• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Investor Meeting 04/24/2013 LIVE

javac

Yo

vdegBAl.jpg

jvm

Gamasutra.
Did not know what that was.

Suica (スイカ Suika?) is a rechargeable contactless smart card used as a fare card on train lines in Japan.

From wikipedia.

Suica and all the other IC cards are now working together, so I assume (hope?) we can also use our own IC cards that are not Suica for payments as well (I have sugoca, which is from Fukuoka...)

You can use IC cards in Pokemon Rumble U to get random pokemon.

squall23

What is a Suica card? This is the first time I heard of one.
If it's what I think it is, it's similar to Hong Kong's Octopus Card. Essentially, it's a card that you fill with cash and can be used as a quick cash transfer for businesses with the card scanner. Things such as transit or McDonalds. The main point of the cards is the convenience and speed.

From the login page:

"At this time, it is only possible to create a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U console."

This has got to be a confirmation of accounts not being hardware-locked, right?

From the login page:

"At this time, it is only possible to create a Nintendo Network ID on a Wii U console."

Maybe, although it's more likely it's just saying that you'll be able to make a Nintendo Network ID on a 3DS and have the account locked to a single Wii U and a single 3DS.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
David hasn't tweeted in 13 minutes. Maybe the Q&A is happening right now.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
From the login page:

There's always been an account import button on the Wii U when setting it up - it just doesn't do much right now.

Yet they left it there, so...

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Exactly and I feel that there should be a separate 3ds miiverse community
Why? From a business sense it's not a good idea. Having them connected exposes those whom only own one to the other. It also makes the community much larger considering how small the Wii U userbase is currently.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Why? From a business sense it's not a good idea. Having them connected exposes those whom only own one to the other. It also makes the community much larger considering how small the Wii U userbase is currently.

The entire 3DS userbase coming into Miiverse would be quite the population explosion, ha ha.

Top Bottom