• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Strategy Briefing 2015 thread (Nintendo discusses smartphone title Miitomo)

NotLiquid

Sounds like it. Basically they're just going to try harder to get their IPs out there. I assume he means using Amiibo and smart phones is the example of aggressive marketing but only in terms of reaching out to a younger audience, perhaps the NX can be construed to be more aggressive in terms of a dedicated audience.

Sandfox

Leveraging their IP in more areas beyond their own hardware is anything but delusional.

The notion that the increased popularity of those IP will translate into dedicated hardware/software sales, however, is.

It could always have an effect on kids who are looking at consoles and see the ips they are both familiar with and enjoy, but they would need to pull off some big things for that to work. I can see the logic behind making an attempt at least.

Ōkami

21l.jpg
WiiU lineup
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival
Yokai Watch Just Dance*
Genei Ibunroku #FE*
Star Fox Zero
???
Mario Tennis
Taiko Drum Master*
Dragon Quest X*
You can read the rest

3DS lineup.

Haines

Banned
That was better than the E3 presentation in my opinion, accounts are in, new membership is in. Ambiios have sold over 21 million, Twilight Princess HD basically announced.....that might have been the best Investors meeting ever LOL.

Is the zelda cycle real or what???

Its like TP was bashed until it was the next remake due out. Now everyone is fawning over it.

Hell, i remember at friggen release people were not impressed with it.

If a TP hd release is what we are going to accept as big news,

Gross.

"Mr. Miyamoto chimes in on NX. “We are going to be far more aggressive in using our IP, and not just stop with licensing, as in the past. The first example is Amiibo. We want our IP to better reach more children, and smart devices is just one vehicle.”"

So... you DON'T want them to spread the presence of their IP and make games based on them?

Sawneeks

Banned
Ōkami;183338165 said:
WiiU lineup
Yokai Watch Just Dance*
Genei Ibunroku #FE*
Star Fox Zero
???
Mario Tennis
Taiko Drum Master*
Dragon Quest X*
You can read the rest

3DS lineup.

Either I'm way out of the loop or Terraria is new on that list.

Ōkami;183338165 said:
WiiU lineup
Yokai Watch Just Dance*
Genei Ibunroku #FE*
Star Fox Zero
???
Mario Tennis
Taiko Drum Master*
Dragon Quest X*
You can read the rest

There is no Zelda there......

macewank

It isn't much of a social app per se, think of it more like a Sims-lite kind of thing.

As far as I can tell, it's both of these things. I'm curious how well something that's ultimately a chatroom is going to be received.. Personally, I don't know why I'd download it.

Eolz

I guess you don't like the "reach more children" part?
Which is what Nintendo needs to do if they want to keep their IPs popular on the long term?

edit:

Kind of. It's pretty worrisome that they're still so focused on children. I'm pretty sure the average video game player is in their 30's. They really need to start focusing on that crowd as well.

Doing one doesn't stop from doing the other. That's what they wanted to do with GC and WiiU. But children are there to make IPs work long term. Adults are there for other reasons (at launch, online services, digital, etc). Different audiences for different goals.

Hydrus

"Mr. Miyamoto chimes in on NX. “We are going to be far more aggressive in using our IP, and not just stop with licensing, as in the past. The first example is Amiibo. We want our IP to better reach more children, and smart devices is just one vehicle.”"

So... you DON'T want them to spread the presence of their IP and make games based on them?

It's once again the focus on Kids.

Game-Biz

Its like TP was bashed until it was the next remake due out. Now everyone is fawning over it.

Gross.
TP was always great.

Tamanator

Gross.

Still not a TP fan. The only 3D Zelda I have been unable to finish. No idea why people fawn over it.

Eolz

Because forget kids right? My dude you have a squirtle avatar with sunglasses...this ain't for you?

Yeah but this squirtle is edgy with his sunglasses, and perfect for mature pokefans like myself.
edit: but seriously, answer above. They are still there thanks to kids. IF adult players wanted more they would have bought Bayo 2 and W101 for example. Or ZombiU, Madworld, No More Heroes, etc.

LOCK

I don't expect to hear any solid info about NX until the end of January next year. And they will either announce a show date or direct us to E3.

Rodin

- Nintendo Account, finally. Great. But when?

- MyNintendo sounds neat, but Club Nintendo was a better name imho. Also, march? Really?

- Miitomo is fucking trash, but people like shit like this so who knows

Now bring TP HD please

Top Bottom