• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi confirms future Switch support after Disgaea 5

Pokemaniac

Pretty much this. I've said elsewhere that if the Switch misses out on a game, it won't be due to power, but the publisher's call. On resolution, I reckon a lot of Nintendo fans would gladly take sub HD in portable mode (which, by the way, still looks great, if you've used the Wii U GamePad for Off-TV Play before), and 720p in home mode (which matters less when you're sat a reasonable distance from your television set, as one should be), so long as it meant that they got all of the X4 non-exclusive titles from "third parties". At least, it would be a far better position than not having the chance to play on their console of choice. I know that wouldn't sit so well with some on here, but honestly, I don't believe that most people care THAT much about resolution differences.

Sub-native resolution on a handheld is a literally the worst. It looks awful and should never be done (outside of emulation and certain retro art styles).

God Eater is another IP that almost depends on Switch, because the new one looks way beyond Vita's capabilities and I don't think BN are going to find a large amount of success on PS4-only.

Cerium

Sub-native resolution on a handheld is a literally the worst. It looks awful and should never be done (outside of emulation).

It's telling that Nintendo is clearly prioritizing 720p in undocked mode before optimizing for docked mode with all their first party games.

asagami_

Banned
Pretty much this. I've said elsewhere that if the Switch misses out on a game, it won't be due to power, but the publisher's call. On resolution, I reckon a lot of Nintendo fans would gladly take sub HD in portable mode (which, by the way, still looks great, if you've used the Wii U GamePad for Off-TV Play before), and 720p in home mode (which matters less when you're sat a reasonable distance from your television set, as one should be), so long as it meant that they got all of the X4 non-exclusive titles from "third parties". At least, it would be a far better position than not having the chance to play on their console of choice. I know that wouldn't sit so well with some on here, but honestly, I don't believe that most people care THAT much about resolution differences.

Switch is a Nintendo console with modern architecture and it supports mainstream tools, so scalability should not be a problem. It's more like a PC (like how Xbox One and PS4 are).

(I like this thread, it encourages me to build a not so powerful PC just to play the games are exclusives there)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=478074

The real reason why some games don't will reach to Switch will be because the devs/publishers don't want, basically :(

Top Bottom