• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Illustrations to Highlight The Wii U Difference (JP)

That would be Toadsworth you're thinking of.

150px-Toadsworth_artwork_--_Super_Mario_Sunshine.PNG

http://www.mariowiki.com/Toadsworth

The Toad in the pic is presumably the main, favorite Toad who joins Mario and co. in their adventures in SMB2 USA and 3DW.

Main favorite Toad? Oh god... Is actually her property?

AdanVC

I love the first picture, everyone just chilling there, haha. This is my all time favorite Mario art style. Nothing can beat this classic Mario by Yoichi Kotabe. Maybe he actually draw this illustrations? I believe he is working again with Nintendo since he did the 2D artwork on Super Mario 3D Land and 3D World.

LoveCake

As good as these are, it really says something when a console manufacturer has to do this a year after release, to explain what the console is about.

zma1013

original.jpg

"PLAY ALONE BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE WOULD RATHER WATCH TRUCKER DAUGHTER WIVES."

original.jpg

"COOKING... BECAUSE THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT MY LAZY MICROWAVABLE HOT POCKET EATING ASS WANTS TO DO."

original.jpg

"HAVE YOUR FRIENDS COME OVER AND LAUGH AT YOUR WII U WHILE YOU GET ANGRY TRYING TO SHOW THEM HOW COOL IT IS."

original.jpg

"YOUR BUDDY SUCKS AT SINGING? TELL HIM IN A NOT SO SUBTLE WAY BY CHANGING THE SONG RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF HIS PERFORMANCE."

2D lounging Mario is best Mario. It's fun seeing the characters interact like this.

I love the classic 2D artwork. I hope they stick with this in future Mario games.

The character icons were some of my personal favorite details about 3D World.

tumblr_n06hbkBF6m1rwax79o1_500.jpg

You see this art style? I would play a game with this art style. Come on, we have the technology, make it happen.

Also, wow. These are just joyful and good.

I love that art style.

The character icons were some of my personal favorite details about 3D World.

tumblr_n06hbkBF6m1rwax79o1_500.jpg

The 2D portraits are nice but I hate how Rosalina was shrunk so significantly in that game, she looks so weird being the same height as Mario.

I probably would do this if the dumb gamepad didn't disconnect as soon as I left my room.

That's the problem with really thick walls, my Wii U hardly connects to the internet because my walls are so thick.

Really?

Why does Peach have to be the one cooking? Why not Luigi or Mario?

You'd have to be crazy to say it's not at least a bit sexist.

I think it would be a little sexist if it was Peach and Rosalina baking a cake, or just Peach by herself, but the illustration depicts Peach and Toad so I'm not sure where you get sexism from that.

Raist

Banned

Mario, Toad and Peach kinda look happier watching TV than Luigi playing with his Gamepad. Not to mention he's got to lie on the floor while they're just chilling on comfy couches. I guess that's what he gets for getting his own "year" in 2013.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Really?

Why does Peach have to be the one cooking? Why not Luigi or Mario?

You'd have to be crazy to say it's not at least a bit sexist.

we can never show women baking again

because of sexism

...I thought the same thing as you when I first saw that picture, though. "Oh, sure, of course Peach is baking in one of these."

Top Bottom