• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky gets released like, soon, I guess ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
12th,europe (Switzerland) as well.

ViQqmOr.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Two Left Shoes

Neo Member
Silly question. I've never purchased a PS4 game digitally, this will be my first one and was wondering if it'll be available on the PSN store at midnight my time (EST) or when the PSN store usually updates? I can't wait to get lost in this game. Sooo excited.

Slayven

Silly question. I've never purchased a PS4 game digitally, this will be my first one and was wondering if it'll be available on the PSN store at midnight my time (EST) or when the PSN store usually updates? I can't wait to get lost in this game. Sooo excited.

Midnight,really like 5-10 minutes after midnight.

CHC

Can't believe it's now just over two weeks. I am very confident that the game will turn out great, but even if it doesn't I'm grateful for how much entertainment it's given us already in the form of speculation and hype and just in general getting my imagination to run wild. It's been fun

That's kind of where I'm at too. There is some chance that it may not come together, but even if that's the case, it is certain that at the least we are getting a massive universe simulator full of incredibly beautiful scenery. I can appreciate it for the scale, ambition, and underlying tech even if the game itself isn't great - and for me that's almost worth the price of admission alone.

theWB27

I understand the idea of wanting to play it for the first time as a relatively "pristine," bug-free experience, that's fair enough. With the delay period, however, I can only hope it launches in a relatively stable state.

Something tells me the performance will be just fine.

I really hope we'll get to see planets with as many creatures co-existing on-screen as the E3 2014 trailer. We haven't really seen anything like this, with this many creatures on-screen at once, since this trailer.

CHC

Yeah so by all accounts here looks like the PC release follows the PS4 release regionwise for the dates.

Which is in line with what Sean had said at some point in the past - simultaneous release between platforms. I'm assuming that the PC date on their website is simply a mistake. Steam still says August 9th for me (in the US).

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Is there any footage out there of this running on a PC with max settings? I actually had no idea this was coming out on PC. Thought it was a PS4 exclusive. I'm out of the loop big time.

legacyzero

Banned
Maybe it's just an issue of communicating the updated release dates proper? I mean, PSN only JUST updated to the August 9th date like 2 weeks ago LOL

Remember - Hello Games is self-publishing for the most part and they are a smallish Indie company.

So, trying to organize a simultaneous worldwide release on two platforms with multiple localizations can't be that simple.

If they pull it off, great. If it gets delayed an couple extras days, so be it.

We're in the home stretch now. We're talking days, not months.

iFirez

So this is directly from the NMS website:

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/ said:
No Man’s Sky is a game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated galaxy, coming to PS4 on August 9th in North America and August 10th in Europe, and on PC worldwide on August 12th.

So if the release for PC has changed in North America maybe it will also change to the 10th for UK/EU? It seems like the PS4 release of 10th August (UK) is still correct though.

Can't believe it's now just over two weeks. I am very confident that the game will turn out great, but even if it doesn't I'm grateful for how much entertainment it's given us already in the form of speculation and hype and just in general getting my imagination to run wild. It's been fun

Great post - I have probably got 10-15 hours entertainment out of the last 2-3 years just following NMS threads, videos, and wild speculation!

UCBooties

Any news of Trophies for this game?

It'll be interesting to see what the game considers to be "complete" as far as earning trophies goes.

Gold Trophy: "My God, it's full of stars" Land on every single one of the 14 edit: 18 Quintillion planets in the game.

somme

It'll be interesting to see what the game considers to be "complete" as far as earning trophies goes.

Gold Trophy: "My God, it's full of stars" Land on every single one of the 14 Quintillion planets in the game.

You're 4 quintillion out there ;) it's 18.

I imagine the trophies may be along the lines of

- Discover 200 animals
- Discover 100 planets
- Find 50 blueprints
- Make 50 items from blueprints
- Spend 5 hours flying in space

Stuff like that? Either way I plan on playing so much that if they're not difficult trophies, just time-consuming ones, I should get them all.

Gurrry

Damn, why would the PC version be pushed back like that? Bleh

If its another stupid exclusivity deal, albeit only like 3 days, it still sucks. This trend has gotta stop.

byropoint

So what would be the cheapest way to get the Steam version? I'm only seeing the €60 deals, was hoping there would be a lower preorder price.

SomTervo

They usually announce the exact times by timezone in the few days before it goes live. Sometimes it can be a real pain in the ass and you technically get the game the day after.

SomTervo

So what would be the cheapest way to get the Steam version? I'm only seeing the €60 deals, was hoping there would be a lower preorder price.

It's a really hard game to find deals for. I guess Hello Games are A) So small they don't have time to go for huge CD key distribution or deals (e.g. with graphics cards) and B) Need money so probably don't want to diminish the value of their game.

byropoint

It's a really hard game to find deals for. I guess Hello Games are A) So small they don't have time to go for huge CD key distribution or deals (e.g. with graphics cards) and B) Need money so probably don't want to diminish the value of their game.

Makes sense. I might get the physical PS4 version after all as that seems to be a bit cheaper and the game won't require PS+ to play online, I just got used to looking at Steam preorder deals since they are usually the cheaper ones.

Ok but then why does the official about page say 'PC worldwide on August 12th"'
http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/

There's conflicting information all over the place.

No, that's the only conflicting information. The store dates are correct.

Someone fucked up the sentence, because it pretty clearly should read "Coming to PS4 and PC on August 9th in North America, August 10th in Europe, and worldwide on August 12th." based on literally every single other piece of information available, including the formally announced dates when it was delayed.

twisted89

No, that's the only conflicting information. The store dates are correct.

Someone fucked up the sentence, because it pretty clearly should read "Coming to PS4 and PC on August 9th in North America, August 10th in Europe, and worldwide on August 12th." based on literally every single other piece of information available, including the formally announced dates when it was delayed.

Now you mention it that sentence is pretty broken, guess I'll be using a VPN for unlock if they screw everyone outside US as usual.

SomTervo

Makes sense. I might get the physical PS4 version after all as that seems to be a bit cheaper and the game won't require PS+ to play online, I just got used to looking at Steam preorder deals since they are usually the cheaper ones.

Definitely. I'm double dipping because I want to support Hello, but PS4 will definitely be cheaper if you trade in a game to subsidise it. On top of that, if you find a local mom 'n' pop store, they might stock and sell the game early (I plan on picking it up the Saturday before launch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom