• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Rest for the Wicked - Official Steam Early Access Launch Trailer (April 18)

Buggy Loop

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

I hope the EA is meaty.

GymWolf

In the trailer i saw enemies that were not in the previous demo forcstreamers, so maybe it's a bit longer than that.

Please don't be just 2 hours of content.

GymWolf

Just to prepare the unaware:

This is only the first chapter of the game

No multiplayer here on launch

—-

Expect a very thin and overpriced early access here.
Well depends, not every first act is the same, you can probably play the first act of bg3 for 50+ hours...

If it is the exact same as the streamers demo then yeah, it's very small.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
No Rest for the Wicked will be available at a
special introductory price of $35.99 USD | £31.95 GBP | €35.99 EUR* here on Steam
for a period of two weeks following release until May 2, 2024 at 9am PST.

The game will be available for $39.99 USD | £34.99 GBP | €39.99 EUR* after this two-week period ends.

We’d also like to confirm that No Rest for the Wicked will not have any microtransactions. And, the game’s single player experience will not require an online connection or any anti-cheat software. We’re dedicated to providing you all with a complete, seamless experience!

Looks and sounds good. At little steep on that EA price though.

TexMex

I want to be there day one for sure. Is Early Access open to everyone? There's no preorder option on Steam but maybe that's unique to it being early access.

Fredrik

Day 1 for me! I love the Ori games and can’t see Moon miss here even if it’s a different genre, gameplay looks tighttt

Sidenote, did I see a fishing mechanic here? 0:45

near

Gold Member
No Rest for the Wicked will be available at a
special introductory price of $35.99 USD | £31.95 GBP | €35.99 EUR* here on Steam
for a period of two weeks following release until May 2, 2024 at 9am PST.

The game will be available for $39.99 USD | £34.99 GBP | €39.99 EUR* after this two-week period ends.

We’d also like to confirm that No Rest for the Wicked will not have any microtransactions. And, the game’s single player experience will not require an online connection or any anti-cheat software. We’re dedicated to providing you all with a complete, seamless experience!

Looks and sounds good. At little steep on that EA price though.

So it will be two weeks before 1.0 drops? Because it says this on the Steam profile:

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
We are planning on a discounted price during Early Access that will then increase once the game hits 1.0 / leaves Early Access. If you purchase during Early Access, you will not need to make an additional purchase at 1.0 release.”

Am I misunderstanding something here? I really doubt this will be in early access for two weeks, 1.0 is the full release of the game, right?

If I'm not mistaken and remember their road map correctly, the first update will be adding multiplayer support.

I thought it was 32 dollars with a discount?

So it will be two weeks before 1.0 drops? Because it says this on the Steam profile:

We are planning on a discounted price during Early Access that will then increase once the game hits 1.0 / leaves Early Access. If you purchase during Early Access, you will not need to make an additional purchase at 1.0 release.”

Am I misunderstanding something here? I really doubt this will be in early access for two weeks, 1.0 is the full release of the game, right?
My guess is two weeks of 34.99, then 40.00 until it leaves early access, and then 50.00 or 60.00 after the full version is released.

Over the top camera like Hades.

I'm dead

Over the top camera like Maze Craze.

Fredrik

This is just a discount for the Early Access launch, 1.0 is further away. Full price is likely standard $60-70.

Going by X talks it sounds like it’s super early right now, unless 1.0 is just the beginning, they have a ton of stuff planned and will build it with input from the community. Looks polished already though!

Bartski

Gold Member
Looks incredible, to the point where I feel like getting hit by FOMO while I'm trying to stick to the plan and wait for 1.0... not a fain of Early Access in general all known details of this one even more so.

Lack of system requirements bays before release is just weird.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

It’s possible that $40 is the EA price, and the game will cost more when it’s released.

The two week $35 price could just be a special deal.

There’s no way this thing will be in early access for only two weeks.

near

Gold Member
It’s possible that $40 is the EA price, and the game will cost more when it’s released.

The two week $35 price could just be a special deal.

There’s no way this thing will be in early access for only two weeks.
Yeah, a couple other posters mentioned that already. I didn't really think about that possibility because $40 seems like a fair price for what this game is, anything more than that and Moon Studios is banking on this to be really really impressive. Or it could just be that the target scope of this game simply adds the value.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
EA needs re-worked titles shouldn't be able to sit in EA for years. EA should be to polish your game and get some "BETA" testers. Some developers launch an EA and haven't even got a roadmap but want to cash in on the premise and if no one supports it they just keep the cash grab.

We need 6-8 Months MAX EA rules.

drotahorror

I wonder what their goal is for this? Like a one and done campaign or an end game? Like is this more, Grim Dawn with some decent end game content and potentially expansions, or say, Dark Souls where your replayability is in NG+ and trying different builds (or PVP).

Reallink

Ori WotW is 4 years old, how the fuck they releasing an Early Access game with 1 chapter and missing multiplayer? What exactly have they been doing for half a decade?

Last edited:

Shodai

Ori WotW is 4 years old, how the fuck they releasing an Early Access game with 1 chapter and missing multiplayer? What exactly have they been doing for half a decade?
It's not clear how many chapters it has to start with - Certainly won't be the demo that was played in March by some folks.

Last edited:
I don't understand, why is Early Access is never considered for consoles? They'd make as much money offering it early on consoles and wouldn't be denying half or more of their audience a chance to play early as well. Stupid. The game is coming out on both platforms is it not? So do it for both!

Holammer

I don't understand, why is Early Access is never considered for consoles? They'd make as much money offering it early on consoles and wouldn't be denying half or more of their audience a chance to play early as well. Stupid. The game is coming out on both platforms is it not? So do it for both!
The problem is always the certification process on consoles. While there's zero friction on Steam by comparison.

Fredrik

Palworld is early access and is on Xbox.

I could see them skipping both consoles here to avoid a fanboy war where one group is hurting the talk by trying to find and exaggerate faults.

near

Gold Member
It's not clear how many chapters it has to start with - Certainly won't be the demo that was played in March by some folks.

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

• A rich first chapter of the narrative campaign
  • Additional quests that reveal more about the world and its inhabitants
  • Intense boss battles against plague-ridden creatures
  • A large variety of weapons, armor, skills, and crafting options
  • Gear can be upgraded, enchanted, runed and gem-ed to create your ideal character build
  • Purchasing and furnishing of a modifiable home
  • Daily and Weekly bounties and challenges
  • Replayable Cerim Crucible dungeon

What we don't know is how much content is packed into that first chapter. I've decided to just buy it and figure out if it's worth it for myself.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Real curious to hear impressions on this one. The art style is shockingly good. But I am not that impressed with the gameplay I've seen, or the souls style design.

Fredrik

Real curious to hear impressions on this one. The art style is shockingly good. But I am not that impressed with the gameplay I've seen, or the souls style design.
I’ll be posting impressions for sure and I know we sometimes like similar games 👍 Going by videos I love the perspective, I see some The Ascent in there, a zoomed out camera is one of my favorite things in general in action games, unfortunately it’s rare. Not sure if they have an auto targetting mechanic or twin stick aiming though. Twin stick would be perfection.
2 more days!

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I’ll be posting impressions for sure and I know we sometimes like similar games 👍 Going by videos I love the perspective, I see some The Ascent in there, a zoomed out camera is one of my favorite things in general in action games, unfortunately it’s rare. Not sure if they have an auto targetting mechanic or twin stick aiming though. Twin stick would be perfection.
2 more days!
Awesome, thanks man. And yeah the perspective is not at all a problem for me. Played a lot of games like that over the years, and it feels fresh since not too many do it now. Zero complaints about the visuals in general. Zoomed out perspective could be interesting for a game like this since you definitely have a much clearer view of the action and no camera problems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom