• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Investor Meeting 04/24/2013 LIVE

Dunno
Nintendo said that with us purchases larger than sales that currency benefit was limited but should increase as usd sales rise

Nintendo wiiu momentum is lost already, want continuous software releases and more important that software has high satisfaction

Nintendo said advertising expense doesn't rise much this yr because of efficiency of using Nintendo direct and social media and eshop

Striek

23l.jpg

I wonder how much of the growth is retail downloads and how much is DLC/VC/eShop only titles.

It is crazy how far behind their competitors Nintendo is, but positive momentum is a very good thing.

DaBoss

So delaying the games and releasing them later so it is together is their solution.

Should have launched the console in Feburary.

So, using 2012 Q1 weekly sales from Nintendo, the info where they said the European market decreased 29% in 2013 Q1, and the market share, I find these numbers for European sales estimated by Nintendo for Jan, Feb and Mar:

Code:
PS3	814,000
360	585,000
3DS	474,000
PSP	290,000
WII	222,000
PSV	145,000
WIU	122,000
NDS	 38,000

But take these with a pile of salt.
The numbers look "about right." I guess it's better than nothing.

DaBoss

Nintendo explaining software delays said it was because people had to work on hardware more than planned and min expectations rising
Nintendo on share buyback said it's only benefit is to those who exit their shares into it, only short term benefit

Not really understanding the top tweet.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So,

For your information, as recovering the momentum in the overseas markets tops our priority list, we are planning to place our overseas operations under the direct control of the company president after this year’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. Under this new management structure, the company will make its utmost efforts to achieve the 100 billion yen operating profit in the current fiscal year.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130425/04.html

Does that sound to anyone else like he's giving Reggie total control of NOA? "President" is his job title, aside COO. I mean yeah Iwata's gonna be the CEO, but maybe until now Reggie's just been a pawn, like many have suspected. This seems to be giving NOA their balls back.

Unless he is referring to himself in the third person as the "company president," but I kind of doubt that.

Can't Iwata just go: "Now the update is becoming available worldwide as we speak, seamlessly improving the user experience, have a nice day".

Effect

Not having an E3 conference is a terrible mistake.

Nintendo is already having a huge problem with console mindshare as far as this generational transition is going.

What's important is the media coverage. The media will cover the various closed events where the media and retailers can focus on what is being presented to them. Nintendo Directs are already viewed by millions and reported by all gaming media. Let's say Nintendo has several during the E3 week. That's a week of coverage compared to a single day. What's the point of a stage show other then to present information. They can present the information via Nintendo Directs and craft it anyway they want. They can have anyone they want on them. They don't need to be on stage in front of people to do this. They can then be rewatched over and over again in various ways. Nintendo Directs are a huge success with them breaking the bank on a stage show.

They'll still be at E3. They'll likely still have their big section where people can play the games and where any information I assume that is broadcast will be there for people to view. Interviews will still be done. P

Anteo

So,

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130425/04.html

Does that sound to anyone else like he's giving Reggie total control of NOA? "President" is his job title, aside COO. I mean yeah Iwata's gonna be the CEO, but maybe until now Reggie's just been a pawn, like many have suspected. This seems to be giving NOA their balls back.

Unless he is referring to himself in the third person as the "company president," but I kind of doubt that.

You missed the news this morning? Iwata is the new CEO of NOA, Reggie is still the COO and president btw.

Edit: Maybe I misread your post. Not my brightest night. Well that's that. Time to log off.

L Thammy

Not really understanding the top tweet.

Perhaps it's that changes to the console have made it difficult to work on games? It was obviously half-baked when it was released (day 1 update, etc).

Iwata says more unannounced 3DS titles on the way

Does this even need to be said? Of course there's more 3DS games on the way. It's the Wii U that's in doubt.

EDarkness

Nice information coming out, but still he doesn't seem to be talking much about the Wii U. The 3DS is by far the focus of discussion.

Not having an E3 conference is a terrible mistake.

Nintendo is already having a huge problem with console mindshare as far as this generational transition is going.

The vast, vast majority of the people who would watch an E3 conference this year are the same people who already know about the Wii U, will learn about any news through the internet, etc. The people Nintendo need to reach are typically not reached via E3 but rather through things like good advertising and word of mouth.

royalan

The vast, vast majority of the people who would watch an E3 conference this year are the same people who already know about the Wii U, will learn about any news through the internet, etc. The people Nintendo need to reach are typically not reached via E3 but rather through things like good advertising and word of mouth.

Not entirely true.

LOTS of general media cover E3.

Jonnyram

It's not literally rumors most of the time, that's just how the saying goes. Usually, it's just anticipation of news.
Yeah, there was actually a fair drop last night after the results came out yesterday, then a buying rally this morning drove the price up a bit, but after this meeting, the price dropped lower than the starting price today.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I was about to make the exact same point. Maybe they will have a presence, just not do a presentation? Or is this their way of not having to meet internal deadlines?

They're going to E3, they'll have events. They're just not having a press conference. They're having several smaller events.

Meelow

Banned
If Nintendo wasn't going to be at E3 and wasn't going to have meetings for the Media and stuff like that than yeah, I'd say Nintendo has gone crazy, but they will be at E3 just like they always been but instead of a E3 Conference we will have a E3 Direct, I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo shows the Nintendo Direct live at E3 where there are tons of people to watch it, especially during the demo section of Nintendo.

Not entirely true.

LOTS of general media cover E3.

Yeah, good thing we don't have to worry about the "general media" missing Nintendo.

jay

They should delay all games until 2015 when they will be able to release a few a month, with no momentum loss, until they phase out the console.

wsippel

Banned
Yeah, there was actually a fair drop last night after the results came out yesterday, then a buying rally this morning drove the price up a bit, but after this meeting, the price dropped lower than the starting price today.
Guess my edit was too slow. Yes, but there was a rather significant gain over the last few weeks, starting around April 5th.

Iwata said:
This is not a Nintendo title, but an overseas edition of "Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G," or "Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate," was also launched in March. Recently, with the launch of titles like these, we are seeing that the Nintendo 3DS sales are gradually gaining momentum.
iCvz5k7exQbWk.gif

Top Bottom