• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9 (OT) SURABANAKA DESU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the app and it seems to work okay with the ol' Xbox One... gaaah, I may just do it. Worst case scenario I'm out $35 so... now I'm leaning towards getting it.

Now I'll have to mull over staying up, going to sleep and setting a 2 AM alarm, or just watching tomorrow night... if I get it! Settle down here, fella! This decision isn't final!

I hate myself.

I'm gonna watch on xbox one too. I haven't tried the app yet, but I probably won't watch live anyway.

Kiyo

People looking to use Flipps app + Xbox, this was posted on reddit:

Y3jHRAz.png

Looks like it's just Chromecast, LG tv's, and Xbox's though. At least that's what I understand from that picture.

People looking to use Flipps app + Xbox, this was posted on reddit:

Y3jHRAz.png

Looks like it's just Chromecast, LG tv's, and Xbox's though. At least that's what I understand from that picture.

If it streams to one device, how could it not stream to other devices? This makes no sense to be honest.

Zach

Are you saying I should see if it works with my PS4 for live streaming? Or my PS3? Or my Super Nintendo? How do I watch this live, man?!

Are you saying I should see if it works with my PS4 for live streaming? Or my PS3? Or my Super Nintendo? How do I watch this live, man?!

It should work on PS3 since that has dlna support. I still don't know how they could prevent a device from watching it though if it uses dlna.

Zach

My Playstations are not showing up in the app. It's possible I just don't know what I'm doing, but if folks think WWE is having trouble with the Network because of a confused fanbase, how the h do people think this event is going to have any meaningful exposure if it's this difficult to watch the thang?

Oh well. I guess I'm back to leaning towards not getting it. This will probably go on all day. >_>

Hex

Banned
My Playstations are not showing up in the app. It's possible I just don't know what I'm doing, but if folks think WWE is having trouble with the Network because of a confused fanbase, how the h do people think this event is going to have any meaningful exposure if it's this difficult to watch the thang?

Oh well. I guess I'm back to leaning towards not getting it. This will probably go on all day. >_>

10.00 make you holla get the NJPW monthly gimmick, the REAL 9.99 experience.

Do you have dlna enabled on the ps3 and it turned on?

mrboo001

Banned
You can see the ring/set being constructed on the NJPW website live. Never has the sound of hammers been so exciting.

Zach

Yeah, not to mention that despite the fact that you can't understand a thing he's saying, Ozaki is a great announcer.

Obligatory

Yeah, but I'd like to understand the words. I don't think I'd enjoy it more than the English commentary. I mean, half the reason I'm even looking into this is to see how JR does.

kunonabi

How strict is NJPW World about account sharing? I have a friend who might be interested who let me mooch off his WWE network when he had it. It would be nice to pay back the favor.

I dunno. I'm kind of tired of trying. I may look later. Either way, thanks for offering assistance.

Hopefully you get it to work. They should have used something else besides flipps. Its almost like they want people to watch illegal streams for free versus pay for one.

Aiii

So not worth it
The only thing that is disappointing is that we won't get another Devitt entrance like last year's. That was a great entrance.

delSai

Damn. First time i went into the off topic and i see this thread. Great, probably wont watch it because i always fall asleep but can't wait to read what you guys think about it.

beanman25

This'll be my first live event on NJPW world. How do I get to it upon start? The live streaming button correct?

Anth0ny

how the fuck am I gonna do 2-6am tonight... plus jones/cormier before that.

*takes swig of red bull for the working man*

Foffy

Banned
how the fuck am I gonna do 2-6am tonight... plus jones/cormier before that.

*takes swig of red bull for the working man*

Nap now and prepare yourself. Or maybe the sheer hype of New Japan will keep you awake.

I really am digging the card. Save for the first match which seems like a silly opener, nearly everything on display seems solid from a purely booking standpoint. I hope some people at WWE take note of this: this is how you book a show.

Or at least take some notes from NXT ;)

beanman25

Nap will be impossible for me. Because Blues play at 9:30 and I have to watch my nephew for a few hours before then. I fell asleep after ordering last years WK, and won't let it happen this year.

I'll be sitting on my exercise ball to attempt avoiding falling asleep.

I'm really tempted to do this but it's quite literally the end of my holidays and I should be readjusting my sleep schedule.

Nap now and prepare yourself. Or maybe the sheer hype of New Japan will keep you awake.

I really am digging the card. Save for the first match which seems like a silly opener, nearly everything on display seems solid from a purely booking standpoint. I hope some people at WWE take note of this: this is how you book a show.

Are you referring to the dark match or the four-way? Because while the four way will be a clusterfuck it should be pretty fun

UberTag

Vince doesn't watch NJPW or NXT.
He doesn't run a wrestling promotion. That's what his father did.
Vince is all about the sports entertainment and what he says goes.
Now enjoy this 2-minute women's match that ends with a roll-up pin and builds to a storyline for Total Divas.

Foffy

Banned
Are you referring to the dark match or the four-way? Because while the four way will be a clusterfuck it should be pretty fun

The dark match. The four way could potentially be very great, even if it's only bathed in spots. Spots aren't a bad thing, though.

Jamie OD

The only thing that is disappointing is that we won't get another Devitt entrance like last year's. That was a great entrance.

Other guys will get some big entrances. Remember last year we also got Time Splitters in a DeLorean, Nakamura with the pole dancers and Tanahashi with Marty Friedman playing his song.

Other guys will get some big entrances. Remember last year we also got Time Splitters in a DeLorean, Nakamura with the pole dancers and Tanahashi with Marty Friedman playing his song.

Don't forget KES on the motorcycles (except DBS Jr. looked really dorky on the trike)

And two years ago we had Ayumi Nakamura live-performing Kaze Ni Nare (AKA the BEST ENTRANCE THEME EVER) for Minoru Suzuki before his match with Nagata. Also Low Ki dressed as Agent 47 for no apparent reason and wrestling in a goddamn suit and tie.

Aiii

So not worth it

How is Okada ever gonna top his dinosaur though? Can't be done.

TWO DINOSAURS AND AN EVEN BIGGER ANIME SWORD!

Ordered on Directv and am beyond ready for this show! Jim Ross is the icing on the badass wrestling cake that is NJPW. The Jarrett match is the only meh match for me but even that will be passable. I need a bunch of highlight packages to pass the time.

JR just having fun out there

B6dsz1DIEAAeBvE.jpg

I'm sticking with the Japanese commentary but no matter the reaction to the job he does I'm going to pretend that he killed it. Glad his last gig is with a cool company that seems to be treating him quite well

I extended my vacation so I won't be able to watch and see who becomes Wrestle King or whatever, think it'll be worth going dark so I can catch up when I get home?

Raw64life

Triple confirmed that my cable provider is only offering the event live in standard definition. I'm still tempted to order it just so I can see with my own eyes that this is actually still possible in the year 2015. It just can't be. So absurd.

So anyway, I download the Flipps app, which I'm not too enthused about, just to see if it would even work. It connects to my Sony TV just fine, but then when I try to play a video, I get sound from my TV but no picture. Double J is not making it easy for me to get JR commentary at all.

beanman25

Not IMO. To make matters worse they're like drinking motor oil.

I'll stick with my old standby, Mountain Dew.

Luckily, I seemed to have convinced a friend to come over despite her not knowing anything about wrestling. Hoping that helps to keep me awake in combination with a cappuccino she is bringing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom