• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo official financial report (10/25),Wii worldwide sales revealed

Zzoram

Lobster said:
Depends on Japan really. Japan has really not gotten into the this generation of consoles :\

I can't see Japan rushing to buy PS3s because it's Christmas. Maybe when Final Fantasy XIII comes out in 2008 (or 2009).

Boerseun

Banned
The Wii is an awesome piece of hardware and has easily the most impressive slate of upcoming games. It totally deserves to win this generation.

legend166

Zzoram said:
By Jan.01,2008

22million Wii
19 million 360
9 million PS3

reasonable?

I can't see the 360 selling that much. It's at what now, 12.5 million?

For it to sell 6.5 million over Nov/Dec would be pretty amazing.

Lobster

Banned
Zzoram said:
I can't see Japan rushing to buy PS3s because it's Christmas. Maybe when Final Fantasy XIII comes out in 2008 (or 2009).

I can't see them rushing buy Wiis either..Japan makes my head hurt.

Zzoram

Lobster said:
I can't see them rushing buy Wiis either..Japan makes my head hurt.

By far the US will get the biggest sales spike from Christmas, and the sales breakdown will be like 50% Wii 35% 360 and 15% PS3 in all liklihood.

Zzoram said:
By Jan.01,2008

22million Wii
19 million 360
9 million PS3

reasonable?
I think that the 360 is around 2M too many at the very least. They're at 12M right now, and 7M in the next three months is entering Wii territory.

The PS3 is 1-1.5M too many, too. 4-5M in the next 3 months including the holidays is Wii territory.

laserbeam

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
I think that the 360 is around 2M too many at the very least. They're at 12M right now, and 7M in the next three months is entering Wii territory.

Microsofts own fiscal report was only estimating like 14 million sold by april too.

Zzoram

titiklabingapat said:

The PS3 is 1-1.5M too many, too. 4-5M in the next 3 months including the holidays is Wii territory.

The Wii is expecting like 10 million. I can see the 360 doing 7 million if the Wii can do 10 million. Even during most of the year, the 360 in NPD was roughly half of Wii sales, maybe a bit more, but the Wii will be supply constrained.

The PS3 can't do less than 4 million his holiday with a $399 sku out there. I just couldn't believe that. If it doesn't break 9 million world wide this year, I think there will be a total breakdown of confidence in the PS3.

Zzoram said:
The Wii is expecting like 10 million. I can see the 360 doing 7 million if the Wii can do 10 million. Even during most of the year, the 360 in NPD was roughly half of Wii sales, maybe a bit more, but the Wii will be supply constrained.

The PS3 can't do less than 4 million his holiday with a $399 sku out there. I just couldn't believe that. If it doesn't break 9 million world wide this year, I think there will be a total breakdown of confidence in the PS3.
No, the Wii is expected to do 10M through March 31st, 2008, not until the end of 2007.

Microsoft only manage less than 2.5M last year(November+December, worldwide), btw. Even with Halo 3, I just don't see Microsoft doing 7M.

Zzoram

titiklabingapat said:
No, the Wii is expected to do 10M through March 31st, 2008, not until the end of 2007.

Microsoft only manage less than 2.5M last year(November+December, worldwide), btw.

Really?

OK, let me revise that, lol

By Jan.1,2008 does this sound reasonable?

Wii 20million
360 16million
PS3 8.5 million

Gaborn

Zzoram said:
Really?

OK, let me revise that, lol

By Jan.1,2008 does this sound reasonable?

Wii 20million
360 16million
PS3 8.5 million

Personally I'd put the PS3 closer to 7 million, 7.5 at the most.

The scary thing is that there's a really good chance that the Wii could be close to within a million (or even surpass it) of the combined userbase of the 360 and PS3 by March 08 :lol

R-User!

Lonewolf_92 said:
The reason I knew getting a Wii would be trouble and to expect a crowd as watching messageboards like this one (and Gamefaqs) and seeing the buzz building as Nintendo showed the "Revolution" bit by bit. It was like watching a Geiger counter responding to tremors and knowing it's going to lead to a giant volcanic eruption.

IAWTP.

Meanwhile...

Nintendo Hires Yahoo Marketing Exec, Transplants Another From Japan

dunaway_2.jpg

Seems like she is replacing either Perrin Kaplan or George Harrison (most likely the later). Poor lady...I wonder in what kind of indecent photoshop edit GAF will make her star in :( ...

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
JoshuaJSlone said:
From launch, Wii versus N64/GCN/PS1/PS2/PS3/Xbox/X360. At this point, Wii is nearly double anything else.

Well, it's all relative. Few would've thought 13 million in 10 months was undershipping, either.

Wow, just...wow.

If anyone dares to accuse Ninty of deliberately undershipping Wii again this is being quoted, twice, Wii is a monster of epic proportions.

Also, Nintendo made $1.2Billion in net profit in the quiet 6 months of the year? well in that case, the 3rd/4th quarters will be epic. Nintendo am 3rd party? more like Nintendo making MS and Sony 3rd party.

Polari

rakka said:
nowhere near as hot as perrin. :(

Get rid of those dodgy highlights, the bad cut, the power suit and slap some contacts in and you've got a marketing executive I'd like to...

Be very respectful of and not objectify.

Neomoto

More than 13 million at the end of september is incredible. And as many have pointed out this is without all their big guns (Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Kart, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Animal Crossing etc) :lol

This coming holiday will be huge and I can see Wii crushing everything (alongside DS of course), especially worldwide. Tie Ratio of the Wii is also better than I thought.

Holy crap! Here we were arguing about how Nintendo was at around 10-11 million and suddenly they've gone and jumped us (And even that evil site!) by about 3-4 million :lol

Rise to Heaven indeed!

Lobster

Banned
Polari said:
Get rid of those dodgy highlights, the bad cut, the power suit and slap some contacts in and you've got a marketing executive I'd like to...

Be very respectful of and not objectify.

She looks much older then Perrin though :\

Shiggy

It's funny that they always increase their forecasts.

Wii hardware: 14mio -> 16.5mio -> 17.5mio
Wii software: 55mio -> 72mio -> 97mio

DS hardware: 22mio -> 26mio -> 28mio
DS software: 130mio -> 140mio -> 165mio

For GCN their forecast decreased:
Software: 3.5mio -> 3.5mio -> 2.5mio

AniHawk

Shiggy said:
It's funny that they always increase their forecasts.

Wii hardware: 14mio -> 16.5mio -> 17.5mio
Wii software: 55mio -> 72mio -> 97mio

DS hardware: 22mio -> 26mio -> 28mio
DS software: 130mio -> 140mio -> 165mio

For GCN their forecast decreased:
Software: 3.5mio -> 3.5mio -> 2.5mio

So Nintendo's looking to best their GBA's 5 year total with the DS in 3.5 years, and their GC's 5 year total with the Wii in 1.5 years.

Vagabundo

Amazing number, totally expected of course.

I await a deluge of software announcements after this Christmas Season. I'm sure there are a few holdouts, waiting to see what happens.

Although all three will have a good turnout I think, even the unmentionable black box....

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Nuclear Muffin said:
Holy crap! Here we were arguing about how Nintendo was at around 10-11 million and suddenly they've gone and jumped us (And even that evil site!) by about 3-4 million :lol

Rise to Heaven indeed!

Don't forget this is only shipped/sold to retailers and not sold to consumers. I'd peg "sold" as being just under 13 million, with the demand for it in Japan slowing down in recent weeks. Of course with all the big games starting to come out everywhere for it now I'd expect that to not stay true at all...

OMFG SMASH SPOILER
KING DEDEDE, NEW CHALLENGER
Holy christ day of nintendodom.

That's great! But what's it got to do with this topic?

Vagabundo

I'd like Nintendo to spend their money on buying a dev or two, at least doing a bit of moneyhatting around.

Maybe scoop a few old PS/MS excusives, just to mess with them, y'know...

medrew

perfectchaos007 said:
Did they perhaps list their profits?

For the 6 month period they had net income of US$1.2billion. Compared to the same six month period last year which was at US$0.473billion

iidesuyo

Vagabundo said:
I await a deluge of software announcements after this Christmas Season. I'm sure there are a few holdouts, waiting to see what happens.

This depends on the performance of 3rd party titles only. If Wii sells tons of hardware but no one buys games not made by Nintendo, it won't impress any developer.

Top Bottom