• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: Features Confirmed/Debunked via FCC Documents. 5Ghz Wifi, No 3G/LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this comes from Reddit.

Bluetooth Confirmed In FCC (Federal Communications Commission) documents, the Switch is referred to as being able to use Bluetooth wireless communications. This is found on page 5 of this document under Radio Specification>Frequency of Operation and Radio Specification>Modulation. This may not mean that the Switch has Bluetooth headphone support, as it may be simply for the controllers.

Temperatures of Operation In addition to the Bluetooth functionality, the Switch has been tested in and confirmed to work in temperatures of 5 degrees Celsius (41 degrees Fahrenheit) to 35 degrees C (95 degrees F). This information was also found on page 5 of the same document.

No 3G or LTE Support On page 6 of the the same document as the first, I have found that the Switch did not undergo tests for 3G and LTE connections, so the rumors and speculation of 3G and LTE models of the Switch seem to have been deconfirmed.

Additional documents about the Switch can be found at this web address. Please tell me anything else you found in these documents! I'm still skimming them, as well.

Edit 1: /u/MakeTheSwitch noted that the Switch can handle 5Ghz WiFi. Thanks!

Edit 2: Page 10 of this document has more information about the Switch's Bluetooth capabilities. You can find it under Section 5: Operation of E.U.T. during Testing>5.2 Configuration and Peripherals. Make of it what you will.

Edit 3: I've looked through all the documents from the FCC that I listed. I've posted everything significant that I found so far that I found. Comment if you find anything that I missed, and I'll add it to the post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...med_for_the/?sort=new&st=ix8l5l8f&sh=70309e49

It's interesting to see that Switch supports 5Ghz Wifi

Lock if old.

Is it possible to provide LTE with some kind of adapter? Just thinking that having it built in would contradict the home console angle and increase cost.

_PsiFire_

Really, why does it need LTE?

Majority of people who will get a Switch will probably have a smart phone.. Smart phones have allowed devices to piggy back data for years so why pay for services on another SIM?

Just have your device hot spot.

Is it possible to provide LTE with some kind of adapter? Just thinking that having it built in would contradict the home console angle and increase cost.

Use your cell phone as a mobile hotspot. This is what I used to do with my vita and 3ds. Vita remote play was ok running off the hotspot but not perfect.

Majority of people who will get a Switch will probably have a smart phone.. Smart phones have allowed devices to piggy back data for years so why pay for services on another SIM?

1. Personal hotspot is restricted in a lot of carriers across the world.
2. It destroys phone battery life usually.
3. My provider let's you get add on Sims that use data from the same monthly allowance without an extra charge.

It's just an extra step and uses up my phone battery. Tmobile gives me a free 6gb mobile internet line so it would have been nice to use a sim directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom