• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Investor Meeting 04/24/2013 LIVE

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Rösti;55346224 said:
David hasn't tweeted in 13 minutes. Maybe the Q&A is happening right now.

I'm personally hoping his laptop/phone has died or something because this has been a very uneventful Investor meeting so far, especially considering the position they are currently in.

I'm already loving the ability to directly take the screenshots taken on the Wii U which are posted to Miiverse and transfer them to the computer. Shame about the smaller resolution, but at least they're big enough to see what's going on.

toon_link

I'm already loving the ability to directly take the screenshots taken on the Wii U which are posted to Miiverse and transfer them to the computer. Shame about the smaller resolution, but at least they're big enough to see what's going on.
They're at the resolution of the gamepad

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What file format are the screenshots in?

antonz

agreed
zlCfzQ9yt9wFHhLLJS

Hardware share?
Is that Japan, U.S., Europe (est.), and Worldwide?
I'd say yes, yes, yes, and I don't know what else the last could be?
This must be EU breakdown by country:
kGo2p1A.jpg

UK, France, Germany, don't know the rest. Germany seems to be best performing region in terms of marketshare for WiiU.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Does page 4 allude to Nintendo not having an E3 presentation this year and focusing on smaller demos/events?
Or am I reading my translation horribly wrong.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Closes with a "please be excited for E3" and some Director shuffling.

April and May are going to be bloodbath figures, and presumably June too.

The 3DS is in a good place right now but the Wii U still hasn't addressed the most nagging issues like, when are the heavy-hitting Nintendo games going to release.

antonz

E3 section seems to be going on the idea of Nintendo Directs becoming so important and for E3 to be the place to experience things announced prior. That Nintendo needs to come up with a new type of announcement for E3 I think

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I see E3 on page four, translation please!
Engrish (interesting part anyway):

At E3 this year, we do not plan to announce the new hard, and that it announced the software, to get this experience is the main activity of E3. Many people you have a great interest and would like to know more about the Wii U game that we announce, and our company by using the timing of E3, and to tell you the details about the Wii U game to launch this year, and, I'm going to be able to experience immediately to visitors. Therefore, we accept the challenge of that effort as never before, to establish a new form of announcement at E3 this year.
Apart from that, they just talked a bit about their performance at the most recent E3s.

Hobby

E3 to focus on Wii U titles coming this year and playable versions of said titles. Nintendo also plans on "challenging" a new method for announcements at E3, in a way not seen before.

Nah but it would be just as portable with normal controller included :)

True, true. I don't think I ever saw one of these screens in action. Then again I didn't see many PSones either.
Think of the cheapest LCD display possible and add in Game Gear-level blur. It's awful by today's standards.

But I was able to beat Breath of Fire IV on a trip to North Carolina, so I loved it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
E3 section seems to be going on the idea of Nintendo Directs becoming so important and for E3 to be the place to experience things announced prior. That Nintendo needs to come up with a new type of announcement for E3 I think

So WiiU Nintendo Direct a possibility before E3?

Meelow

Banned
Rösti;55349204 said:
Engrish (interesting part anyway):

Apart from that, they just talked a bit about their performance at the most recent E3s.

Even though that's in English I have no idea what I just read.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
E3 to focus on Wii U titles coming this year and playable versions of said titles. Nintendo also plans on "challenging" a new method for announcements at E3.

I think this means 3D Mario and Mario Kart this year.

Top Bottom