• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Miiverse screenshots allowed for Smash Bros. 3DS on regular 3DS, works on New 3DS

Sounds to me like this game is stretching the 3DS to its breaking point, and sacrifices have had to be made.

Honestly, considering the hardware, Smash 3DS is a technical marvel.

ugoo18

You can upload them if you quit the game, go online and browse through your SD card.

Again, the OP and subject should be updated.

Not to be that guy but that sure seems inconvenient for lack of a better word. I know the screenshots i've uploaded have been spur of the moment things and i dread browsing saved images on my 3DS because of how long it takes to load every image i have (I have quite a lot, for something like SSB i know there will be potentially a lot of moments worth screenshotting make it even more of a hassle).

Seems like Sakurai went through a heck of a lot of trouble just to get a form of SSB working on the 3DS at the sacrifice of various things (This, online for Smash Run, Pokemon/Assist trophy animation framerates, Ice Climbers, Olimar's original Pikmin count).

The Boat

No online Smash Run and now no Miiverse image uploading unless I shell out for a system upgrade. Next year.

Thanks for saving me 40 bucks, Nintendo! More money for Persona Q!
If those are your reasons for not buying it, I'd say you weren't that interested in the game to begin with.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
"No Miiverse screenshots allowed" definitely makes it sound like some kind of arbitrary decision made to push users to N3DS, rather than what appears to be a hardware limitation.

Coming off the back of the CCP issue, it's pretty clear what the general response to a title like that will be... :-/

CCP issue is shit and very scummy even with their IR reasoning.

But the miiverse thing is legit and this isn't the only game that disables web and miiverse stuff.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
OP should be updated that you CAN take pictures, but you can't send through miiverse directly - have to do it after game.

Seems like people are getting mad on the fact that you CAN'T take pictures, even though you can. So essentially outside of browsing, you aren't really losing much.

There's nothing to have a panic about folks, move on. It's not as bad as the CCP issue.

I've never used I.nintendo.net since it updates social networks that I never use. But I constantly use Miiverse. So yeah, image share is useless to me.

If you're so averse to making a tumblr account just to upload screenshots, then you can also stick your SD card in the computer and upload them wherever you like.

I don't use tumblr either but I made an account for the sake of Animal Crossing. It is seriously no big deal at all.

Do people really think Nintendo intentionally blocked the feature to make it exclusive on Wii U and new 3DS. It quite honesly sounds like a hardware limitation. I could be wrong, but makes more sense than what people are believing.

Seik

Banned
So, who's cancelling their pre-order because of this? :p

EDIT: Oh, man, just had to check last page

No online Smash Run and now no Miiverse image uploading unless I shell out for a system upgrade. Next year.

Thanks for saving me 40 bucks, Nintendo! More money for Persona Q!

Hahahahaha.

C'mon, Smash Run is cool and all, but if you're cancelling over this, well you had very little interest for the game itself.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm going with hardware limitation. Miiverse is not a big enough feature to reserve for the N3DS purely for marketing.

ugoo18

So, who's cancelling their pre-order because of this? :p

This is just another reason that i'll finally replace my launch OG 3DS for. Although that camera control in MH4G and lack of a WiiU version made that a certainty once it was announced, everything else just cements my decision to get a New 3DS.

JC Lately

If those are your reasons for not buying it, I'd say you weren't that interested in the game to begin with.

Yeah I was always on the fence about 3ds version. Lack of online in the one mode I was most interested and lack of image support in the only social network I give a crap about makes my decision easy.

"No Miiverse screenshots allowed" definitely makes it sound like some kind of arbitrary decision made to push users to N3DS, rather than what appears to be a hardware limitation.

Coming off the back of the CCP issue, it's pretty clear what the general response to a title like that will be... :-/
Miiverse screenshot aren't "not allowed". You literally can't run the Miiverse app at the same time as the game (because of memory limitations).

The key is they are also shutting off the browser so it's certainly a ram limitation and not just locking features to sell the new console. You can still save screenshots though and upload them later.

Also people were super-impressed with the graphics and performance compared to every other 3DS game. Now we have the reason.

when games like monhan 4 are about to run, the system does this kinda weird shutdown sequence and sometimes it takes a little bit more to load. Like if it was switching modes.

magnetic

I kinda love the idea that the game is so intense that the OG 3DS almost can´t handle it. I don´t really care about Miiverse (but I can definitely understand that people are annoyed by that).

I love games that maximize the limits of the hardware they´re running on. In the end, I would ALWAYS choose better framerates, more stuff in the levels etc over an OS feature that I don´t ever use.

OmegaFax

I've seen some people I follow on Miiverse post 3DS screenshots. They'd be pretty much playing the game 40 minutes to every hour. Miiverse on the 3DS is painful as it is. The implementation was pretty much shoehorned in.

OP should be updated that you CAN take pictures, but you can't send through miiverse directly - have to do it after game.

Seems like people are getting mad on the fact that you CAN'T take pictures, even though you can. So essentially outside of browsing, you aren't really losing much.

There's nothing to have a panic about folks, move on. It's not as bad as the CCP issue.

This NEEDS to be in the OP. It makes a world of difference

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Demo has this effect btw. You notice that the 3DS makes a quick "restart" when starting up and shutting down. Definitely a RAM thing.

Squishy3

Demo has this effect btw. You notice that the 3DS makes a quick "restart" when starting up and shutting down. Definitely a RAM thing.
It's not all that dissimilar to what happens when you run the GBA Ambassador games, those take forever to return to the home menu because it "restarts" the 3DS in proper 3DS mode.

Painguy

Generally speaking the OS has 32mb/128mb available on the 3DS so Smash probs took a big chunk of that away leaving the OS pretty barebones.

---edit--
op seems to mention that woops

jonno394

Yeah I'm sure it's hardware. Happened with the Vita too with the likes of uncharted where certain things are turned off and unavailable due to hardware requirements.

Meffer

I can absolutely tell that Smash takes all what the 3DS has to over. Starting up the game takes awhile and going in the Home menu takes awhile too. Demo, mind you.

Top Bottom