• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 (OT) SURABANAKA DESU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FUCK

I just found out today that my cable company won't be doing the live 2am broadcast and will only be showing the 7pm replay. I was really looking forward to JR and Striker's commentary. Ah well, guess it's NJPW World for me, unless somebody can explain to me how the hell the Flipps app works.

EDIT: Last three Striker hype vids:

Six-man tag
Eight-man tag
Sakuraba vs. Suzuki

Ronin Ray

FUCK

I just found out today that my cable company won't be doing the live 2am broadcast and will only be showing the 7pm replay. I was really looking forward to JR and Striker's commentary. Ah well, guess it's NJPW World for me, unless somebody can explain to me how the hell the Flipps app works.

EDIT: Last three Striker hype vids:

Six-man tag
Eight-man tag
Sakuraba vs. Suzuki

I was palying with the Flipps app the other day to try and figure out how it works. I came away thinking I would not put money into this. On free videos it kept buffering and disconnecting form my Chromecast and the app closed several times on my phone. I could only imagine how bad a 4 hour PPV would be on that app.

The Flipps stuff seems kinda shitty, honestly I'd recommend any non-US folks get themselves an NJPW World subscription instead (unless Japanese commentary is a deal breaker for you).

I agree, but I'm not paying £25 for something that I can only watch on my phone. I just have a PS4 (which Flipps doesn't yet support) hooked up to a monitor, no new fangled internet TV or chromecast or anything like that and the Flipps website doesn't seem to even be able to tell me if I can actually watch it on the website, or if I'd be stuck watching it on my phone. Also, no one seems to have any idea as to how well this app actually works - it seems untested for this purpose, whereas NJPW World already has a handful of live streamed events under its belt (admittedly with far less interest that WK9 will bring).

If I could just go on the GFW website and pay for a stream that appears on the website, which I can then HDMI to my TV, then I'd definitely be buying the English language version even though I'm not that bothered by English commentary. But it's something a lot of people evidently need and, for that reason, I hope the GFW broadcast is a success.

Foggy

People need to support the English language version of this.

I'd love to, but I found out recently my ppv provider is only having the re-broadcast in the evening as well. By then, I'll have a sense on the internet as to how good the English commentary is and I'll make a decision based on that. After the UFC ppv, I'll probably just stay up and watch it on NJPWWorld.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I'd like to support NJPW, their english language broadcast is not the one for me, so it doesn't fit my needs. It's NJPW World for me.

I agree, but I'm not paying £25 for something that I can only watch on my phone. I just have a PS4 (which Flipps doesn't yet support) hooked up to a monitor, no new fangled internet TV or chromecast or anything like that and the Flipps website doesn't seem to even be able to tell me if I can actually watch it on the website, or if I'd be stuck watching it on my phone. Also, no one seems to have any idea as to how well this app actually works - it seems untested for this purpose, whereas NJPW World already has a handful of live streamed events under its belt (admittedly with far less interest that WK9 will bring).

If I could just go on the GFW website and pay for a stream that appears on the website, which I can then HDMI to my TV, then I'd definitely be buying the English language version even though I'm not that bothered by English commentary. But it's something a lot of people evidently need and, for that reason, I hope the GFW broadcast is a success.

Ahh that makes sense then.

I want to but not really finding a way to do so . I don't have cable or dish or anything.

If you download the flipps.TV app you can watch it on any dlna device such as ps3, xbox 360, xbox one, roku, chrome cast, etc.

Raw64life

I have Cablevision and I have HDPPV, PPV1 and PPV2. I get it live on PPV2 (along with a 30 minute pre-show apparently) but it doesn't air on HDPPV until the next day. If the shit isn't in HD on PPV2 then fuck that. Guess I gotta call Cablevision and spend hours waiting to get what may or may be some help.

Ronin Ray

Ahh that makes sense then.

If you download the flipps.TV app you can watch it on any dlna device such as ps3, xbox 360, xbox one, roku, chrome cast, etc.

I posted this before .( Sad Face)

I was palying with the Flipps app the other day to try and figure out how it works. I came away thinking I would not put money into this. On free videos it kept buffering and disconnecting form my Chromecast and the app closed several times on my phone. I could only imagine how bad a 4 hour PPV would be on that app.

Raw64life

I have Cablevision and I have HDPPV, PPV1 and PPV2. I get it live on PPV2 (along with a 30 minute pre-show apparently) but it doesn't air on HDPPV until the next day. If the shit isn't in HD on PPV2 then fuck that. Guess I gotta call Cablevision and spend hours waiting to get what may or may be some help.

So I called Cablevision I can get in fact only get it live in standard definition. A live PPV event is being offered in standard definition only in the year 2015. Two thousand and fifteen. Unbelievable.

This Flipps app looks like trash, and I'm assuming you can't DVR shit on this and I don't quite know if I'd make it the whole way through from 2-6 AM. Options are dwindling.

So I called Cablevision I can get in fact only get it live in standard definition. A live PPV event is being offered in standard definition only in the year 2015. Two thousand and fifteen. Unbelievable.

This Flipps app looks like trash, and I'm assuming you can't DVR shit on this and I don't quite know if I'd make it the whole way through from 2-6 AM. Options are dwindling.

I think the flipps app will let you rewatch for 30 days, so I'm sure you could pause or fast forward to where you left off later on.

RBH

B6ZkZK3CAAMjTAE.jpg:large

Yeah, my cable provider is only showing the 7PM broadcast. It's OK, as this is going to be my first time with NJPW. Looking forward to it!

Nuklear

Banned
Luckily with Directv I can just DVR the initial broadcast and watch it whenever so that is what I'm going to do. I'm not sure how much I'll drink during UFC so I'm safe guarded.

And yes if WWE doesn't think UFC is competition... lol Joke is on them!

Kiyo

Alright so Comcast is only showing the replay later Sunday so that options out for me. Definitely want to watch this live.

So I've been playing around with the Flipps TV app and my Samsung TV. Seems pretty easy to use. I just downloaded it on my iPhone, started it up and clicked on a video and it searched for my TV, detected it, and let me play the video straight to it. I was able to watch some of the WK9 promo videos on it. The quality seems okay but the bitrate seems a bit low. Also I'm worried the app may have problems come tomorrow when everyone is trying to use it. Seeing as I've never used or heard of Flipps before this event, I'm a bit worried on how hard it'd be to get a refund if their broadcast is a failure.

Kiyo

Wait what? Where is all this detailed? The page on my iPhone that shows I can buy it doesn't mention anything about not allowing me to stream it to my TV.

Wait what? Where is all this detailed? The page on my iPhone that shows I can buy it doesn't mention anything about not allowing me to stream it to my TV.

In an email and via their Twitter support. It may work on Apple TV, but Chromecast/XBox/LG SmartTV/Etc won't work.

Hyped for this with english commentary. I'm hoping that this is a success so badly and Ross does more commentary going forward. I haven't been this hyped for Japanese wrestlers since the NJPW WCW invasion in 95.

somedevil

So what time is this at? I'm confused. Eastern time please

Depends on if you want to watch it live or later. The show live I believe starts at 2am on Sunday. Then there is the replay at 7pm on Sunday like normal pay per view.

The problem is it depends on your cable provider. Some only carry the live version, both or just the 7pm version. Comcast only does the 7pm on Sunday version.

This is for the Cable version if you want English commentary.

If you buy it on New Japan World its live like at 2am in the morning and then you can watch it anytime you want with japanese commentary.

Raw64life

According to the Cablevision guy I did a live chat with the live version is only on a different PPV channel I get in standard definition, but I'm still not sure if I believe him and I tempted to just order it anyway. I mean, a live event in standard definition in 2015? It just seems so fucking ridiculous that would still be a thing.

Zach

Yeeeaaah, I think the uncertainty of the Flipps app is going to keep me away from this. Kinda sad. Would be cool to watch with JR on commentary.

what exactly is global force wrestling trying to be? do they have a roster? Their own events? are they their own promotion or what. Im quite confused

kunonabi

Had to go with NJPW World since my cable provider isn't showing the live broadcast. No big since I was planning on getting it anyway.

Zach

I think they offer refunds if it doesn't work according to another forum.

I downloaded the app and it seems to work okay with the ol' Xbox One... gaaah, I may just do it. Worst case scenario I'm out $35 so... now I'm leaning towards getting it.

Now I'll have to mull over staying up, going to sleep and setting a 2 AM alarm, or just watching tomorrow night... if I get it! Settle down here, fella! This decision isn't final!

I hate myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom