• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky went gold

Nibel

CmyXY4jWcAAt9J5.jpg

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/751141699880095745

GHG

Gold Member
But someone told me it was getting delayed?

Great news. I cannot wait.

Heh, Sean's face. We need a screencap in here. Can't imagine how stressful a game of that complexity, even if it a lot is procedural, was for such a small team.

edit: And about three times over already I see lol

Cardon

Congrats to the team. Been a long journey and I think in the end it'll be worth the wait.

Though, I'm hoping Sean keeps rocking the hobo dev beard for a while longer.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
So awesome. I'm really happy for those guys, and I can't wait to get my hands on my limited edition next month!

Having worked in the industry for 10 years, and worked on my own personal non-gaming projects, I know that feeling of actually completing something and being able to just unravel from all of the tension and stress. It's a great feeling. These guys need a fucking break, and I hope more than anything that No Man's Sky is a fun, entertaining game that finds its audience and gives them massive success.

But what do you do when a game goes gold?

/s

I'm so happy right now. NMS honestly seems like a culmination of so many of the systems I have loved in games over the years. I used to play the original Wing Commander Privateer all the time, and I never really progressed the narrative. I'd just buy low and sell high, continually upgrading my ship. That's all I did. In Minecraft, building a house wasn't part of the appeal for me, it was continued exploration of the world that was generated. Do I think this is going to be a game for everyone? No. But for me, I'm super excited.

Top Bottom