• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speely

Banned
I am setting $600 aside for launch. I feel like this will be safe for a solid takeaway. Strangely, I almost feel like it won't be enough if the lineup is really good. Ugh.

Jerm411

my launch day plans:

cheapest console SKU which I'm guessing is $250
3D Mario
Pro Controller

that's all I need

With what we know (or rumored) I'm going...

Premium Switch (whatever that entails)
Mario Switch
Skyrim
Pro Controller

I'm trying to be frugal with my gaming purchases right now...saving it all for the Switch launch. 100% all in on this thing...

LordKano

Just keep in mind that each of those ports is rumoured to have a substantial amount of brand new content. Emily Rogers said half new content, half old content though I doubt that was meant literally.

It was a figure of speech, because it has both the old content from the Wii U version, and new content exclusive to the Switch version.

Anyone else think we might see a mainline Fire Emblem game show up at the January presentation, or E3?

I mean, thinking about it, Fire Emblem Fates was released back in the summer of 2015. Should be enough to at least show a teaser trailer, right? Nintendo is planning on releasing a Fire Emblem app for smart phones, and it could coincide with a real game.

LordKano

Anyone else think we might see a mainline Fire Emblem game show up at the January presentation, or E3?

I mean, thinking about it, Fire Emblem Fates was released back in the summer of 2015. Should be enough to at least show a teaser trailer, right? Nintendo is planning on releasing a Fire Emblem app for smart phones, and it could coincide with a real game.

Waaaaay too early. There was three years between Awakening and Fates, and they worked on Fates DLC after the release.

MoonFrog

my launch day plans:

3D Mario
Pro Controller

that's all I need

Yeah. Depends on the memory situation and unannounced/not rumored launch games, but I'm planning something like this at the moment. Splatoon bundle doesn't excite me tbh. I am not looking for an online shooter (same reason I never got it on Wii U despite being excited by its success and newness for Nintendo).

Zedark

my launch day plans:

3D Mario
Pro Controller

that's all I need

My plans for launch:

Cheap console SKU
3D Mario
Skyrim
Pro controller
Maybe: depending on the gameplay, I might also get the Mario x Rabbids rpg

And, if the rumours are correct, Mario Kart should come pretty soon after launch too.

Speely

Banned

I think it likely, even if it's not there at launch. It's probably safe to assume that most, if not every, mobile Nintendo game will have a Switch counterpart within a reasonable window of the mobile release.

oti

Banned
My plans for launch:

Switch bundle with Splatoon - 300€
Pro Controller - 50€
3D Mario - 50€
Rabbids RPG if it's any good - 50€

Horizon Zero Dawn for PS4 too so RIP wallet. I'm selling my old PS3 and an old laptop, maybe I'll sell my Wii U too to finance all this stuff lol. Out with the old, in with the new.

Poketune

Oh btw I don't think I ever properly introduced myself. Hey GAF, I got accepted a while ago and I'm super hyped for the Switch. Hope to get to enjoy it along with all of you wonderful people.

Zubz

Banned
They would be fools to not port Sonic Mania. Their fanbase is on Nintendo, and even Project Sonic 2017 is already announced for it.

It seems foolish, but despite its popularity, it seems to be seen as a side-project for SEGA; although the team is a legendary combo, it's effectively a newly-established C-Team (Despite being AA-level talent). They may not want to use the resources until it becomes obvious to them that Mania's going to do well (And hopefully the Switch, too!).

jonno394

For me I'm budgeting for

Switch with Splatoon
Mario Switch
Mario x Rabbids
New Nintendo IP (hopefully)
Controller

£450 is what I have for it so should cover it based on £250 for the device and £50 each for the rest of the games.

Obviously Super Mario Run will be available day one, but I wonder how aggressively Nintendo will be pursuing these smaller touch games for the Switch, and how ainviting others to pursue them as well.

Might be nice to see Dr. Mario make a comeback in this form.

Pachimari

My launch day
  • Nintendo Switch w/ Splatoon
  • Pro Controller
  • Pouch (with room for game cards and the console)
  • 3D Mario

I think it likely, even if it's not there at launch. It's probably safe to assume that most, if not every, mobile Nintendo game will have a Switch counterpart within a reasonable window of the mobile release.
I really do not think this to be the case.

That would mean a Fire Emblem for Switch next Spring which is way too soon. Same goes for Animal Crossing, unless New Leaf+ is being ported over.

Jerm411

Oh btw I don't think I ever properly introduced myself. Hey GAF, I got accepted a while ago and I'm super hyped for the Switch. Hope to get to enjoy it along with all of you wonderful people.

giphy.gif

SwitchGAF is where it's at...

Speely

Banned
I really do not this to be the case.

That would mean a Fire Emblem for Switch next Spring which is way too soon. Same goes for Animal Crossing, unless New Leaf+ is being ported over.

You may be right. I am probably just projecting what I think to be a good co-release strategy (between mobile and console) onto the reality of the release schedule.

Plum

My launch plans:
Premium Console w/Splatoon
Pro controller
3D Mario
Skyrim

Which, if the console is £250 and the other three are £50 (though this price for Skyrim is doubtful), should put me back £400. The Rabbids game might be good but I can wait and see for that one, Skyrim is old but I haven't touched it in years so it'll be new for me. Of course my plans will change depending on what new is revealed at the January event.

Can't wait. This is the first console launch ever where I have my own money. Tempted to put up with the higher prices of GAME just so I can go to the midnight release. Not having to wait until my Birthday or Christmas makes me so hype.

LordKano

When was that first Fates trailer relative to Awakening?

Fates was announced in January 2015, and Awakening was back in the pre-TGS 2011 conference. Four years between them, but it shouldn't take as long this time (as the production on Fire Emblem must have doubled down now). But don't expect anything this january.

MoonFrog

FEA came out in May of 2012 I believe. Fate's first trailer was back in January 2015.

Fates was announced in January 2015, and Awakening was back in the pre-TGS 2011 conference. Four years between them, but it shouldn't take as long this time (as the production on Fire Emblem must have doubled down now). But don't expect anything this january.
Okay. Unless it's fast tracked then or a super early trailer, January 2017 seems too early. I was thinking the trailer was further back for some reason.

-shadow-

Launch plans because why not:

- Premium model with rumoured Splatoon
- Pro Controller
- 3D Mario
- 128GB SD micro Card
- maybe an interesting third party game

Tregard

Soothsayer
Muh launch day currently:

• Switch premium w. Splatoon
  • Super Mario Switchboard
  • Pro Controller
  • Decently sized MicroSD card
  • Carry Case
  • 2 other launch games (Mario Kart & a 3rd party title)

Aiming to spend £450

Plum

Why are you making launch day plans when we have nothing but a few rumors lol.

It's fun in a weird sort of way.

My plans won't change all that much even if all the rumours are false anyway. The premium SKU, a pro controller and two games is what I'm getting no matter what.

oti

Banned
Why are you making launch day plans when we have nothing but a few rumors lol.

With that many leaks the only question marks left for launch are Retro's game, the new IP and whether 3rd party games such as Mario X Rabbids will be any good or not.

And we haven't had a new leak for like a full day! :O

PANIC!!!!

I just played a few levels of Yoshi's Woolly World, and it reminds me, whats Good-Feel been up to, anyway?

YWW came out back in June 2015. Now, unlike someone like Monolith Soft, Good-Feel's games tend to be smaller scale affairs. How long do their games take to make? I remember Woolly World was announced back in January 2013, literally over two years before it actually came out, but that was probably just because Nintendo desperately needed something to show off in their emergency Direct there, sort of like SMT X FE (which came out as Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE).

Do we know who's handling the 3DS port?

LordKano

I just played a few levels of Yoshi's Woolly World, and it reminds me, whats Good-Feel been up to, anyway?

YWW came out back in June 2015. Now, unlike someone like Monolith Soft, Good-Feel's games tend to be smaller scale affairs. How long do their games take to make? I remember Woolly World was announced back in January 2013, literally over two years before it actually came out, but that was probably just because Nintendo desperately needed something to show off in their emergency Direct there, sort of like SMT X FE (which came out as Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE).

Do we know who's handling the 3DS port?

They take long ass times, Yoshi's Wooly World took them five years or something like that.

jTlqkNv.png

What third party games you would buy if they announce it for Nintendo Switch?

Thanks, BDGAME.

Persona 5
Final Fantasy 15
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
Sonic Mania
Disgaea HD
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Vesperia (following Abyss 3DS)
Tales of Graces f (Wii owners in the west kind of missed out AHEM)
Tekken 7
Atelier (any)
Ninokuni 2
God Eater 3

You did ask sooo... :p

Edit: Only listed ones not that much of a given (Sonic Mania is the most likely, but the lack of announcement when we had 2017 announced is concerning). It's why I didn't say BG&E2 (Nintendo-funded) or Monster Hunter 5 (I would think this is obviously happening) for instance.

Oregano

Good-Feel have also made four Streetpass games(the best ones arguably) and helped with Mario and Luigi: Dream Team this generation.

Good-Feel have also made four Streetpass games(the best ones arguably) and helped with Mario and Luigi: Dream Team this generation.

Yeah, and I'm certain they're on YWW 3DS because of their 3DS experience.

I'm sure they're cooking up something neat for Switch, but it might be a bit before we see it.

Bowl0l

Buying a Switch for Pokemon (double dip on eshop and physical).
I hope Nintendo accepts credit card from outside US and have 2FA but it probably won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom