• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo World 2011 8-10 Jan [Update: neoGAF geekin' out to quality game music]

MNC

omfg i just found this thread

i was about to go to sleep

GUESS WHAT'S NOT HAPPENING NOW

So it opens in like 20 minutes? Are there live coverages?

Jme

So, has there been any kind of official description of the online infrastructure? I've read in some places that it's better but, what does that even mean? Just speculation or have the actually confirmed that they have done away with Friend Codes and gone with a unified online username?

handofg0d said:
So, has there been any kind of official description of the online infrastructure? I've read in some places that it's better but, what does that even mean? Just speculation or have the actually confirmed that they have done away with Friend Codes and gone with a unified online username?

They have to get everyone overly excited before they reveal that information.

MNC

I hope to GOD we get A OFFICIAL NINTENDO USER NAME

ONUN

Hey wats ur ONUN

FAMICOM USER KODE

WATS UR FUK

HO SHIT I'M GETTING SLIGHTLY HYPED.

I hope somehow the Wii can get the ONUN as well. DS is lost forever. 3DS + Wii = ONUN forever! I want to link my VC games... I love having everything centralized and being able to sync shit. I get a hard on for cloud gaming.

MNC said:
I hope to GOD we get A OFFICIAL NINTENDO USER NAME

ONUN

Hey wats ur ONUN

FAMICOM USER KODE

WATS UR FUK

HO SHIT I'M GETTING SLIGHTLY HYPED.

Well, from the StreetPass video, we know that you will exchange usernames.
Dunno if that carries over to SpotPass, though.

hatchx said:
Is there somewhere to watch the event live?
People, keep in mind that there really is no "event" to watch live. This is not a press conference. It's a conference hall full of 3DS's for the Japanese public to walk in and play. Periodically there will be presentations on the center stage, generally a game developer showing off a game/games that couldn't make the show floor, and those will be streamed as videos on Nintendo's Japanese website.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Kard8p3 said:
Sucks that photography of trailers and demos is prohibited. I'm sure some people will get some footage anyway.
Yeah, let's see them control that! ^_^

I think we'll get at least some shaky cam footage, and we are getting trailers or on stage demos of nearly everything so it's not that bad.

Jme

AceBandage said:
Well, from the StreetPass video, we know that you will exchange usernames.
Dunno if that carries over to SpotPass, though.

I wouldn't read into that too much... you pass along your Mii names in Check Mii Out or Mii Plaza Parade or whatever it's called I honestly can't remember that last time I loaded this thing up...

Either way, you passed it along but the Wii's online is still garbage, so...

MNC

Perhaps not a press conference, but if they're showing trailers and the likes those will most likely end up on official sites and the likes?

handofg0d said:
I wouldn't read into that too much... you pass along your Mii names in Check Mii Out or Mii Plaza Parade or whatever it's called I honestly can't remember that last time I loaded this thing up...

Either way, you passed it along but the Wii's online is still garbage, so...

We'll see.
Though, StreetPass is a lot more than just Miis.

ntropy said:
wth no new Level 5 trailers? damn.

Level 5 is in 2 days, man.

Guys, chill with the Mother Trilogy BS. We have that rule against making up false rumors for a reason. Someone who doesn't know better will see people talking about that, think it's real, and spread it to other sections of GAF.

Smo21

perfectchaos007 said:
Just looked at currencies and found out that the USD is now worth less than a Canadian dollar again. crap. A $250 3DS would be a miracle

and yet we still pay $10 more for games...

Dreamwriter said:
Guys, chill with the Mother Trilogy BS. We have that rule against making up false rumors for a reason. Someone who doesn't know better will see people talking about that, think it's real, and spread it to other sections of GAF.

I was just about to make an |OT| for it

Gravijah

Dreamwriter said:

aw man amir0x is gonna get banned now ;( he didn't know!

Top Bottom