• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo reveals the global sales for the mainline Pokémon DS games

Delio

Lindsay said:
And in order ta get your Pikachu taught Surf you must beat highest Round 2 cup with no rental PKMN. One of the PKMN you use must be Pikachu and it has to take part in at least one battle! Its hard but you got everything needed! After teaching your Pikachu to surf and bringing it back to Yellow you'll get ta play the funfun Pikachu's Beach mini-game!

Hopefully those won't come around any time soon. I loved Gen 3 but I think it would disappoint lotsa people if the first genuniely made for 3DS *main* PKMN game would be a 3rd version (didn't help Crystal at all) or remakes. Nopenope. Gen 6 needs ta come before R/S-makes.

They could call it Super Monster Wars! And we could not get it in the west due to licensing! ;_;

God i dont even think Gen 6 is ready though. Normally it takes like four years before we get a new gen. I dont want them rushing one out for the 3DS. I can see the remakes being the groundwork for the new engine they use then expanding on it for the Gen 6 game.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Delio said:
God i dont even think Gen 6 is ready though. Normally it takes like four years before we get a new gen. I dont want them rushing one out for the 3DS. I can see the remakes being the groundwork for the new engine they use then expanding on it for the Gen 6 game.

Ya I agree it isn't close ta being ready. They gotta milk the anime and all kinds of other stuff for a couple more years! Gen 6'll most likely arrive in 2014, 2013 if really necessary since the 4 year generational gap isn't set in stone. Still I think remakes of the least liked (;_;) games in the series would disappoint many people as the series first 3DS outing. B/W3 in 2012 & Gen 6 possibly in 2013.

The Hoenn games are still compatible with the current generations so its not like they need to be remade. Most of the PKMN that originated in them aren't that hard to come by in IV/V/Dream World anyway so there isn't much of a hole to be filled.

My dream remake of them is that they update the games time period and story to the current Poké-era. Kanto got a timeskip why not Hoenn? Neo Team Magma & Neo Team Aqua go! The landscape can remain relatively the same but with some differences caused by Ground/Kyogres appearance many years ago. Some parts of the country could be flooded while they much hated sea routes could have dried up to some extent due to drought! It'd be great!

Playing Pokemon Red as a child I would never have thought that years later I would still be playing Pokemon. Picked up a version of each generation so far and enjoyed them all in their own ways.

Pokemon design isn't that much of an issue for me, each generation has a bunch of Pokemon I love and a few I think are crap.

Kyzer

Banned
Game Freak were the first devs with kits for 3DS. I think it might be a lot closer to completion than we think. I also wouldn't be surprised if we could just use the anime to gauge the timeline of the games, since it's been rebooted. They probably work together a little more closely now in order to properly tie in games with the show to promote.

My fangasm guess is RubyRed SapphireBlue with Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, with Team Rocket being the team of focus again. Huge to say, yeah, but think about how huge games can be now for the 3DS and how hard it would be to justify a traditional remake of R/S.

More conservative prediction is Grey version with graphics overhaul to look like Pokemon Battle Revolution and thats it. =/

Dr.Hadji

Gravijah said:
Great stuff!

Thanks. Each of the 8 parts of that article series addresses a different facet of Pokemon while focusing on the design and community of 5th gen. I even interviewed popular online battlers for the final part.

Takao

Banned
Lindsay said:
They could call it Super Monster Wars! And we could not get it in the west due to licensing! ;_;

Nintendo could probably buy Medabots for less money than it takes to market a Pokemon spinoff in Japan. They might as well anyways, since the franchise outside of 1 game, and a port has always been Nintendo exclusive.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
It was the Gear Pokemon that was literally two gears slapped together that did it for me.
Then I got the one who is literally an ice-cream cone with a face.
On the verge of dismissing the whole gen altogether, I then got the Pokemon who is literally a bag of trash.
A bag of trash.
Trash!
Yeah..... No thanks!

Well, what about Muk? That's basically just a glob of crap, literally. I think Garbodor and Trubbish have some charm, personally.

Anth0ny said:
shittiest laziest=simple

simple=good

http://i55.tinypic.com/2ng66x1.png[IMG]

[spoiler]let the shit storm begin[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Holy crap that Charizard is awesome.

Makes me wish that there would be fourth evolutions for some Pokemon.

Edit-

[img]http://critical-gaming.squarespace.com/storage/thumbnails/2816191-12367097-thumbnail.jpg

This might be why I like Gen 4 so much, I hate humanoid designs, makes it feel like crappy Digimon.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Well, what about Muk? That's basically just a glob of crap, literally. I think Garbodor and Trubbish have some charm, personally.

Holy crap that Charizard is awesome.

Makes me wish that there would be fourth evolutions for some Pokemon.

Edit-

http://critical-gaming.squarespace.com/storage/thumbnails/2816191-12367097-thumbnail.jpg[/mg]

This might be why I like Gen 4 so much, I hate humanoid designs, makes it feel like crappy Digimon.[/QUOTE]

There's only [I]one[/I] Pokemon that has ever reminded me of a Digimon, and it's not a humanoid. Any guesses?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
You know me too well.

Maybe, but I only guessed because I know it too. :p

But I think the Druddigon design works because it's so ugly. Like it's on purpose.

Gravijah

I don't really dislike Druddigon, but seeing it in the wild for the first time, my first reaction was "Holy shit, that looks like a Digimon!"

Andrex said:
I think Garbodor and Trubbish have some charm, personally.

Like a lot of Gen 5 designs, I was down on them before playing the game, but they kinda grew on me after a while.

tumblr_lkp82nvJSm1qekruyo1_500.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Box of Bunnies said:
Like a lot of Gen 5 designs, I was down on them before playing the game, but they kinda grew on me after a while.

tumblr_lkp82nvJSm1qekruyo1_500.png

Reminds me of the reaction to Mijumaru/Oshawott:

4ChanUglySad01.png

Now Oshawott is very popular, and probably the strongest of the three starters.

Top Bottom