• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Illustrations to Highlight The Wii U Difference (JP)

how? it's the same as advertising it has Netflix because Netflix is very popular, there's nothing desperate about it.

It comes off as a feature that would be a foot note for other game consoles in Japan. Or I dunno, maybe it just reminds me of other weaker selling systems in the past that would try to push karaoke as a selling point in Japan. Like the Sega Saturn, Sega CD, PCFX, and whatnot.

Coolwhip

Banned
What's next? A crying Peach begging you to buy a Wii U?

Nintendos marketing department surely realises by now how bad of a concept the Wii U was.

Mory Dunz

Really?

Why does Peach have to be the one cooking? Why not Luigi or Mario?

You'd have to be crazy to say it's not at least a bit sexist.

Slightly upset that Peach is the one baking.

Ok, I can't tell anymore...are these being serious...or what?

If serious:
Hmm, in Super Mario 64, she baked a cake. Could this be a throwback reference? No, must be sexism of course.

If not serious:
Incluse a "lol" or smily please.

Richie

The cake she promised shows up at the end of the credits.

FCDVAc8.png

Well, I'll be, I stand corrected. My apologies to Ms. Toadstool for my vile accusations.

Blues1990

Not really, it was made for the Game & Watch Gallery games on Game Boy:

You know, despite being an overlord of evil, Bowser looks hysterical/adorable tickling Toad in this box art. It's also interesting that the artwork done for the Club Nintendo promotional materials, as far as DK is concerned, his redesign is a mixture of his DKC look & the original arcade sprite. Especially with how he grins & has those plus symbols in the gaps of his teeth.

Club_Nintendo_Characters_Poster.png

Donkey-kong.gif

sakipon

What if Sony would publish pictures of Sackboy using PS4's camera, or Kratos sharing a screenshot? Would it be considered a desperate marketing attempt? Sometimes art is just art.

maxcriden

I love the first picture, everyone just chilling there, haha. This is my all time favorite Mario art style. Nothing can beat this classic Mario by Yoichi Kotabe. Maybe he actually draw this illustrations? I believe he is working again with Nintendo since he did the 2D artwork on Super Mario 3D Land and 3D World.

I was thinking the same thing. I feel like it must be him, the art style is extremely similar to that in 3DW.

The Wii has a new controller for the kitchen?

Finally I can learn to whisk. Ohhh, a circular motion! That's what I've been missing all these years!

Here's Yoichi Kotabe's modern DK:

I have this on my Gamepad!!

803387b.jpg

Too soon!

(BTW they should be playing Balloon Fight Online....)

Boney

Banned
Nintendo wouldn't be in this sales age mess if they'd drop shitty cg Mario and started using more of this amazing art

Yeah, but there's about a million other Karaoke machine players in Japan. This just seems like a desperate attempt to me.

It was a karaoke machine from day 1. So no, not because "things are looking bad". It´s a pretty awesome karaoke machine too! Pretty cheap, great collection, great interface.

Nintendo would love if people used these like iPads but the experience isn't anywhere near as good.

I appreciate them patching the holes on the sinking ship though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Can't believe there's no image of Wario taking a dump while using the GamePad.

Nintendo totally don't understand their audience, that's the best feature of the Wii U.

Sigh.

The title of the page these are from is 'What You Can Do With Wii U', with the subtitle 'Apart from the games, here's the other things you can do with Wii U.' There's nothing about 'highlight the Wii U difference' in Japanese. Of course some people would get their thongs twisted over nothing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Kamiya is bitter (rightfully):

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/443939557508001792

そういえばウイユーでできることのページに当然の如くTW101無くてニッコリ…

"Of course TW101 is nowhere to be seen on the "what you can do with Wii U" page *smiles*..."

Top Bottom