• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Treehouse: Live presentation on 8/25 at 9:30am PT featuring 3 segments announced

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Oh man I can't wait to see which parts of Harvestella they have removed in localisation because it might trigger an abuse victims somewhere who doesn't play games.

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Me: Goldeneye?

GAF:
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Kiraly

Oh man I can't wait to see which parts of Harvestella they have removed in localisation because it might trigger an abuse victims somewhere who doesn't play games.
Funny enough you're getting triggered about some random game you know nothing about.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Funny enough you're getting triggered about some random game you know nothing about.

Oh man if only I haven't been watching this thing since its announced after enjoying of Sakuna of Rice & Ruin (although that's less of an RPG) and the Rune Factory series.

It really looks like GUST game rather than something Square would put out...

In interested but feel like it's an unknown quantity, il wait for reviews.

Like this post I made when I became aware of it and kept tabs on to see if it's any good.

Now if you have a reason to believe that Treehouse that changed characters and dialog in Fire Emblem to be unrecognisable and NO PETTING ALLOWED! Changed chapter 2 completely of Tokoyo Mirage Session and stopped the DLC releasing in the west, and worst of all... removed the boob slider from Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to do a good job, lets hear it. However I can assume somethings going to go wrong based on the past history of a localisation team, its like any game released by NIS America...

Bonus image of all the games talked about including the 3 tree house releases.

iBqfVSv.jpg

Give me back my boob slider.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Oh man if only I haven't been watching this thing since its announced after enjoying of Sakuna of Rice & Ruin (although that's less of an RPG) and the Rune Factory series.

Like this post I made when I became aware of it and kept tabs on to see if it's any good.

Now if you have a reason to believe that Treehouse that changed characters and dialog in Fire Emblem to be unrecognisable and NO PETTING ALLOWED! Changed chapter 2 completely of Tokoyo Mirage Session and stopped the DLC releasing in the west, and worst of all... removed the boob slider from Xenoblade Chronicles X is going to do a good job, lets hear it. However I can assume somethings going to go wrong based on the past history of a localisation team, its like any game released by NIS America...

Bonus image of all the games talked about including the 3 tree house releases.

iBqfVSv.jpg

Give me back my boob slider.

I wish i had the money to buy such cool editions

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I wish i had the money to buy such cool editions

Iv started to cut back becauee I'm running out of space recently, but ones which really take my fancy I still try and nab... no Soul Hacker 2 CE for the EU though :(

Or Harvestella either funnly enough.

Last edited:
Don't need to see any more Splatoon. Excited for Harvestella!!

Still think there will for sure be a usual September Direct to fill out the rest of year.

theclaw135

Banned
Don't need to see any more Splatoon. Excited for Harvestella!!

Still think there will for sure be a usual September Direct to fill out the rest of year.

The gap is missing something. The major window of October and November has no slated games *internally* developed by Nintendo.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
What do you mean?

Nintendo Treehouse have in all of their recent JRPG releases changed or removed content from the western versions of a title, in the cases of fire Emblem they didn't even try to translate and take characters across they just rewrote people and created their own characters instead, for example.

c792Ohc.png

Why have characters when both of them are ninjas so they don't say anything lololololol arnt we good at getting the scenes intent across? Also a minigame where you can pet people in the face to raise affinity? REMOVED!!! What if that triggers an abuse victim? Can't have that it's gone.

Or the fact that Nintendo was so embarrassed in Japan when they found out that the Switch re-release of Tokoyo Mirage Session was going to be based on the western release and therefore contain less content (it could not contain the DLC as treehouse made the call that Hotsprings part was too risky for the Puritan west) that they had to release a public apology, which resulted in the Wii U version of the game then topping Japanese sale charts on Amazon as fans scrambled to get a hold of the none censored Japanese version in their home country. The game also has heavy plot changes and costume changes throughout with things like black smoke added in CGI cutscenes in an attempt to hide cleavage and again heavy rewriting of a scenes intent not translation.

Xenoblade Cronicles X... THEY REMOVED THE BOOB SLIDER! why even play the game at that point?

So... when treehouse is involved with any game that's heavy on plot or story, I worry because they make it their mission to insert themselves and rewrite rather than translate. Now that I know they are involved I'm just waiting to see how they can try and ruin this title as well.

Last edited:

Woopah

The gap is missing something. The major window of October and November has no slated games *internally* developed by Nintendo.
I don't think Nintendo bases there release schedule on what is developed "internally". In Jan to March this year there was nothing from internal teams.

As long as there is something Nintendo published there is no "gap".

That's not to say they can't announce more 2022 games of course. I am expecting Metroid Prime remaster to show up soon.

Nintendo Treehouse have in all of their recent JRPG releases changed or removed content from the western versions of a title, in the cases of fire Emblem they didn't even try to translate and take characters across they just rewrote people and created their own characters instead, for example.

c792Ohc.png

Why have characters when both of them are ninjas so they don't say anything lololololol arnt we good at getting the scenes intent across? Also a minigame where you can pet people in the face to raise affinity? REMOVED!!! What if that triggers an abuse victim? Can't have that it's gone.

Or the fact that Nintendo was so embarrassed in Japan when they found out that the Switch re-release of Tokoyo Mirage Session was going to be based on the western release and therefore contain less content (it could not contain the DLC as treehouse made the call that Hotsprings part was too risky for the Puritan west) that they had to release a public apology, which resulted in the Wii U version of the game then topping Japanese sale charts on Amazon as fans scrambled to get a hold of the none censored Japanese version in their home country. The game also has heavy plot changes and costume changes throughout with things like black smoke added in CGI cutscenes in an attempt to hide cleavage and again heavy rewriting of a scenes intent not translation.

Xenoblade Cronicles X... THEY REMOVED THE BOOB SLIDER! why even play the game at that point?

So... when treehouse is involved with any game that's heavy on plot or story, I worry because they make it their mission to insert themselves and rewrite rather than translate. Now that I know they are involved I'm just waiting to see how they can try and ruin this title as well.

They only do that to first parties though not third parties

I know I’ll get shouted down. But having this Treehouse potentially overlap with the Xbox showcase…made me think one thing…

Will we Spy with our Eye something Golden?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
There's not nearly enough reverence for Splatoon in this thread. Hope you guys take notes on the strategies so you don't get bodied in the demo this weekend.

There's not nearly enough reverence for Splatoon in this thread. Hope you guys take notes on the strategies so you don't get bodied in the demo this weekend.
I think they need to answer some more questions about Splat3. I don't see the hype for this version. The Gamestop near my home had ZERO preorders. I am curious if Nintendo see's preorders being lower than they expected for Splat3?

I am also curious about technical things like Tick Rate on Splat 3. How servers and lag will be handled?

Being honest with you...Splat 2 did not "feel" as fun to play as Splat 1 did. Will Nintendo fix or change this in Splat 3? Or is it more of the same?

Honestly, if it is the same as Splat 2, it is an instant "no thanks" from me. The demo with "hands on" should provide more info soon for everyone.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
They only do that to first parties though not third parties

God I hope your right because the title does look intresting, I felt Rune Factory has gone down hill with the last 2 entries, I admit I didn't play the last one much because I just was not enjoying myself.

With it being released on PC to there's always room for fans to fix the game as seen with pretty much every other censored RPG released on the platform.

It just needs to be a good game to start with really.

As for Splatoon 3, just got confirmation my Splatoon 3 OLED switch has been sent, and got my preorder direct from Nintendo for the game + a few free bonus goodies including a gym bag and pins.

Last edited:
God I hope your right because the title does look intresting, I felt Rune Factory has gone down hill with the last 2 entries, I admit I didn't play the last one much because I just was not enjoying myself.

With it being released on PC to there's always room for fans to fix the game as seen with pretty much every other censored RPG released on the platform.

It just needs to be a good game to start with really.

As for Splatoon 3, just got confirmation my Splatoon 3 OLED switch has been sent, and got my preorder direct from Nintendo for the game + a few free bonus goodies including a gym bag and pins.

Yeah they don't touch Third Parties

Third Parties will Censor the games themselves due to the censorship policy's of Sony

If a game comes to Switch and PS4/PS5, they will just Censor it and not have a uncensored version due to not wanting to do the work and just release Same game they are for Sony consoles

Top Bottom