get a glimpse of a new, HD re-glorified Giygas. The crowd then goes wild.

But in the end, it was all just a simple pipe dream. :(

Please__Give_Us_Strength_by_zarla.jpg

gameover.png

Fabrik

Banned
The problem here was that there wasn't much shown that we haven't known about already for a year.

365 days.

GAF's gone through 6 speculation threads just to talk about essentially the same thing all over again.

Not only was the first-party launch lineup barely adequate, it was lacking in surprises (we knew about NSMBU and Pikmin 3). We don't have any sort of idea of what comes after December, or any glimpses of Nintendo franchises with that extra bit of HD gloss.

We have no clue what's going on with 3rd parties. With EA almost entirely absent and Activision a complete no-show, that doesn't give me a lot of confidence. When Batman (a great game admittedly) is the highlight of your 3rd party showing, that's a sign for concern. Additionally, most of the games demonstrated in that sizzle reel were ones we knew about last year. Where were the new game announcements?

When we still don't have a good idea of their online plan, price, or date, it also is a little saddening (if expected).

Also this goddamn it! What have they been doing for 2 years? They can only come up with Pikmin 3 is a true next-gen looking game? NintendoLand and NSMBU aren't taking that much resources are they? Can't they create something new non-Mii related?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
What is the price of Wii U? I missed that.

I mean, I personally think the Wii U will do fine, but as a gamer, I already gave up hope that Nintendo gives a shit a long time ago. The hardest of the hardcore Nintendo fan are really shamless - as long as they're getting THE LATEST ITERATION of Mario, Zelda, Metroid and occasionally Nintendo throws them a bone by reviving one of their older franchises, it doesn't matter if they have zero new ideas. They'll buy the system anyway, and suck it down when Nintendo returns to focus on their casuals and non-gamers.

As I said, Nintendo Land is almost self-parody levels of pandering. It's a party game (and we know the industry is missing more mini-game compilations), wee - hey casuals, here's your dog whistle - but it's ALSO a Nintendo Franchise Whore game, so the hardcores can look at it and SQUEEEEEEE when they see Link and their own Mii interacting in barely playable chunks of gameplay that was so shite it couldn't past standard for their own full fledged products.

It's just Nintendo. And as much as I complain, I've learned to get used to it... because I do the same thing. Look at that upscaled Wii game, Pikmin 3. It barely uses the power of Wii U. But it's Pikmin 3, and that's my dog whistle, so like a slut I buy in. Nintendo is an abusive husband.

yo skies i waited until tomorrow, i guess the surprise you wanted me to see about the Wii U pad was its atrocious battery life?

*Confused.gif*

Yeah, from Nintendo's showing, the Gamerpad really is a huge gimmick right now. The Wiimote at launch had better backing for the technology honesty, which is really sad. I still believe the technology has a ton of potential, and that is shown in games like ZombiU where it makes the survival horror experience a must more AUTHENTIC experience (going by the demo at Spike). Stuff like the Animal Crossing NintendoLand and LM ghost game reinforce PAC-man V.S like experiences that can't be experienced anywhere else, Pikmin and Motion+ controllers combined bring a whole new experience to RTSs with an interactive map AND precise pointing at the same time, and Pandora View WiiU is something that could potentially revolutionize gaming (but of course it won't becuase like all new gaming technology, it will used mostly for gimmicks). But yes it was extremely lacking, though I still stand by my original assessment to not make such a strong judgement before he first showing of real games.

Furthermore, I am more likely to agree with your overall assessment now then I was a day ago.

ecurbj

How do you explain the insane Wii-sales?
Because it sure as hell wasn't the hardcore audience. After a certain million sales the mainstream 'casual' audience leeches and continues the fail or success of a console.

In the Wii's case. It clearly was casual. Which resulted in SUCCESS.

OMT

It may have been said before, but based on the way he carries himself on stage, I don't think Reggie really understands "core" gamers, and may even resent them to some extent.

Remember back on Saturday when we all thought the Sunday event was to get all the online/hardware stuff out of the way so on Tuesday they can just focus on games? Remember that time?

I facepalmed when Reggie this morning went on and repeated every single thing said in the Sunday event. That directly contradicted the whole reason why they said they were having a Sunday event at all. The real reason is they wanted a "Nintendo sandwich", with an event before the conferences began and an event after. Basically, it was just pure PR. It's not like they actually had "so much" to show that they had to start early.

Terrell

What are you talking about? 2006 was an awesome show. SSB not showing up was just a slight disappointment, it ended up being icing on the cake later.

What? You didn't answer my question. Reporters are there already, they report on what they see. Nobody has an "obligation" to deliver content to those specific reporters because it's not like they'll up and leave in the middle of the presser and choose to report nothing.

No, they'll report it, but the READERS of the story won't care. And reporters attend to gather stories that interest their readership. If the conference doesn't offer that, less reporters would be sent next year and the year after and so on, repeating until we're back to 2001 or earlier, with gaming news being spat out onto the last page of the tech section of newspapers and recycling the same bland story from the Associated Press.

ziran

Thus far, Wii U is pretty direction-less imo, as is Nintendo of late.

This is not the Nintendo that launched DS and Wii, it's more like the Nintendo of the GC era... The conference was terrible, but the more worrying thing is that both 3DS and Wii U lack any real direction.

3DS's problems have been much talked about. Wii U, well this just emphasises Nintendo's uncertainty at the moment. Wii was launched with such boldness and conviction, and an incredible line up, and a clear target audience, Wii U, I'm just not feeling it. Who is going to buy it?

Nothing must have for the casual, Nintendoland won't do it. Minigames are 10 a penny now, and while they're sure to be great, they're so commonplace nothing looks impressive or must have. Wii Sports wowed the majority, it was brilliant! Easy to understand and clear in its message. Nintendoland won't gain traction amongst the casual crowd in anything like the same way because on the face of it it doesn't look like anything new. Even the videos of the family playing it were confusing, in a, really what's this controller doing and why do I need it way.

And for the hardcore, well, it's a joke atm. Where is the reason to not buy a PS3/360 which already has many more titles in this vein, or the reason to buy it because you already have these systems? Wii has shown the market responds generally badly to tacked on controls on existing hardcore titles, why will this change?

Pikmin 3 and NSMB U do look great though! Amazing even. But, for NSMB U, two 2D mario titles within 6 months? Crazy, and shows desperation imo.

Watching Nintendo Direct I had the same feeling, that Nintendo doesn't know who to market their console to, and by doing this they have no clear message. Currently, outside the die hard Nintendo fan, I can't see an audience for the machine.

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah, from Nintendo's showing, the Gamerpad really is a huge gimmick right now. The Wiimote at launch had better backing for the technology honesty, which is really sad. I still believe the technology has a ton of potential, and that is shown in games like ZombiU where it makes the survival horror experience a must more AUTHENTIC experience (going by the demo at Spike). Stuff like the Animal Crossing NintendoLand and LM ghost game reinforce PAC-man V.S like experiences that can't be experienced anywhere else, Pikmin and Motion+ controllers combined bring a whole new experience to RTSs with an interactive map AND precise pointing at the same time, and Pandora View WiiU is something that could potentially revolutionize gaming (but of course it won't becuase like all new gaming technology, it will used mostly for gimmicks). But yes it was extremely lacking, though I still stand by my original assessment to not make such a strong judgement before he first showing of real games.

Furthermore, I am more likely to agree with your overall assessment now then I was a day ago.

yeah, and by the way, understand I'm just tugging your chain. i don't really expect anything special, it's all in good fun

As for Pandora View, I haven't looked at it, but isn't that just like the face tracking that has been around for a while now? Not really sure what that's all about?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, that's it? Please, some drops too at 3DS Conference, it's a freakin hour, damn!

P.S. Maybe yeah, they wouldn't have put unannounced games on private videos on YouTube now, knowing them, so there's still hope, after all.

Box

I...I can't believe this has happened.

Do you know what I was thinking in my head when E3 started for me?

Reggie was on stage, revealing Retro's game. We see a city, a regular day for the citizens. The crowd notices that the city looks very similar. Then we see a child in bed, we see him getting dressed, the crowd gasps and cheers when the boy reveals himself to be none other than Ness. The title screen pops up, revealing the game's title: "Earthbound HD". The trailer then shows the battle system, the classic humor, and at the end, we get a glimpse of a new, HD re-glorified Giygas. The crowd then goes wild.

But in the end, it was all just a simple pipe dream. :(

That's why you didn't like the conference? Because you didn't get your Western Earthbound HD remake?

Guys, there will be a special event for the Wii this summer/fall.

We don't have a release date, a price, or even a freaking dummy box. We don't know anything about the online except the Miiverse.

They can't release a console without all those things being already known.

Bumhead

Banned
I was devastated by the conference. I've had a couple of hours away in the pub with some friends, and I'm abit more relaxed about it now.

Just.. several things to be disappointed in. Where was Retro? Where were the games? Where was the future plan for core gamers to stand up and say "this is why I need this system"?

To be honest, Pikmin 3 + NSMBU + Assassins Creed + the 10 or so Wii games I want to play for the first time is probably enough to push me towards a launch release. But I really, really wish I knew more about Nintendo's future plans before I committed to that. I feel just ONE more game on the level of an F-Zero, a Metroid or a Starfox (wasn't expecting Zelda) would have done that. As things stand, once again, there are WAY more questions than answers. Difference is this time is that Nintendo wants me to put money down for this thing in just a few short months.

Whats the liklihood of new stuff being announced tonight or this week?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
We are gamers. We don't give a fuck about sales. We care about games. And because the games aren't there, there won't be any sales. I think you assume WAY too much.

What does that have to do with anything? You said WiiU would sell Gamecube levels, I responded with my thoughts. If you don't want to talk sales then don't bring it up. And the games are there, GAMERS like me and you just don't give a shit about them. Doesn't mean they won't sell well. There is easily 6+ million-sellers worldwide in that launch line-up/window. You could honestly make an argument for 10
of them.

spekkeh

Banned
I facepalmed when Reggie this morning went on and repeated every single thing said in the Sunday event. That directly contradicted the whole reason why they said they were having a Sunday event at all. The real reason is they wanted a "Nintendo sandwich", with an event before the conferences began and an event after. Basically, it was just pure PR. It's not like they actually had "so much" to show that they had to start early.

Yup, was thinking the same thing as it transpired.

Today's conference should have been simple: SHOW GAMES. AS MANY AS POSSIBLE. Don't fuck around too long with any one of them, just douse us with the shit. They have enough pressers and events this year that they don't need to waste time with any one game for too long. We'll get to that. Just show us everything. Get us excited, our hearts beating a bit quicker. MTV the shit out of us.

The funny thing is, Nintendo is perfectly capable of doing exactly this when they really want to. The Japanese 3DS conference last fall was near-perfect: just trailer after trailer after trailer, leading up to the MH4 megaton. I'm not sure there was even a single stage demo.

I hope the inevitable fall press events take after that, but I'm not convinced that they will.

LeleSocho

Banned
WARNING: this is a looong rant matured from the end of the conference until now and it is my first written thought about it, also excuse me for the bad english it is not my first language.

You know... sometimes you just think if they make this to enrage you or something.

Let's go back in time before we knew about sunday's Nintendo Direct, all we knew was that nintendo had to present a console with its lineup... then Nintendo Direct happened... "Good!" i thought, "If they are making a video about the hardware before the conference that can only means that they will have more space for games." and sincerely i was already hyped a little at this point... then they say that there will be an entire conference for the 3ds the day after the "normal" one because the the first would've been all about WiiU games... Boy oh boy that can only means that they have a shitload of software to announce... i mean, it's the only explanation on why they had to make two complete conferences...
And then you start to imagine... you think how this will be better even than e3 2010 where they had a lot of good software for wii, if they announced that in a fraction of the conference god only knows what they will announce in an entire hour! THE HYPE IS THERE!

Conference begins! hyped as fuck with the only thought in mind wondering what awesomeness i will see, Pikmin 3 FUCK YEAH it doesn't look too good but whatever rock pikmin have amazing design and we already knew that was originally a Wii game that is scaled up for the new console... and that's only the beginning! They had more than an entire year to create stuff and after a whole year of silence i know they'll blow me away!
Reggie begin to talk about the philosophy and stuff about the console... "Why? You had the entire Nintendo Direct to talk about that bullshit... whatever the conference just started just make it quick..."
Then NSMBU "ok we already knew about this too... how about some new stuff? MAKE IT QUICK!!!"

About 30 mins in the fear begins... third party stuff.. "B-but we already knew these games they've already appeared in other conferences and some are already been released on other platforms! Why are you teasing me? Show me some Retro goodness, EAD stuff, HAL things, Sora surprises, Team Ninja cooperations, unannounced high profile third party games!".
40 mins in I was already desperate, i was only waiting Iwata to drop 2 or 3 bombs i was only waiting him to show up and redeem everything.

50 mins in and fate was already accepted... NintendoLand was the last thing for sure and it was unappealing as fuck... Just what the hell have they done in this period of silence? how it is possible that they had nothing to show up as brand new stuff? If it weren't for Pikmin that was originally a wii game and NSMBU that surely doesn't require a lot of resources to make it they could've announced a new console without an high profile game from first party? And then WHY IN THE NAME OF GOD HAVE THEY DECIDED TO USE A FULL CONFERENCE FOR THIS SHIT?

In the middle of that Luigi's Mansion/Pacman wannabe i threw a piece of light cardboard at the screen and gone out, i was mad, sooooo mad... they fucked with my intelligence and my time.

Serious question that i wanted to be answered, they really think that people who is informed enough to see the E3 are thrilled or appealed to see games as Just Dance, Sing or WiiFit? Have they any idea what is the demographic they are showing this stuff?

Reflecting on the conference now, this product is all over the place. Gone is the simple "Wii Sports" kernel to what the general public is supposed to be excited for, instead on presentation you have:

- The Wii U pad
- still using Wiimotes (motion pluses only?)
- break out your Wii Fit Board again or they'll package it again?
- the X360 pro pad

The Wii U pad itself of course back to the supposedly terrifying multi-stick many buttoned controller the Wii audience was terrified of.

Its just shooting off in all directions. Its too complicated for the hyper casual, its not cutting edge enough or 'hardcore' for the other set. I just dont know who the product is for other than what seems like more of a gimmick play than the DS ever was.

I guess this summs it up. I still do not understand what the WiiU is, what the benefit for me is and most importantly who the target audience is. Everything that Nintendo did right with Wii is now done wrong with WiiU. We are talking about a multi-billion dollar company with generations of experiences, and the are acting like marketing freshmen with no clue.

It's really scary and surreal what's currently going on there...

That's why you didn't like the conference? Because you didn't get your Western Earthbound HD remake?

No. I wasn't expecting Earthbound, but I expected something with as much of a magnitude as that.

But what do we get? Ports and other unteresting titles. The only vaguely interesting things for me at this conference were Pikmin 3 and Mario U. But still, those aren't enough to convince me to actually buy this console. I'm gonna make like everyone else and wait for something good to come out before I purchase Wii U.

Sianos

The overall theme of E3 this year was "Where are the games?".

This isn't exactly what you want to hear about a games showcase.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Thus far, Wii U is pretty direction-less imo, as is Nintendo of late.

This is not the Nintendo that launched DS and Wii, it's more like the Nintendo of the GC era... The conference was terrible, but the more worrying thing is that both 3DS and Wii U lack any real direction.

3DS's problems have been much talked about. Wii U, well this just emphasises Nintendo's uncertainty at the moment. Wii was launched with such boldness and conviction, and an incredible line up, and a clear target audience, Wii U, I'm just not feeling it. Who is going to buy it?

Nothing must have for the casual, Nintendoland won't do it. Minigames are 10 a penny now, and while they're sure to be great, they're so commonplace nothing looks impressive or must have. Wii Sports wowed the majority, it was brilliant! Easy to understand and clear in its message. Nintendoland won't gain traction amongst the casual crowd in anything like the same way because on the face of it it doesn't look like anything new. Even the videos of the family playing it were confusing, in a, really what's this controller doing and why do I need it way.

And for the hardcore, well, it's a joke atm. Where is the reason to not buy a PS3/360 which already has many more titles in this vein, or the reason to buy it because you already have these systems? Wii has shown the market responds generally badly to tacked on controls on existing hardcore titles, why will this change?

Pikmin 3 and NSMB U do look great though! Amazing even. But, for NSMB U, two 2D mario titles within 6 months? Crazy, and shows desperation imo.

Watching Nintendo Direct I had the same feeling, that Nintendo doesn't know who to market their console to, and by doing this they have no clear message. Currently, outside the die hard Nintendo fan, I can't see an audience for the machine.
If they can get the family to play games together it can be a success. Clearly that's what they're aiming for. The question does Wii U need hardcore gamers to support it in those early years. If so will they buy it? According to most people around here they won't. Then there's the question of whether or not the casuals will even care. They've already got their iPads, Kindles and phones and on top of that Durango is rumored to launch with Kinnect. Nintendo is really betting the farm right now on getting Wii owners to migrate to Wii U and I'm not sure they were ever going to pull it off again.

That conference really did nothing for me. I've never been one for Pikmin and Nintendoland looked boring. NSMBU is good, but nothing huge and exciting, it's Mario, I'll get it, but... Oh, and there's a bunch of year old ports of games you already own? Yay?

I like how they were all "we did an earlier event to go over the hardware so it wouldn't waste time here" and then they proceeded to repeat everything they went over on Sunday. And how they were all "we have a separate conference for 3DS announcements, this is Wii U only" and then they spent an obnoxious amount of time on three 3DS games that we already know about.

Just... eh.

Sianos

The lack of launch games is astounding. It's like they learned nothing from the 3ds launch debacle.

The worst part is this exact same problem JUST happened. Sure, they eventually saved the platform when the games FINALLY arrived, but until then it just wasn't worth it. Should've saved the money and waited.

At least it's not like the Vita. May its soul rest in peace.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Again, this probably got lost- but according to Iwata's Japanese twitter feed, they will be showing off Japanese 3rd party games later.

No, they'll report it, but the READERS of the story won't care. And reporters attend to gather stories that interest their readership. If the conference doesn't offer that, less reporters would be sent next year and the year after and so on, repeating until we're back to 2001 or earlier, with gaming news being spat out onto the last page of the tech section of newspapers and recycling the same bland story from the Associated Press.

The gaming industry has changed a ridiculous amount from 2001 to 2012. Not showing Just Dance 4/Dance Central 3/Sing does NOT instantly mean readership of those stories in newspapers to plummet, and it does NOT instantly mean mainstream coverage falling back to 2001 levels. You do know the industry has expanded a lot in that frame, don't you? At the VERY least you're going to get reporters for the next CoD, and once they're at E3 they cover whatever else they see. Going back to pandering mostly to the hardcore isn't going to magically shrink the coverage. It doesn't work that way.

At some point you have to think that it's not for lack of trying. They're just incapable of getting their shit together for a strong launch line-up it seems.

Indeed. It's not like they're "keeping their cards close to their chest" or just didn't give a shit. They really just had nothing to show.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
WARNING: this is a looong rant matured from the end of the conference until now and it is my first written thought about it, also excuse me for the bad english it is not my first language.

You know... sometimes you just think if they make this to enrage you or something.

Let's go back in time before we knew about sunday's Nintendo Direct, all we knew was that nintendo had to present a console with its lineup... then Nintendo Direct happened... "Good!" i thought, "If they are making a video about the hardware before the conference that can only means that they will have more space for games." and sincerely i was already hyped a little at this point... then they say that there will be an entire conference for the 3ds the day after the "normal" one because the the first would've been all about WiiU games... Boy oh boy that can only means that they have a shitload of software to announce... i mean, it's the only explanation on why they had to make two complete conferences...
And then you start to imagine... you think how this will be better even than e3 2010 where they had a lot of good software for wii, if they announced that in a fraction of the conference god only knows what they will announce in an entire hour! THE HYPE IS THERE!

Conference begins! hyped as fuck with the only thought in mind wondering what awesomeness i will see, Pikmin 3 FUCK YEAH it doesn't look too good but whatever rock pikmin have amazing design and we already knew that was originally a Wii game that is scaled up for the new console... and that's only the beginning! They had more than an entire year to create stuff and after a whole year of silence i know they'll blow me away!
Reggie begin to talk about the philosophy and stuff about the console... "Why? You had the entire Nintendo Direct to talk about that bullshit... whatever the conference just started just make it quick..."
Then NSMBU "ok we already knew about this too... how about some new stuff? MAKE IT QUICK!!!"

About 30 mins in the fear begins... third party stuff.. "B-but we already knew these games they've already appeared in other conferences and some are already been released on other platforms! Why are you teasing me? Show me some Retro goodness, EAD stuff, HAL things, Sora surprises, Team Ninja cooperations, unannounced high profile third party games!".
40 mins in I was already desperate, i was only waiting Iwata to drop 2 or 3 bombs i was only waiting him to show up and redeem everything.

50 mins in and fate was already accepted... NintendoLand was the last thing for sure and it was unappealing as fuck... Just what the hell have they done in this period of silence? how it is possible that they had nothing to show up as brand new stuff? If it weren't for Pikmin that was originally a wii game and NSMBU that surely doesn't require a lot of resources to make it they could've announced a new console without an high profile game from first party? And then WHY IN THE NAME OF GOD HAVE THEY DECIDED TO USE A FULL CONFERENCE FOR THIS SHIT?

In the middle of that Luigi's Mansion/Pacman wannabe i threw a piece of light cardboard at the screen and gone out, i was mad, sooooo mad... they fucked with my intelligence and my time.

Serious question that i wanted to be answered, they really think that people who is informed enough to see the E3 are thrilled or appealed to see games as Just Dance, Sing or WiiFit? Have they any idea what is the demographic they are showing this stuff?
You aren't alone. When Miyamoto was in his dressing room and they showed the Pikmin get in his jacket and then he walked down the hallway, I was grinning ear to ear. It was pure magic. Then it all turned to complete and utter shit.

Just finished watching a replay. Wow what a disappointment. There was so little information given on the Wii U other then your buying a controller that just happens to have a console somewhere in the box.

Random thoughts.

+My body is ready. Seriously it was the most exciting thing that happened at the conference.
+Miyamoto showing off Pikmin 3.
+Luigi's Mansion.

- No price.
- No talk about improving their online network.
- What is the Wii U's interface? Was it that cluttered screen of Miis and speech bubbles? Good god.
- Not one game that made you go holy crap next gen is here. All third party titles look to be straight up ports with no graphical improvements.
- They should have had a 3d Mario cause showing Super Mario Bros Wii U followed by SMB3DS made both games look the same.
- Ending with the one two punch of a minigame collection and fireworks.

Once again Nintendo's console is not about the system but the controller itself. They've painted themselves into a corner where developers have to choose to create a game specifically around the controller or just do a quick port of their game. And Nintendo had little to show in terms of new IP or even existing IP. So I'm in no rush to buy the Wii U .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom