• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Investor Meeting 04/24/2013 LIVE

Yeah, there was actually a fair drop last night after the results came out yesterday, then a buying rally this morning drove the price up a bit, but after this meeting, the price dropped lower than the starting price today.
I'm going to guess something along the lines of:
- Announce losses greater than expectations. =>drop
- Forecast 100B yen profit =>rally
- Detail uninspiring "plan" to reach 100B yen profit =>drop

DaBoss

iCvz5k7exQbWk.gif

OMG, dat name drop. MH4 confirmed for the west.

Haha, I love your MH love.
xD Well it's my favorite franchise and we know Capcom is expecting MH3U to sell 5M copies in NA alone, so I'm worried about future installments not making their way to the west.

OMG, dat name drop. MH4 confirmed for the west.
Iwata said:
As I mentioned on another occasion, we plan to more actively support the Japanese software developers in distributing their key titles overseas. To be more specific, as of today, such third-party titles as shown on this slide have already been announced that they will be sold in the overseas markets, and I’ve also heard that our third parties are planning to launch other software titles that they have not announced yet.

EmcMqSP.jpg

Worldwide release August 2013.

iCvz5k7exQbWk.gif

Not having an E3 conference is a terrible mistake.

Nintendo is already having a huge problem with console mindshare as far as this generational transition is going.

I'm assuming they'll just drop a Nintendo Direct instead. Same difference, just with the benefit of editing.

I'm assuming they'll just drop a Nintendo Direct instead. Same difference, just with the benefit of editing.

Exactly.

The same news will be reported by every outlet whether they rent a stage or put up a video. Forum hype machines are not were people learn about these things.

People over reacting to this.

For fucks sake think things through.

VXLbeast

Well that was about as exciting as the Vita price drop videos, but that's what we were expecting. Kinda like it that way. Keeps me even more pumped for e3.

Beth Cyra

Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey IV, Project X Zone, Bravely Default, Professor Layton, Harvest Moon...

Project X Zone is notable for it's Fan Wanking and that no one thought it would be localized. The single worst thing that can happen to this game is people hype it up because it isn't going to be able to live up to it really unless you know what it is and are already looking forward to it.

Effect

It's as if some people are ignoring how crazy Gaf gets on Nintendo Direct days. Imagine a possible week of that or at least several days back to back.

Pikma

Banned
It's as if some people are ignoring how crazy Gaf gets on Nintendo Direct days. Imagine a possible week of that or at least several days back to back.

72 hours Nintendo Direct Marathon, Watch all the NDs ever, from the very beginning, with the last one being a new episode.

tajd

Banned

nintendo could hold a week long nintendo direct 30 minutes each demo

day 1 mario u

day 2 mario kart

day 3 zelda ww

and so on

Even before that, the ridiculously popular SSB Brawl reveil did not happen at the E3 conference, but the E3 roundtable.

Effect

nintendo could hold a week long nintendo direct 30 minutes each demo

day 1 mario u

day 2 mario kart

day 3 zelda ww

and so on

Exactly. They aren't limited to just giving each game a short 5 to 10 minute showing. Some games don't even make it to the presentation and are only talked about afterward. This way each game can possibly be given the attention it deserves.

tajd

Banned
Exactly. They aren't limited to just giving each game a short 5 to 10 minute showing. Some games don't even make it to the presentation and are only talked about afterward. This way each game can possibly be given the attention it deserves.

oh and dont forget you can now enjoy the same demo on the e-shop (i can dream)

TriGen

Yeah, I hope they take advantage of that. This is an oppurtunity to talk/show a ton from each game. That's definitely something I'm looking forward to. They better not just drop trailers and run.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yeah, I hope they take advantage of that. This is an oppurtunity to talk/show a ton from each game. That's definitely something I'm looking forward to. They better not just drop trailers and run.
They'll probably drop trailers. The games far enough in development will still be playable on the floor as they've announced so you'll get the rest from media coverage.

Edit: eh, there's a thread for this why are we talking about it everywhere, I got confused and thought I'm in the other thread again, lol...

The only good part of Microsoft's conference last year was when the South Park guys made fun of it.
The best part of Nintendo's conference was The Wonderful 101, which was after the conference was over.
I can't remember a genuinely good moment from Sony's.

Sandfox

The only good part of Microsoft's conference last year was when the South Park guys made fun of it.
The best part of Nintendo's conference was The Wonderful 101, which was after the conference was over.
I can't remember a genuinely good moment from Sony's.

The main conferences of E3 have legitimately been boring. The only E3 conference I've enjoyed recently has been the 3DS segment of 2010.

Brera

Banned
I love how Nintendo cite kotaku in relation to positivity but fail to mention the feelings on NeoGaf.

Also, Nintendo more or less admit that 3DS is their priority.

They don't give a shit about their £300 home system. I'm quite frankly disgusted by their attitude. 3DS has shitloads of games already!

Brera

Banned
Accusing other posters of being "joke" posters is insulting.

If you disagree with any viewpoint that is contrary to yours, it doesn't make that viewpoint a joke.

Can you argue that there isn't a lot of hostility towards Nintendo and their constant dumbassery?

Nintendo need to move on from the past otherwise they are heading towards the same future as Sony. Years or losses and stagnation!

If you disagree with any viewpoint that is contrary to yours, it doesn't make that viewpoint a joke.

Can you argue that there isn't a lot of hostility towards Nintendo and their constant dumbassery?

Nintendo need to move on from the past otherwise they are heading towards the same future as Sony. Years or losses and stagnation!

Sure, there is a lot of hostility towards Nintendo on NeoGAF but there is a lot of goodwill and support as well. NeoGAF is not a hivemind. It is a forum for discussion. Kotaku is a media website. They are quite different.

You implying that a positive article on Kotaku is somehow balanced by any number of critical posts on NeoGAF is maybe not a joke but it's not really an 'arguable' point of view, either.

Hasney

I love how Nintendo cite kotaku in relation to positivity but fail to mention the feelings on NeoGaf.

I think when you're talking to investors, citing the enthusiast press is probably the way to go rather than a message board. They're also obviously going to go with a positive message rather than stand there going "TugJob69 over on the YouTube channel commented on one of our Directs saying that, and I'm quoting here, "Iwata should die in a fire while choking on a big bag of d*cks like the c*nt he is."

Personally, I think all Nintendo ills would be washed away if they get Brad Maddox to do all their public speaking.

First off, why are you surprised that Nintendo would fail to bring up a bunch of negative opinions during a presentation designed to reassure their investors?

Second, why are you surprised that Nintendo would fail to bring up a bunch of negative opinions from an internet forum of all things?

Third, you are aware that there are divergent opinions on this internet forum, correct?

Fourth, even if all the impressions on GAF were positive, what do you want Iwata to do? Quote a post? Kotaku is a respected med... well, they're a media outlet. Let's just put it like that. That's a world of difference in credibility when making a presentation to investors.

Your post couldn't have made less sense to me if it was written in Swahili*.

*Note: I don't speak Swahili.

Not "any viewpoint", it's just you people prefer to disregard, for the sake of their own sanity.

Top Bottom