• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Rest for the Wicked PC system requirements seem peculiarly demanding

Game is beautiful as hell, absolutely love the graphics and art style.

But to reach 60 fps @ 1080p, you need 12600k + 3070Ti, which are significantly higher specs than current gen consoles.

GLYP7FkboAAFlCg

In comparison, Ghost of Tsushima's spec requirements are considerably lower.

IW1c3Ze.png

Very curious to see a DF video on this game.

Update:

Last edited:

MikeM

Nothing there seems overly demanding.

Edit: I looked at the wrong requirements box. My bad.

Last edited:
Probably early access like the slide says. Games are usually like that. Starship Troopers Extermination for example looked like a skunks butt and ran the same when it launched early access, now it looks & runs great on the same system

Reallink

Custom engine isn't it? Probably wildly inefficient and unoptimized, and probably also the reason there's no early access console version, they can't run the game anywhere near modern standards/expectations for this style of game. Consoles would be in the ballpark of 1080p/30 Medium based on this system requirement hierarchy, neither the CPU or GPU could handle anything close to a locked full time 60.

Last edited:

kikkis

Custom engine isn't it? Probably wildly inefficient and unoptimized, and probably also the reason there's no early access console version, they can't run the game anywhere near modern standards/expectations for this style of game. Consoles would be in the ballpark of 1080p/30 Medium based on this system requirement hierarchy, neither the CPU or GPU could handle anything close to a locked full time 60.
Based on ori, they use unity

drotahorror

I mean it is one great looking game that's for sure. Looks like a lot of physics going on too, from wind to rain to destruction.

The fact a dev said it runs 30-40fps on steamdeck gives me hope it's fairly optimized at lower settings atleast.

Bartski

Gold Member
ouch. Another reason to wait for 1.0, I keep saying that but it looks so great I know I'll probably cave and sour myself on it in 1080p/30

tmlDan

I mean it is one great looking game that's for sure. Looks like a lot of physics going on too, from wind to rain to destruction.

The fact a dev said it runs 30-40fps on steamdeck gives me hope it's fairly optimized at lower settings atleast.

are you for real? it does NOT look that great at all from a purely raw graphical fidelity perspective.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
So it's a shitty optimized game then

Yeah. Absolutely ridiculous that an "Early Access" game isn't as optimized as the final release after a couple of patches. What a load of crock. This game should come with a warning label to tell people the game is a work in progress!

Oh, wait, it does...

samoilaaa

Yeah. Absolutely ridiculous that an "Early Access" game isn't as optimized as the final release after a couple of patches. What a load of crock. This game should come with a warning label to tell people the game is a work in progress!

Oh, wait, it does...
be careful , its dangerous to have a brain these days
anyway this game looks like it has alot of physics going on so thats probably the reason for those specs

Last edited:

TexMex

Idk what half of you are on. Game looks stunning visually, just like their last two games. Can't wait for it. There's no scenario where I don't buy it 1.0, so may as well get in cheaper with early access.

But to reach 60 fps @ 1080p, you need 12600k + 3070Ti, which are significantly higher specs than current gen consoles.

GLYP7FkboAAFlCg

IW1c3Ze.png

Potential good news, as the developers are saying those specs are now outdated. Like you said, perhaps it'd be best to wait for DF.

GLYP7FkboAAFlCg

IW1c3Ze.png

That's a bit of a misleading statement man, they are recommending only a 2060 / 5600 for that specs at medium settings. Anyone rocking hardware that old is expecting to play a modern game on high? If so I'd like to have some of what they are smoking :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Just let's be thankful the 8gb VRam on a 3070 is somehow chugging along at this point.

Xyphie

A 6800 XT or 3070 Ti is like 4x faster than that GTX 970. So that Quality preset has to be massively more demanding (Raytracing etc) than the Performance preset for this to make any sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
That's a bit of a misleading statement man, they are recommending only a 2060 / 5600 for that specs at medium settings. Anyone rocking hardware that old is expecting to play a modern game on high? If so I'd like to have some of what they are smoking :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Just let's be thankful the 8gb VRam on a 3070 is somehow chugging along at this point.
You read the wrong spec box.

You read the wrong spec box.
Ah you put the ghost of tsushima below, ok, I see.

But the main point still stands, you're looking at quality preset when with old hardware you need to look at low to mid settings at the very maximum. There's probably things like RT and whatnot turned on in the quality preset which obviously can't run in older hardware.

Ah you put the ghost of tsushima below, ok, I see.

But the main point still stands, you're looking at quality preset when with old hardware you need to look at low to mid settings at the very maximum. There's probably things like RT and whatnot turned on in the quality preset which obviously can't run in older hardware.
Even if it had RT and other newer technologies, (which I highly doubt, no one just throws a RT requirement without specifying), there is absolutely no rationale to require a 12600k for CPU. The specs does not make any sense.

Comparing a older/cross gen game requirements to a 2025(retail release ) because?
Because CP2077 also came out in 2020 as a older/cross gen game but still being used as the benchmark for all newest hardwares?

You sounded as if we were not getting cross gen titles in 2024.

S0ULZB0URNE

Because CP2077 also came out in 2020 as a older/cross gen game but still being used as the benchmark for all newest hardwares?

You sounded as if we were not getting cross gen titles in 2024.
CP has been in development since the PS3.
Dated engine with newer tech thrown in the mix=super UN-optimized and needs beefy specs to shine.

I sound like No Rest For The Wicked is current gen and your comparisons aren't.

If 2020 PC hardware can't run a 2024-2025 game the way you think maybe PC gaming isn't for you or anyone else crying about dated hardware coming up short 🤷‍♂️

CP has been in development since the PS3.
Dated engine with newer tech thrown in the mix=super UN-optimized and needs beefy specs to shine.

I sound like No Rest For The Wicked is current gen and your comparisons aren't.

If 2020 PC hardware can't run a 2024-2025 game the way you think maybe PC gaming isn't for you or anyone else crying about dated hardware coming up short 🤷‍♂️
Super disingenuous. Just because CP2077 released a conceptual trailer in 2013 doesn't mean the development started then and everyone knew it. It's been used a benchmark because Nvidia partners with them for all their newest technologies.

Cyberpunk 2077 full development reportedly didn’t start until 2016

You wanna "current gen" comparison, fine how about Alan Wake 2?

• Graphics preset - Medium
  • Resolution - 1080p
  • FPS - 60
  • GPU - GeForce RTX 3070 / Radeon RX 6700 XT
  • VRAM - 8GB
  • DLSS / FSR2 - Performance
  • CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X or Intel equivalent
  • RAM - 16GB
  • OS - Windows 10/11 64-bit
  • Storage - 90GB SSD

Did I expect 2020 hardwares to run a "2025" $40 dollar indie game at 4k 120 fps? The specs they required is simply to run at 1080p, imagine defending this crap and call people crying, smh.

GymWolf

That is good news, but why didn't they update the specs sheets.
A bet a lot of people will be put off with those requirements and ignore the game.
Possibly true, but the same people can also check perf impressions after a couple of hours to check how the game run.

Last edited:

Tunned

Apart from the fact that it's early access, and 3070Ti for 1080p 60, how the fudge are people not seeing that it runs on a freaking GTX970 at 1080p 30!? Of course the requirements for quality setting are going to be lower...

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Apart from the fact that it's early access, and 3070Ti for 1080p 60, how the fudge are people not seeing that it runs on a freaking GTX970 at 1080p 30!? Of course the requirements for quality setting are going to be lower...
That’s why the requirements make no sense. You don’t go from 1080p/30 on a 970 to 1080p/60 on a 3070 Ti unless you add ray tracing by going from the lowest to highest preset.

Last edited:

Tunned

That’s why the requirements make no sense. You don’t go from 1080p/30 on a 970 to 1080p/60 on s 3070 Ti unless you add ray tracing by going from the lowest to highest preset.
I see what you mean. They should have put the 3070Ti under 4k60, in such case it would have been more believable.

Top Bottom