• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh Last Chance Trial Thread: It's your last chance, seriously.

dan2026

Yeah, because usually the EU game will open the EU store and your account is US so the store will not open.
But what if the physical game I buy is the UK version, will that make any difference?
Considering my main account is US.

This region shit makes my head spin.

But what if the physical game I buy is the UK version, will that make any difference?
Considering my main account is US.

This region shit makes my head spin.

DLC is tied to the region of the game. If you have a UK copy of the game, then that account needs to be from UK too, else you won't be able to access the DLC.

Mifec

Oh I was gonna DL the uncharted 12gb patch but if this is already out in Yurop then I know what I'm downloading after Toobie's game downloads in 10 mins.

aravuus

It's a good habit to start up early so it becomes muscle memory :D

Yeah well, first I'll have to un-muscle memory circle dodge and L1 block lol.

Really wish they'd just let us switch circle and x. I want to pick up stuff with x and dodge with circle, but I still want to confirm/cancel with x/circle in the menus, so can't use the PS4 custom controls feature either. Bummer.

I disliked the alpha but gave this a go. Got to the boss and she's stomped me twice now though I almost had her the second attempt. I am terrible at Ki pulses which is what did me in lol.

Experimented with quite a few weapons, think I like the Spy chain and sickle the most. Dual swords seem decent too but the damage output doesn't seem as effective.

I enjoyed it a lot more. Couldn't summon anyone for co-op though. Assuming it's the bowls at the shrine?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I''m going to fucking demolish this fucking demo when i come home

Sayad

Oh really? That's good to hear, maybe it's possible to spec your character to have a lot of them, too. I recall reading Nioh has no i-frames so I was a bit concerned.

Yep, it's armor dependent, like souls, wearing a heavy armor mean less i-frames.

Imur

Man, this is brutal. Don't know if I really want to beat the boss... It's just a demo after all. Not needed for progress. But: Day 1!

Copper

Already beat the alpha and beta. I'll just download the EU version I guess. Not going to bother waiting for NA to catch up.

Hystzen

Shit it is a new area sweet.

Also please tell me somebody has Gif of the amazing Rifle reload i loved it from last demo.

BigEmil

That Ogress face looks like some troll face lol
Shit it is a new area sweet.

Also please tell me somebody has Gif of the amazing Rifle reload i loved it from last demo.
Definitely that is sweet to look at! Should make the gif from a high quality official vid where that is used in a good spot with a nice kill

BigEmil

Yeahhhh no I ain't doing that :p
You can toggle it off and on in 3 seconds anytime, in the PS quick menu where you hold the button, the accessibility tab on the left with a check mark to enable your custom button assignments or turn it off. It saves your custom assignements so no need to fiddle with it again

So is this a new demo, or is it old demo stuff + a bit of new? I missed out on the Alpha and Beta but heard amazing things, mostly from EZA.

Thanks for the heads up.

I really like the demo, I just got to the Ogress. Any tips for her [and for that bird Yokai]?
I found the boss ok if you dodge around her when she swings then hit her in the back. Careful on the second half though as you'll need to pulse Ki as she covers the area in that Yokai stuff.

The bird Yokai destroyed me though -_-,

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So the Ogress and her reward are both new? The Alpha and Beta rewards are just more opportunities to unlock the older Marks?

BigEmil

They changed the sheathing animation of 1h sword with blood on it, earlier it looked like this:

https://youtu.be/yVSHbIogJ4o?t=58s

And now it's some quick shit that you can't even appreciate, why the hell did they do it? I'm seriously pissed right now, yes, I know it's a small issue, but it added so much to my immersion in alpha and beta.

Fuck :/
Will check this out when I play it, if they got feedback form again gotta mention to put that back

Peroroncino

Will check this out when I play it, if they got feedback form again gotta mention to put that back

Added a video to my post with the new animation.

It's just too quick and ungratifying compared to the previous one where he slowly slides back the blade to his sheathe after shaking off blood.

I'm going to their twitter with this, I really hope they change it back.

Mupod

can you still low stance ki pulse dodge? I had just kind of started getting the hang of stance dancing in the alpha but I heard it was removed in the beta. I thought it was really cool but if it was considered OP then oh well.

j0hnnix

Is this live in NA? Also, when does this end on the 23rd is it 22nd @ 11:59pm am or 11:59pm 23rd?

My new TV gets delivered the 23rd between 12-5pm :(

Gave the demo a spin and yup, it's brutally difficult. I don't remember the Souls games (that I've played) being this unforgiving.

Top Bottom