• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Investor Meeting 04/24/2013 LIVE

Wiiu sales improve from July onwards from first party titles.
From Game & Wario and Pikmin?
Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

92% total. Say what?

they probably mean 2/3rds bought the digital voucher at retail

edit: beaten by Kyou

Anecdotally, I was in a gamestop the other day and a grandma was there with two grand daughters trying to buy Luigi's Mansion 2.
It was out of stock (of course), so they ended up leaving the store empty-handed even though they were offered the download voucher by the clerk.

They can tout digital sales all they want, but most people still want a physical copy or need to be educated about the eShop.

TheChits

What the fuck?

Its showing my posts in your pictures. Did you hack my account or something? The fuck??

Edit: Oh its your Firneds list. We must be friends. Thought I was tripping or something. I need a coke.

They are looking at their activity feed, which displays what your friends have posted. Your posts just so happen to be the most recent

wheapon

You can actually post to miiverse from your computer, but you can only comment on posts, you can't make new ones. Also, it doesn't seem you can draw pictures.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Pretty sure that means 2/3 of the 25% were card purchases at retail.

Nintendo was pretty big about partnering with retail for digital sales.

Stoof

Is it just me or can you only make comments on existing posts on PC Miiverse?

You can actually post to miiverse from your computer, but you can only comment on posts, you can't make new ones. Also, it doesn't seem you can draw pictures.

Guess it's not just me. :(

Pyrokai

I seriously feel like a unified account between 3DS/Wii U/eShops/Nintendo Network is right around the fucking corner.

I can feels it. All the feels.

jvm

Gamasutra.
As a non-Wii U owner, do you need to have a Wii U to have a Nintendo Network ID or is a 3DS enough?
At this time, it is only possible to create a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U console. (This is different from a Club Nintendo account ID.)

(From the sign-in page.)

GulAtiCa

At this time, it is only possible to create a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U console. (This is different from a Club Nintendo account ID.)

I hope it stays that way. Not to be mean to anyone who wants in and can't currently, but I feel the place wouldn't be the same if it was everyone.

diaspora

(From the sign-in page.)

... So, friend code for the 3DS, club nintendo for perks, and NNID for Wii U. Whut

-Horizon-

I guess if the 3DS version isn't going to be out yet, I can just have fun and browse the online site on my ipad. Looking pretty good.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
When I try to access miiverse via the 3DS browser, I get an "The internet browser you are using cannot be used to access Miiverse" message.

Mik2121

In Japan wiiu will get suica card compatibility in near future to enable easy payment. Suica used for trains here

Suica and all the other IC cards are now working together, so I assume (hope?) we can also use our own IC cards that are not Suica for payments as well (I have sugoca, which is from Fukuoka...)

BTW, for those that don't know, Suica is an IC card used for transport (you put some charge on it and just put the card on top of the scanner to get through fast). All big cities have those cards and since last month all of them work everywhere instead of being a different card for each area. I assume the payment stuff is the same as well, but I wonder if you can do it by just putting the card on top of the WiiU controller with the NFC scanner thing.

Top Bottom