• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo official financial report (10/25),Wii worldwide sales revealed

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
HAL_Laboratory said:
Does it really matter? The average lifespan for a Wii at retail is like 3.4 seconds.

That's not really the case in Japan anymore.

It's hard to believe they're over 14 million already. :lol That's fucking crazy. And with Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers, WiiFit and Mario Kart in the bullpen, no less.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
So a little past 50% of world wide gamecube sales in under a year? I miss rooting for the underdog Nintendo. Now I have to root for Sony :*(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So for the next 6 months they expect to ship about 10 million Wii's.

Doesn't sound like an undershipped Christmas to me.

Evlar

Banned
Forecasting 17.5 million Wiis in the retail channel from April 07 to March 08. So far they've pushed 7.33 million into retail in the first half of that period.

This means that Nintendo expects to ship 10.17 million Wiis to retailers between the first of October and the end of next March.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The Sphinx said:
Forecasting 17.5 million Wiis in the retail channel from April 07 to March 08. So far they've pushed 7.33 million into retail in the first half of that period.

This means that Nintendo expects to ship 10.17 million Wiis to retailers between the first of October and the end of next March.

Beat ya ;)

But yeah...they've got to have a lot on reserve for the holiday's, no doubt.

The Sphinx said:

It's why I think they'll have tons of Wii's available for Christmas. Around 3.5M worldwide for November and December. At least.

1.8M for NA, 800k for Japan and 900kM for EU is what I'm predicting for those two months.

chris0701

Gamecube ,sold 5 years LTD : 21.66m
Wii ,sold 10 months LTD: 13.17m

In 5 more hours,we would see Sony 07Q2 financial report,today would be a nice day for GAFFers.:lol

medrew

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl LTD - 12.17m
Brain Age - 17.19m edit: Seems and 1 and 2 sales combined

Mario Party 8 - 2.89m

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Do they have specific Nintendo game LTDs in the report?

edit: If so, Zelda (Wii + GC) LTDs, pls.

Soule

Nintendo:
fapfapfapakaplayingwii.gif

older than the internet i know but still one of my favs :)

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
The Sphinx said:

Holy Crap, that sounds like a really big number no matter how you spin it.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
AndoCalrissian said:
There are freaking Mario avatars everywhere!
and I helped ;-)
yes, this is true. i would put a mario hat on ayu, but i'm going to put a BWii helmet on it this weekend...

Cruceh

Banned
perfectchaos007 said:
Brain age outsold pokemon? what the hell? I thought Pokemon was.....oh nvm I forgot about Japan. Its always Japan....
It's worldwide. There's no way Pokemon sold 12 million in Japan. :lol

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
zallaaa said:
so we have the lead or not? what are the latest MSTF totals after the halo wave?
Microsoft posts their quarterly earnings release later today.

Cruceh said:
It's worldwide. There's no way Pokemon sold 12 million in Japan. :lol

I know, but in America Pokemon did outsell Brain age, But in Japan is was the other way around. I forgot that little Japanese fact.

Evlar

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
Wow, Nintendo's business is actually mostly from overseas(i.e. not from Japan).

Listen to use more, Nintendo.

edit: wait, I think I read that wrong.
No, you're right. That last paragraph is misleading: "inter-segment sales" represent the Japanese studios "selling" their products to NOA and NOE and the rest.

The Sphinx said:
No, you're right. That last paragraph is misleading: "inter-segment sales" represent the Japanese studios "selling" their products to NOA and NOE and the rest.
Oh. I can go back to being a rightfully whining westerner then.

LISTEN TO US MOAR!

Top Bottom