• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

RootCause

Im in the 8 o'clock bullshit boat with yall.

Funny enough I got Nioh delivered today though I ordered it February 8th.

Prime member too.

Amazon has gone to absolute shit.
Think I'd rather be on that boat. :p

Horizon was supposed to be my back up plan. But amazon delayed that to next week.

So here's how things have gone for me. My roommate and I both preordered from Amazon, have heard absolutely nothing. So I got one from Target this morning luckily. Not sure what will happen with the Amazon one. My roommate had another one on GameStop that he's being charged for but GameStop won't acknowledge the order exists for some reason but yet he's still being charged on Paypal.

Lesson learned, never do online preorders for a game console again.

ctfg23

I've ordered same day delivery many times before and they've never shipped this late. I doubt any of us are getting it today.

lutheran

Anyone who was told it is coming today by 8pm, that it will be same day delivered, that it is on the truck and going to be heading out to you, FORGET IT. I just talked to someone at Amazon and they are now telling everyone that the consoles were delayed getting to them and I will not be getting my shipment by 8pm and she doesn't know when I will be getting it.

What a complete cluster fuck. I told her (she sounded like a hot chick by the way so that neutered my anger a bit as I am a sucker) to tell all her associates that people online are LIVID and will never be using this release day feature again and people are closing their prime accounts lol she just laughed and said it really wasn't all their fault which we know Nintendo sucks with releasing consoles but she gets it. Anyway what a waste of time waiting around, I even told the chat guy I was waiting for the box to then go on vacation and he was like OK NO WORRIES MR ANTHONY..YOU WILL DEFINITELY HAVE IT. All lies my friends, all lies.

RootCause

Got 4 emails from amazon. Turned out to be a credit for another failure on their end. I was credited for the 20% discount on the zelda amiibo they didn't apply.

Anyone who was told it is coming today by 8pm, that it will be same day delivered, that it is on the truck and going to be heading out to you, FORGET IT. I just talked to someone at Amazon and they are now telling everyone that the consoles were delayed getting to them and I will not be getting my shipment by 8pm and she doesn't know when I will be getting it.

What a complete cluster fuck. I told her, she sounded like a hot chick by the way so that neutered my anger a bit as I am a sucker but I told her to tell all her associates that people online are LIVID and will never be using this release day feature again and people are closing their prime accounts lol she just laughed and said it really wasn't all their fault which we know Nintendo sucks with releasing consoles but she gets it. Anyway what a waste of time waiting around, I even told the chat guy I was waiting for the box to then go on vacation and he was like OK NO WORRIES MR ANTHONY..YOU WILL DEFINITELY HAVE IT. All lies my friends, all lies.
Wut

So here's how things have gone for me. My roommate and I both preordered from Amazon, have heard absolutely nothing. So I got one from Target this morning luckily. Not sure what will happen with the Amazon one. My roommate had another one on GameStop that he's being charged for but GameStop won't acknowledge the order exists for some reason but yet he's still being charged on Paypal.

Lesson learned, never do online preorders for a game console again.

Honestly, only ever had this issue with this console. Didn't have it with any of the other internet pre-orders I've placed in the past.

Erv

My tracking says Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item....What is a shipping partner? Some third party company?

What a complete cluster fuck. I told her, she sounded like a hot chick by the way so that neutered my anger a bit as I am a sucker but I told her to tell all her associates that people online are LIVID and will never be using this release day feature again and people are closing their prime accounts lol she just laughed and said it really wasn't all their fault which we know Nintendo sucks with releasing consoles but she gets it. Anyway what a waste of time waiting around, I even told the chat guy I was waiting for the box to then go on vacation and he was like OK NO WORRIES MR ANTHONY..YOU WILL DEFINITELY HAVE IT. All lies my friends, all lies.

Even if Nintendo fucked up. Amazon should not keep promising 8PM Today if they knew this shit was going to be delayed getting to them they fuck us over we could have had other options if they did not create the false sense that they are on track to deliver.

I could have made a midnight launch or got to my Target which I was told was not sold out of hardware until 11am this morning so I could have gotten one if I knew of a delay.

Yeah I'm not preordering from Amazon ever again after this fiasco. I don't take well to having 2-3 employees lie to me about my product actually being shipped. I was fine with it not getting here on time but this is ridiculous behavior. Beyond frustrated.

Vidiot

Got my master edition from amazon about 2 hours ago. It came ups. My system and zelda amiibo however are coming via shitty amzl. I hate when they use that service. :/ It's always late or the next day even. Sigh

Got

Banned

What a complete cluster fuck. I told her (she sounded like a hot chick by the way so that neutered my anger a bit as I am a sucker) to tell all her associates that people online are LIVID and will never be using this release day feature again and people are closing their prime accounts lol she just laughed and said it really wasn't all their fault which we know Nintendo sucks with releasing consoles but she gets it. Anyway what a waste of time waiting around, I even told the chat guy I was waiting for the box to then go on vacation and he was like OK NO WORRIES MR ANTHONY..YOU WILL DEFINITELY HAVE IT. All lies my friends, all lies.

you're an interesting fella

tribal24

Banned
Even if Nintendo fucked up. Amazon should not keep promising 8PM Today if they knew this shit was going to be delayed getting to them they fuck us over we could have had other options if they did not create the false sense that they are on track to deliver.

I could have made a midnight launch or got to my Target which I was told was not sold out of hardware until 11am this morning so I could have gotten one if I knew of a delay.

thats exactly the point they should have sent a email and communicated it. They took the opportunity away to get it somewhere else for people.

Yokai

So Amazon has completely fucked me over on this.

I spent an hour on customer service today trying to figure out what the hell was going on with our shipment only to hear that they don't know where my order is currently in the shipping phase. When I pressed them for more details, they seemed to imply that they didn't even have a product for me and that they are currently out of stock for a product that I preordered all the way back in January. When I asked what they were going to do about this, they said they would ship it 'the moment it comes in stock', without acknowledging the fact that they had a couple months to prepare my reservation.

I'm calling back right now because I had to hang up earlier in the middle of the call. This shit is ridiculous. How is it that Amazon continues to say this is going to be delivered to me by today when it they don't even seem to know what is going on with my package?

Zarth

Still says its coming today at 8PM from Amazon. No movement in shipping.

Asked again in chat now they're telling me that it is coming Saturday the 4th.

Their CSR manager refused to give me anything but a promotional month of Prime so as soon as I get the package I will be Chargebacking Prime due to 4 late deliveries in 2 months along with sending them transcripts of the Amazon CS feeding me bullshit that my package was on its way out the door earlier.

I am done with Amazon. I am taking my business elsewhere.

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
In Los Angeles, still says Shipping Now. Charged the other day. No tracking yet/preparing order. I have had same day deliveries not ship until 2PM, so not too worried, still the lack of knowing is annoying.

Called on the phone and a lady in severe broken english tried to tell me "we fulfilment will get your order" when I asked if I will get it today. Great job.

I'm not in a huge rush, but would love to have it before I leave next friday. Hell, tell me i'll get it Wednesday, Amazon, better than ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

Edit: removed Target in stock sentance, apparently they just didn't update the availiable in store online :/

Zarth

In Los Angeles, still says Shipping Now. Charged the other day. No tracking yet/preparing order. I have had same day deliveries not ship until 2PM, so not too worried, still the lack of knowing is annoying.

Called on the phone and a lady in severe broken english tried to tell me "we fulfilment will get your order" when I asked if I will get it today. Great job.

I'm not in a huge rush, but would love to have it before I leave next Friday. Looking online, Target has some in stock supposedly, so I might go there after 8PM if my release date delivery falls through and just refuse delivery, or Amazon actually provides a concrete date for me. Hell, tell me i'll get it Wednesday, Amazon, better than ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

I'm in LA too and I guarantee you, you're not getting it today if you don't have tracking info yet.

Marjorine

Mine has been out for delivery since 8 am.

Amazon used to ship everything to me ups, now it's usps.

It's a joke. The only saving grace is the mail man hasn't been here yet and we tend to to get mail or deliveries from usps around 6ish, so I suppose I'll get it eventually. But this is ridiculous.

I'm in LA too and I guarantee you, you're not getting it today if you don't have tracking info yet.

I'm in LA as well. Amazon changed to Shipping Now a few minutes ago. Still showing it as delivered by 8pm tonight. Either they're going to be using a courier service or they're a bunch of fucking liars.

Appleman

I'm in LA as well. Amazon changed to Shipping Now a few minutes ago. Still showing it as delivered by 8pm tonight. Either they're going to be using a courier service or they're a bunch of fucking liars.

Pretty sure they're fucking liars and it's stuck in the system. Probably just going to cave and craigslist one when I'm off work. Fuck this.

co1onel

Stopped by Walmart. As I thought, brickseeker is not at all accurate and any switch's were long gone. They had tons of copies of BoTW though, so I got that and now just to wait for Walmart to actually ship my switch.

AppleBlade

Contacted Amazon and they said it will arrive tomorrow and they also refunded me $20. I would've still preferred my Switch over the $20 but it definitely softens the blow. That's basically like giving me Snipperclips or Fast RMX for free. I'll take it.

Just talked with Amazon CS and they've confirmed my order is essentially lost...

Just put in a request for cancellation
preorder canceled!

Checking out a nearby Target...*sigh*

Yokai

Just talked with Amazon CS and they've confirmed my order is essentially lost...

preorder canceled!

Same happened to me, I just posted a page back. Calling back didn't do much for me, I didn't get any answers.

I checked local stores, nobody has them. This really blows. I feel your pain, brudda.

Kildrek

Best Buy no tracking number, still processing.

Call best buy at 7pm EST, am told that there's a chance they will deliver it later and to call back at 9pm. I say, "Well, they stop here at 6pm, its 7pm and you don't even have a tracking number. A miracle is not about to happen here, so please stop trying to brush off my concern and rectify this issue". Nah...call back at 9pm, cant do anything for you.

Wow.

dafodeu

I can't even put into words about Amazon's customer service right now. My item still hasn't shipped its 7:25pm and I'm on chat and he said it is coming today or tomorrow at the latest. I know it's not coming today as UPS delivered my pro controller from best buy at 3pm. And I doubt it will come tomorrow.

I complained about being charged 2 days ago when the item wasn't even shipping and he said "You have not been charged" but I am looking at my Bank account and I was charged $325 dollars and not a pending charge either a charge that went in fully to my personal bank account. Do they just make stuff up at Amazon customer service? I really Can't believe this at all.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...th-game-launch-day-nintendo-switch-deliveries

The link says many retailers are having trouble keeping up with demand. WTF, these are preorders. As in, they knew how many orders they had.

As for mine, it's in the black hole of packages known as Robbinsville, NJ. However, Amazon still says "Shipping today." Talked to two Amazon people today and they can't tell me what's going on. Asked to speak to a supervisor, and they said they'd have to call me back in an hour. Fucking hell.

I'm not even mad I don't have it today, it's the fact that no one knows where the fuck it is. And Amazon has been kind of shitty lately with other deliveries for me. Should've just walked into a store today and bought one.

Zarth

I have reached out to Capital One via twitter. I am now on the phone with a manager at Capital One who will be directly reaching out to Amazon's Billing Dept to find out what is happening.

I'll post if I hear anything back.

Kildrek

My mind keeps replaying that episode of Seinfeld about the car reservation "Anyone can take a reservation, but the important part is holding onto it"

Like, you KNEW these were orders. You charged people for these orders. And now you're like "well shit...people actually want something when you take their money?! Madness".

I used to work customer service so while it is very hard for me to not lose my shit on the phone about this stuff, I keep remembering when I would take irate customer calls.

preorder canceled!

Same happened to me, I just posted a page back. Calling back didn't do much for me, I didn't get any answers.

I checked local stores, nobody has them. This really blows. I feel your pain, brudda.

Holy shit. I don't even know what to say to this. Is Amazon even aware that this is happening?

Since who knows when my Amazon switch will get here, I had the smart idea to look on craigslist. Looked, and went ahead and bought it again. Obviously going to be selling the other switch whenever it gets here smh. Time to dig in though! :D. Willfully you all get yours soon

RootCause

preorder canceled!

I have a feeling the same thing happened to me. I'll contact the tomorrow. I think I'm done refreshing for the day.

Erv

I'm supposed to get mine tommow but the USPS tracking doesn't show that. Why do I feel like Amazon is lying to save face. Anyone know?

lutheran

Well even though my Amazon account is still telling me it will be here by 8pm (it is 7:35 and no email from them saying it is on it's way or with a tracking number and a live person already told me it isn't coming) I signed up for one month of Humble Bundle monthly for 12 bucks and you get The Witness for free. I also just ordered the digital version of Horizon Zero Dawn and that is downloading as well. I guess Nintendo and Amazon don't want me to play Zelda any time soon even though I ordered it literally 1 minute after it became available in January. Amazon has some nerve to sell the damn console TODAY on Prime now whilst not filling the pre-orders first.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
We should really forward this thread and the "screwed me" thread to Amazon/other retailers, along to Nintendo. Maybe some rep will take notice on our problematic orders :/

I don't know if this was posted yet, but there's this article about it here on Kotaku

Who do we spam about this? None of the reps will help and even the Amazon Help twitter account just tells people to wait until 8PM, and then to wait until Saturday. If my order doesn't exist, I should probably know this.

PsychBat!

Banned
Still at work but my Amazon page says that my Switch should arrive by 8pm tonight.....and that it hasn't yet shipped. What the fuck? Is anyone else getting this message?

Yup. I called customer service and I'm getting mine next week. But it was supposed to arrive today by 8 PM.

ZB7tigQ.gif

Top Bottom