• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Miiverse screenshots allowed for Smash Bros. 3DS on regular 3DS, works on New 3DS

Mariolee

Reposting for new page.

OP should be updated that you CAN take pictures, but you can't send through miiverse directly - have to do it after game.

Seems like people are getting mad on the fact that you CAN'T take pictures, even though you can. So essentially outside of browsing, you aren't really losing much.

There's nothing to have a panic about folks, move on. It's not as bad as the CCP issue.

Title should be updated. Someone alert the mods.

Elija2

I wonder how much more RAM they would free up for use if they also disabled the Game Notes and Camera multitasking apps. I can't imagine those apps take up that much RAM, but nobody uses them anyway.

OP should be updated that you CAN take pictures, but you can't send through miiverse directly - have to do it after game.

Seems like people are getting mad on the fact that you CAN'T take pictures, even though you can. So essentially outside of browsing, you aren't really losing much.

There's nothing to have a panic about folks, move on. It's not as bad as the CCP issue.

But you can't upload them to Miiverse. I think that's what people are upset about.

Cipherr

But you can't upload them to Miiverse. I think that's what people are upset about.

Except apparently you can, you just need to exit the game because the old 3DS doesn't have enough RAM to run the game and the Miiverse app simultaneously.

Thats why all the over reactions are silly.

Its like people forget Miiverse wasn't even supposed to run on the 3DS in the first place, they had to force it onto the system which could barely handle it as it is. Its the whole reason n3DS got upgraded just so it could handle these new features. Which makes perfect sense as to why Smash Miiverse works for n3DS and not the OG one.

The solid 60fps the game has is pretty amazing for the 3DS. Yeah it's an unfair comparison because of GameFreak, but compare how Smash Bros runs to how Pokemon X/Y runs. Pokemon X/Y can't even do 3D without taking a massive FPS poop.

Elija2

Except apparently you can, you just need to exit the game because the old 3DS doesn't have enough RAM to run the game and the Miiverse app simultaneously.

Thats why all the over reactions are silly.

Are you sure? You can't upload pictures from your SD card to Miiverse.

zroid

Banned
So annoying that I can't get a n3DS til next year :\

I want one now ;-;

So... You can't do it for the demo at least. Can you for the final release?

you can save screenshots to the SD card in this game iirc. then either upload them to an image share site from the browser, or just transfer from the card directly to your PC.

watershed

Banned
It's disappointing but also makes sense. Smash4 is pretty much pushing the 3ds to it's limit. In the Treehouse Broadcast today they mentioned something about replay videos and snapshots. Does anyone know more about that? It sounded like something built into the game.

RedSwirl

From what I've seen of the demo, Smash seems to be taking its toll on the standard 3DS hardware. The whole system actually has to reset when you exit the game.

SigSig

Just played the Demo, definitely an issue with the OG 3DS's RAM (system needs to reset after exiting, very likely in order to clear RAM to enable Browser and Miiverse again).
The additional RAM makes a huge difference, wow. It's looking and controlling great.

Sakura

Yea it was obvious this game is really pushing the 3DS even with the demo. Trying to quit the demo and return to the home screen would result in what seemed like the system rebooting.

Some of the overreaction to this is pretty crazy though.
You can't use Miiverse at the same time as playing. Wow. Would you really want to sacrifice performance just for that? You can use Miiverse when not playing. You can upload screenshots to places with the in game tool. Very good sacrifice for better performance in my opinion, especially in a fighting game.

From what I've seen of the demo, Smash seems to be taking its toll on the standard 3DS hardware. The whole system actually has to reset when you exit the game.

About that... People keep saying it, but I managed to quit out without restarting just fine the one time I did? I loaded up the eShop to walk a friend through the code redemption process, and it quit Smash Bros. just fine, like any other software...

Yeah, that felt really jarring. I guess it's using all the ram the 3DS has, including that normally reserved for running the OS and multi-tasking (Miiverse, web browse) in the background.

Anyone know if you can streetpass while Smash is running? I want to see how far down the rabbit hole of killing the OS it goes.

OOT 3D seemed to do this and IIRC RE:Mercs 3D too (I think web browser still works in these though).

Top Bottom