• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh patch 1.06 drops, adds pause

Opa-Pa

Well that's nice. I got used to no pause in Demon's Souls so at one point I simply forgot it was a thing, but accessibility options are always an improvement.

The OT for DS3 was "Why can't we poise the game?"

(Poise also works in Nioh)

Well, now I feel silly... There's poise in Nioh?!

Gator86

Nioh getting a pause function is really detrimental for the future of the video game community. You can't raise a new generation of hardcore gamers on candy crush and inevitably lose this consumer group if you continue to cater to casuals. Even a big part of the indi dev community release on the existance of people who like to die over and over and still want to continue.
If you can't play this game because it has no pause funtion than don't play it and don't start using all of your social media accounts to harass developers until they add it in. You don't see this kind of behaviour anywhere else. You don't see people in physics say "Hey, quantum physics is hard, please change it so I get it", those people get laughed at.

This is terrific. Thank you for this. 10/10 would laugh at again.

Audioboxer

Nioh getting a pause function is really detrimental for the future of the video game community. You can't raise a new generation of hardcore gamers on candy crush and inevitably lose this consumer group if you continue to cater to casuals. Even a big part of the indi dev community release on the existance of people who like to die over and over and still want to continue.
If you can't play this game because it has no pause funtion than don't play it and don't start using all of your social media accounts to harass developers until they add it in. You don't see this kind of behaviour anywhere else. You don't see people in physics say "Hey, quantum physics is hard, please change it so I get it", those people get laughed at.

Coming next to Nioh, rewind.

Prepare yourself.

Drencrom

Why are people talking so much about some pause feature (that only works when you aren't playing with another player for obvious reasons) instead of the new missions that have been added? Lol

People who want to pause Souls in general can always just turn off the game as it autosaves all the time anyway so you wont lose progress by quitting.

Eusis

Can you get invaded all the time in later Souls games? Or is there a certain state you have to be in (I've only played Demon's)
Varies from game to game. Any time if you don't burn a humanity in DS2, when you ring a coop bell in Bloodborne (and someone joined) and while kindled in DS3.

Also while human in DS1, much like Demon's Souls.

Aselith

But you still are when you're actually playing.

All it does is offer someone the opportunity to go to the toilet or to the door for two mins without coming back dead.

I'm sorry, but no game should come before peoples real life. I don't know how anyone can argue that it should.

In DS games you can quit anywhere and pick up at the exact same spot. You just can't pause when you are in the game or playing.

karasu

THANK YOU!!! I need Pause as it relieves my stress in these evil ass games. Even though I haven't tried Nioh yet. I'm currently having my ass wiped by the first boss in Dark Souls III.

Hyun Sai

Souls games will stay casual noob games anyway until they implement permadeath no save, the only way True gamers can play.

Jokes aside I'm glad we have at least one soulslike game that have a pause function.

Because now we can finally have actual evidence whether or not having a pause function would ruined a game, or people are just panicking over a made-up problem.

Imagine if the next Soulslike game includes a difficulty option for easy mode, oh no!

Jokes aside I'm glad we have at least one soulslike game that have a pause function.

Because now we can finally have actual evidence whether or not having a pause function would ruined a game, or people are just panicking over a made-up problem.

Imagine if the next Soulslike game includes a difficulty option for easy mode, oh no!

As long as From doesn't implement difficulty options I don't care what any one else does. I'm sure that new trash game by the creators of Lord's Of The Fallen will accommodate you....

Reading this thread while my game is paused.

Ryz9iJi.gif

I adore the Souls games but I guess I have yet to see the comment said. Wow lol.....

That is an asinine belief if i have ever heard one.

What? Do you feel more proud of yourself for it or something? This is really strange....you do realize people might have real world things to deal with right? "Panic button"? Wtf
Which is why souls games let you press start >quit game and continue where you left off. Sure a pause feature wouldn't ruin the game but the ammout of people, even in this thread whining that it's UNPLAYABLE without pause is highly amusing.

Fury451

Banned
Praise the Pause.

This game really needed one. Actually all non-exclusively online games need one. Give an option to toggle it for the enthusiasts who don't want it but sometimes I have to piss in the middle of a fight.

Top Bottom