• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo eShop update officially released [New Update: Fixes Ridge Racer 3DS issue]

Mafro

For those in the US, was there a SpotPass message to let you know that Link's Awakening and the 3D videos had gone up on the store?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I forget. When is Four Swords hitting DSiWare? I love that game.

Negator

Has anyone managed to get the extra coins for linking your 3DS to Club Nintendo yet?

Edit: Nevermind. I seem to have them, but I do not have any coins for Link's Awakening DX or Shantae: Risky's Revenge

GeekyDad

Mafro said:
For those in the US, was there a SpotPass message to let you know that Link's Awakening and the 3D videos had gone up on the store?

Though both were up just an hour or two after their press conference, I never received a notification about it. Then again, I opted out of the advertisements for the eShop, so maybe that's why.

Keyouta

Has anyone asked Nintendo so far about messaging on the system? The friend's list isn't too useful right now. I know they've hinted at it before.

HiroProtagonist said:
Is there an "add to cart" option I'm missing? Downloading all of these videos individually is not optimal.

I was thinking that too... No "background download" option as in PSN I'm afraid. Having to stare at the download animation for each one sucks.

mclem

So, having never owned a DSi, there's a big strand of gaming I've pretty much completely missed out on, and I'd like to fix that. There is a very old DSiWare recommendations thread knocking around but I'm slightly nervous about bumping a 2009 thread ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357584 ) - that and it did seem specifically devoted to the first few titles.

Worth creating a new thread, bumping the old one, or just having that discussion in here?

swerve

mclem said:
So, having never owned a DSi, there's a big strand of gaming I've pretty much completely missed out on, and I'd like to fix that. There is a very old DSiWare recommendations thread knocking around but I'm slightly nervous about bumping a 2009 thread ( http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=357584 ) - that and it did seem specifically devoted to the first few titles.

Worth creating a new thread, bumping the old one, or just having that discussion in here?

Get 10-second-dash, solitaire, mr driller, dr. mario, pictobits, and boxlife. Be happy for months.

EDIT
OH I don't have western DSiWare but I suspect also Shantae and Mighty Flip Champs. But as I say, I don't have them to recommend, I just *wish* I did.

dvolovets

I'm repeating my question re: DSiWare since it got lost in the shuffle.

How do DSiWare games look on the 3DS? I am considering transferring the few games I have from my DSi XL to the 3DS, but I'm worried about how they will look. I would prefer to not play them in the "real" resolution because the screens are way too small that way. Thanks.

mclem said:
Worth creating a new thread?
Yes, it is. There have been many questions regarding DSiWare in various threads since yesterday. Getting all this down in one place (with instructions on how to find titles in the store in addition to recommendations, etc) could only be helpful
dvolovets said:
How do DSiWare games look on the 3DS?
Rough a la DS games though not quite as bad as those. Is it possible DSiWare was optimised for the DSi's larger screen? I don't know but they appear slightly better than I was expecting. They don't look as good as they would on a DSi of course but are acceptable I feel

mrklaw

MrArseFace
bought links awakening. good that the UK store updated fairly quickly - it was there this morning around 8am. would like LTTP though.

Any news on when we can expect Xevious? Don't really give a shit about excitebike, but looking forward to xevious

iyox

I just noticed tennis is on the EU store but not in the US store. Anyone know when this will hit the US store?

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Just checking: did anyone here face issues while transferring titles from DSi to the 3DS? DSi sound and WFC configurations go along fine, but when it comes to transferring DSiWare, it seems like my DSi times out - I keep getting get the 205602 error ("This Nintendo DSiWare could not be transferred, please wait and try later").

And no, it's not related to the 3DS Transfer Tool list of untransferrable software.

I've already tried full transfer, custom transfer, transferring the licenses only (by keeping games on DSi's SD card), but I keep getting the same error. I've already sent an email to Nintendo's tech support, but you never know, right? Anyone had this issue here?

(apparently, someone on Nintendo's forums has the same problem = http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/9221)

I couldn't transfer the bundled software that came with my DSiXL - "A Little Bit of Brain Training" and the "6-in-1 Dictionary". Not quite sure, but it's a bit frustrating as they're relatively expensive to replace.

dvolovets

OK, so I guess I'll be transferring from DSi to 3DS... why does it say that photo and sound data will be overwritten, though? I was under the impression that the 3DS saves all that stuff to an SD card, anyway...

Edit - Also, what are the different kinds of transfer options? Is it possible to transfer the licenses, i.e., so that I can redownload them on 3DS but still keep my games on the DSi?

dvolovets said:
Edit - Also, what are the different kinds of transfer options? Is it possible to transfer the licenses, i.e., so that I can redownload them on 3DS but still keep my games on the DSi?

Well, I didn't try it, but if you have a game stored on SD card instead of system memory on your DSi, it will simply transfer the rights so you can redownload on your 3DS. Unless there's some way it also blocks you from copying a game back to the system on the DSi after that rights transfer, you may be able to download the game on your 3DS and still play the version from the SD card on your DSi.

Anyone try it?

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
dvolovets said:
OK, so I guess I'll be transferring from DSi to 3DS... why does it say that photo and sound data will be overwritten, though? I was under the impression that the 3DS saves all that stuff to an SD card, anyway...

From what I understand, a succesful transfer removes its license from the previous system.

dvolovets

Cosmonaut X said:
Well, I didn't try it, but if you have a game stored on SD card instead of system memory on your DSi, it will simply transfer the rights so you can redownload on your 3DS. Unless there's some way it also blocks you from copying a game back to the system on the DSi after that rights transfer, you may be able to download the game on your 3DS and still play the version from the SD card on your DSi.

Anyone try it?
Hmm. Ideally, I would like to keep my games on the DSi and also have them playable on the 3DS. I have another question, though -- can you choose which games you transfer, or is it all or none? If this really is a one-way transfer, I would prefer to keep Art Academy on my DSi XL because of the bigger screen.

dvolovets said:
Hmm. Ideally, I would like to keep my games on the DSi and also have them playable on the 3DS. I have another question, though -- can you choose which games you transfer, or is it all or none? If this really is a one-way transfer, I would prefer to keep Art Academy on my DSi XL because of the bigger screen.

There's an option to do a complete transfer or a custom transfer. If you choose custom, you can opt to transfer your WFC settings, your sounds/pictures, or your DSiWare, and then you can pick from the individual files/games within those categories.

There's nothing I can see stopping you from transferring all but the one or two games you want to keep on your DSi, then transferring them at a later date if you want, but once they've gone from that system you can't return them - it's a one-way deal.

dvolovets

Cosmonaut X said:
There's an option to do a complete transfer or a custom transfer. If you choose custom, you can opt to transfer your WFC settings, your sounds/pictures, or your DSiWare, and then you can pick from the individual files/games within those categories.

There's nothing I can see stopping you from transferring all but the one or two games you want to keep on your DSi, then transferring them at a later date if you want, but once they've gone from that system you can't return them - it's a one-way deal.
Thank you for the clarification! Looks like I'll be leaving Art Academy on the XL.

dvolovets

I apologize for the double post, but I just started the process and I'm at the "Transfer data from NAME's Nintendo DSi system?" screen and it didn't ask me if I wanted to do a full or custom transfer yet. Will it? Damn, this process is way more stressful than it needs to be. Haha.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
dvolovets said:
I apologize for the double post, but I just started the process and I'm at the "Transfer data from NAME's Nintendo DSi system?" screen and it didn't ask me if I wanted to do a full or custom transfer yet. Will it? Damn, this process is way more stressful than it needs to be. Haha.

Well, if my example serves, I couldn't transfer my games yet. Even though I bump into an error (check my previous post) my previous DSiWare isn't lost.

dvolovets said:

IIRC, it's the last option you get after fully connecting the two systems.

Jeels

The web browser is incredibly slow. It is mostly functional though. (Although I can't figure out new windows/tabs).

swerve

beje said:
OMG that was the very first videogame I owned. DO. WANT. *___*

Awesome game. Imho never bettered by the Mario Vs DK games (which are still great, but just not *quite* there). Will buy...

Jintor said:
Man, pictobits is just fun.

Great, great game. Real shame when I finished. Complete sense of sadness once I cleared all the main stages.

*Please* try out Snapdots if you like puzzle games. I have never been so addicted to a slow-paced puzzler (I'm usually more into action puzzle games like pictobits and tetris attack).

http://www.wiiloveit.com/games/snapdots---dsiware-review

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Well, I found out (in fact, the guy from that Nintendo tech support forum did) why the hell I wasn't getting to transfer my DSiWare to the 3DS. Regional issues - even though my DSi's country was set to Brazil when I bought my games.

Anyway, I've changed both systems to United States, transferred the licenses and redownloaded the games. And yeah, when my 3DS was set to Brazil once again. One less worry, I guess.

RE: the thread title, I don't think the system update breaks Ridge Racer on European systems, cos I couldn't get the game to crash today even when I tried.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
butter_stick said:
RE: the thread title, I don't think the system update breaks Ridge Racer on European systems, cos I couldn't get the game to crash today even when I tried.
Does it say anything about RR3D in the Notification about there being an update for you?

Negator said:
Has anyone managed to get the extra coins for linking your 3DS to Club Nintendo yet?

Edit: Nevermind. I seem to have them, but I do not have any coins for Link's Awakening DX or Shantae: Risky's Revenge

My coins for linking have yet to show up, plus i have nothing for LADX or Shantae at all from purchasing last night. Does it normally take this long?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
hikarutilmitt said:
My coins for linking have yet to show up, plus i have nothing for LADX or Shantae at all from purchasing last night. Does it normally take this long?
1 week for VC games to get the survey.

DMG-01

hikarutilmitt said:
Conversely, I've somehow gotten 3 times the coins for linking my one 3DS. :p

qU9ur.png

I haven't gotten any surveys to fill out for any of the DSiware that I've since downloaded though (including Shantae); I think it's only for certain Nintendo published titles or something like that.

Fuzzy said:
1 week for VC games to get the survey.

Ah, that explains a lot then. If they can get my 40 coins for the linking and the coins for my 2 purchases and I fill out all the post play surveys i have piling up I'll have enough for Platinum again before the cutoff.

Tarin02543

my 3ds did say that ridge racer would be broken for a couple of weeks and I'm in belgium.

I think we are not out of the clear yet.

Top Bottom