• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in time for the Sega revival poll to come in: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225035106&postcount=415

I hope Nintendo can fund Sega to make another Sakura Wars or Virtual On. Both of them have lots of fans in Japan, so they can surely further strengthen Switch's foundation there. Besides, I hope that by modernizing the two titles with Nintendo's help, they can become more appealing to the western audience.

Overall, these two series deserve another chance, instead of being buried in the ruin of Dreamcast.

Griss

jTlqkNv.png

What third party games you would buy if they announce it for Nintendo Switch?

Thanks, BDGAME.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2017. Having that on the go or lying in bed would be incredible.

Mostly, though, I'm the classic 'only buys Nintendo games' Nintendo fan. I'd say between the 3DS and Wii U I've bought about 70 games. Maybe 10 weren't published by Nintendo.

jnWake

I'd buy FIFA, Rayman games, Skyrim, Final Fantasy stuff, Dragon Quest stuff, Mega Man... Maybe others but those come to mind quickly.

Malyse

jTlqkNv.png

Thanks, BDGAME.

A partial list

Senran Kagura 3
Project X Zone 3
Disney Magical World 3
Azure Striker Gunvolt 3
Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
Shin Megami Tensei 5
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 3
Bravely Third
Sigma Star Saga 2
No More Heroes 3
Fragile Dreams 2
MadWorld 2
Bayonetta 3
Baten Kaitos 3
Skies of Arcadia 2
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Xenosaga Episode 4
P.N.03 sequel
Puyo Puyo Chronicle 2
Mega Man X9
Mega Man Legends 3
Shadowrun sequel
Final Fantasy Tactics A3
Panzer Dragoon Saga 2
Klonoa 3
Sonic RPG 2
Boktai 4
Lunar Knights 2
Any Dept Heaven game
NiGHTS 2
Deus Ex
Mass Effect Andromeda
Valkyrie Profile 4
The World Ends With You 2
Code of Princess 2
Fairune 3
Dragon Ball Fusions 2
Dragon Ball Xenoverse 3
Hyper Light Drifter 2
Super Shovel Knight
Indivisible
Pyre

And the standbys like FF, KH, DQ, etc

In the case of Mario Kart 8, NateDrake has mentioned that he's heard that it will have 16 additional tracks. Although he's unsure if they're all completely new tracks to the series or a mix of remakes and new tracks.
All MK8 games have half remade courses and half new so I guess that's what they'd do.
Would be as much content as the extensive DLC. If someone didn't get the DLC then or no MK8 at all then that's a pretty amazing package

I have to say, it's a bit odd how much info we've gotten with Splatoon and Mario Kart, while as far as Smash is concerned, we only know that it has all the DLC and it's not coming at launch.

Wonder if its in far tighter wraps than the other ports. NateDrake said he hasn't heard much about it.

Neoxon

I have to say, it's a bit odd how much info we've gotten with Splatoon and Mario Kart, while as far as Smash is concerned, we only know that it has all the DLC and it's not coming at launch.

Wonder if its in far tighter wraps than the other ports. NateDrake said he hasn't heard much about it.
I guess Sakurai (if he's involved with the Switch port) & Bandai Namco have been doing a better job of keeping a lid on major Smash leaks, lately.

MAtgS

jTlqkNv.png

Thanks, BDGAME.

Insert allofthem.gif here. Well ok, if I have to give specific examples:

-Kingdom Hearts 3+HD collections (at this point I'd probably triple dip on KH3 for all 3 platforms if it happened)
-Dissidia
-FF7R (debut did say "play it 1st on PS4" Not exclusively)
-Persona 5
-Some token CoD for the occasional team deathmatch
-Skylanders 2017 (since Bowser & DK have basically locked me to Nintendo platforms for this series)
-The next LEGO game
-Sonic 2017
-WWE 2K18 (unless gimped compared to other versions)
-Injustice 2

Basically on general principal the Switch is a more appealing platform to me due to versatility & I can live with 720p just fine. However, 3rd party games can still be lacking on Switch compared to PS4/XB1 in other areas such as no DLC (so common on Wii U), Skyrim not having mod support, Toys-to-life games not being portable friendly (Lego Dimensions is particularly problematic), or games like Destiny that require constant online not being playable if the tablet mode isn't near any free wi-fi. So it'll become a case by case judgement call.

Coreda

Is there any info on whether the Switch will be an internet-connected device while in its portable mode? Wondering if there's a possibility of online multiplayer. From the commercial it demonstrates local multiplayer exclusively.

MoonFrog

Is there any info on whether the Switch will be an internet-connected device while in its portable mode? Wondering if there's a possibility of online multiplayer. From the commercial it demonstrates local multiplayer exclusively.
What was going on with Splatoon in the teaser? Fighting each other or online together?

Roo

In the case of Mario Kart 8, NateDrake has mentioned that he's heard that it will have 16 additional tracks. Although he's unsure if they're all completely new tracks to the series or a mix of remakes and new tracks.

I'm pretty sure will get a mix of both new and retro tracks.
The DLC for the Wii U version had 9 new and 7 retro tracks.
If they do an even number this time around is anyone's guess but we're definitely getting both.

BDGAME

jTlqkNv.png

Thanks, BDGAME.

Thank you.

Now, the games I would buy:
- Doom
- Final Fantasy XV or VII
- Street Figth V
- Star Wars battlefront
- Yooka-Laylee

Not lots of games, but, right now, I don't have time to play much. And, playing outside my house can increase the amount of games I can play.

Oddduck

It's probably because Bandai Namco is developing it instead of Nintendo themselves.

The DS and 3DS are (well the DS was), so I don't see why this would change.

MoonFrog

I was under the impression they were playing with each other. Were they meant to be playing with others remotely?
I'm not sure. I've never played Splatoon but I thought it was an online game rather than a local multiplayer game. This could be a new mode though.

Pandy

I'm not sure. I've never played Splatoon but I thought it was an online game rather than a local multiplayer game. This could be a new mode though.
Based on Splatoon for WiiU, for them to be running the map as a team they'd have to have been playing online as a group of 4 against 4 others. You can link local p2p for tournaments, I believe, but it still has to connect online to sync, and it wouldn't work with only 4 of them.

Based on Splatoon Switched being a new version, and the actors not actually doing any real gaming in the advert, in reality it means nothing.

jTlqkNv.png

Thanks, BDGAME.

Assuming this specifically refers to multiplat games, and that said multiplat ports have feature parity with other systems...

It's going to be on a game by game basis, but I think as a general rule any game that isn't a shooter will probably end up being a Switch purchase for me. I like the flexibility of the hybrid concept, and I'm willing to put up with somewhat reduced graphical fidelity in exchange for portability.

As for third party exclusives like Monster Hubter inevitably will be... well, where else am I going to buy them? :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh btw I don't think I ever properly introduced myself. Hey GAF, I got accepted a while ago and I'm super hyped for the Switch. Hope to get to enjoy it along with all of you wonderful people.

Welcome to NeoGAF and SwitchGAF :D

All MK8 games have half remade courses and half new so I guess that's what they'd do.
Would be as much content as the extensive DLC. If someone didn't get the DLC then or no MK8 at all then that's a pretty amazing package

What if we're going to get 16 new tracks, which would based on 8 new Mushroom Kingdom tracks and 8 new Nintendo Universe tracks? I know it's unlikely but who knows! :)

I wonder same thing about that but I presumed that the leaks probably came from Europe. I guess the games are being localized by the team(s) or the studio at the moment so that would explains about some leaks out there. Unless the informations we had right now might be wrong after all! ;P

dano1

A Sheep
jTlqkNv.png

Thanks, BDGAME.

Since I have a PS Pro. Nothing.

And that has been the problem with Nintendo. All 3rd party games have been lower quality since SNES.

It's a one trick pony. Fortunately they have great ponies.
But it will never sell close to Sony or Microsoft.

And that has been the problem with Nintendo. All 3rd party games have been lower quality since SNES.

3DS has lots of great third party games. Many of them are both high quality and have great sales record.

And please leave those console warrior things outside this thread.

Oh, look who came back.

Speely

Banned

I am really curious about the full functionality of the device. Ostensibly, there is still something (or things) we don't know in regard to its features. SCD? Streaming innovation? Holographic waifus?

Javier

January feels so far away. It's only half past November.

MZtgsWt.png

On the 3rd party topic, I wouldn't necessarily buy, but I would consider anything of the following franchises:

- Street Fighter
- Final Fantasy (Mainline)
- Theathrhythm
- Rayman
- Sonic
- Just Dance
- Capcom Vs.
- Shantae
- Senran Kagura
- Danganronpa
- Zero Escape
- Harvest Moon
- Persona
- Devil Survivor

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/795038382560776192
https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/795048670903275520

As I said elsewhere, I highly doubt she meant that literally but there's going to be a substantial amount of new content.

Ah thanks for finding it, I'm on mobile so I was having trouble searching for it.

And yeah, I doubt she literally means 50% old content 50% new content but the bottom line is people should expect these games to be quite expanded over the Wii U versions + DLC. So definitely worth getting even if you own the Wii U versions.

I do wonder that if on top of the new content the games will also look better too.
With ~3x the usable RAM and a more modern architecture I'd hope so.
MK8 could use some AA or better yet running at a higher resolution. Both Splatoon and MK8 run really well at 60fps, though there was a microstutter that I couldn't notice but apparently was there.

Said this in the Rabbids thread, but why don't we just do a Kid Icarus and DOOM crossover? They're both shooter games where you circle strafe around enemies that come from hell (The Underworld in Kid Icarus's case).

Imagine the Doom Slayer brutally ripping out an Eggplant Wizard's eyeball during a glory kill.

i'm not serious about any of this if you couldn't tell lol

jnWake

We didn't get many "insider" leaks for Smash 4 either. In fact, we only got one: the infamous Gematsu leak that had a bit of wrong information.

All the other Smash 4 leaks weren't "insider" leaks. The roster leaked through ESRB (won't happen again) and Ryu got leaked because Nintendo had some leftover files in one update (can't happen now).

It seems the Smash 4 team is just good at keeping secrets. Don't forget that they managed to keep Cloud and Bayonetta a secret.

Speely

Banned
We didn't get many "insider" leaks for Smash 4 either. In fact, we only got one: the infamous Gematsu leak that had a bit of wrong information.

All the other Smash 4 leaks weren't "insider" leaks. The roster leaked through ESRB (won't happen again) and Ryu got leaked because Nintendo had some leftover files in one update (can't happen now).

It seems the Smash 4 team is just good at keeping secrets. Don't forget that they managed to keep Cloud and Bayonetta a secret.

I wonder how much this can be attributed to how closely Sakurai lords over many aspects of Smash development?

Buying a Switch for Pokemon (double dip on eshop and physical).
I hope Nintendo accepts credit card from outside US and have 2FA but it probably won't happen.

The US eShop does not accept International cards but the Canadian one does. If things continue as they are, you'll have to create a Canadian account and system location in order to purchase games. I've been doing this for both 3DS and Wii U since the eShop began.

Jerm411

One thing I'm really curious to see is if Nintendo can land a big indie game, ala Undertale, that hasn't made its way to either PS4 or XB1 yet...

Speely

Banned
One thing I'm really curious to see is if Nintendo can land a big indie game, ala Undertale, that hasn't made its way to either PS4 or XB1 yet...

I am very interested in seeing how indies take to the Switch and how much Nintendo actually courts them.

The hopeful part of me thinks that the "reboot" spirit will carry over into indie game facilitation, especially since the Switch will be a device one can take anywhere. It would make a lot of sense, imo, given how much mindshare breakout indie games can command these days.

Wasn't Nintendo pretty popular with indies anyway despite the low power of the 3DS and install base of the Wii U? I'm expecting that relationship to continue.

MoonFrog

kw1uISo.png

What crossover(s) would you like to see from Nintendo with another company?
I'm not too big on crossovers, tbh.

Well, I would like another go at SMTxFE, tbh or just some Atlus developed FE standard JRPG. Less idols, more Tellius/Jugdral, fun Atlus turn-based system, etc. TMS was already a great game despite its less than stellar crossover, its idol coating, and late game stagnation.

I'd also really like a DQ character in Smash. Maybe a Metal King Slime :p. Cloud was cool, but DQ is more Nintendo than FF these days (to me at any rate) and Cloud is less Nintendo FF than, say, Cecil, Kain, Terra, Celes, etc. Also, give me Frog in Smash, please. (In general Smash should be more SNES oriented :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom