• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Noctis" Perfume is released from Versus XIII

what if versus was delayed so long so they could drop the RPG elements and other party members and turn it into a god tier character action game

or it will play like kingdom hearts 1

Comet

Things change. It was originally going to. In fact a big lot of SE's TGS plans got nerfed for some reason - even FFXIV's showing was scaled down.

I've gotten bit before for leaking stuff that didn't pan out the way I was told it would be. People need to be aware of the extreme amount of contingencies at play with things like this.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I've gotten bit before for leaking stuff that didn't pan out the way I was told it would be. People need to be aware of the extreme amount of contingencies at play with things like this.

Indeed. Things can change literally at the last minute behind the scenes despite previous plans.

Exentryk

He could get away with the timing, but he pretty much said PS4. I am still doubtful of Versus being next gen, given Nomura's previous comments. I dunno.

Spongebob

Banned
And if that's the case, how much different would the ps3 and ps4 versions differ? Will it be a ps3 game running on the ps4 or will there be two different versions? One built for the ps3 and one for the ps4?
A hypothetical PS4 version would probably be a PS3 port running at 1080p with more AA and possibly added content.

Stark

Banned
And if that's the case, how much different would the ps3 and ps4 versions differ? Will it be a ps3 game running on the ps4 or will there be two different versions? One built for the ps3 and one for the ps4?

I'm guessing a straight port. I don't think they can or want to fund any further into this.

OMG! Versus... it's going to happen. SE is going to be so redeemed in my eyes if they finally reveal it soon. And... it would be on the PS4? LordT. I'm going to pass out.

The perfume... meh.

doemaaan

I think if it was fully next-gen exclusive, people would get shafted moreso.

Not sure if SE cares at this point. People will still buy it. If it doesn't go next gen, then what? It'll release on the ps3 how far into next gen territory? And where the hell does KH3 fit in all of this? Isn't that supposed to be a ps3 game too?

It's nothing new, but several people, including myself, speculate that v13 will be a next gen title, while KH3 comes out on the ps3. Idk. Makes sense?

-Edit-
The game hasn't been in development that long.
Yea, I know, but we've still been waiting for that long. We were promised a ps3 version and here we are, speculation running rampant, that this game may have moved to next gen. It's unfair.

Spongebob

Banned
Not sure if SE cares at this point. People will still buy it. If it doesn't go next gen, then what? It'll release on the ps3 how far into next gen territory? And where the hell does KH3 fit in all of this? Isn't that supposed to be a ps3 game too?

It's nothing new, but several people, including myself, speculate that v13 will be a next gen title, while KH3 comes out on the ps3. Idk. Makes sense?

-Edit-

Yea, I know, but we've still been waiting for that long. We were promised a ps3 version and here we are, speculation running rampant, that this game may have moved to next gen. It's unfair.
That ship has sailed long ago. KH3 will almost certainly be a PS4 title.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SE certainly screwed around too much this generation. Here's to hoping they can straighten things out heading into the next.

Takuan

I'd rather Versus stay PS3 so that they can move onto something new for the inevitable Orbis titles.

OT but I love me some Unohana. I really, really hate that new issue. :(

Ah, she'll live. She'll probably go back to a crappy healer-type now.

Shinta

Banned
I'm pretty sure things would've been different for them, had ff14 been a success.

Part of XIII taking a long time was the cell hobbling crystal tools. I'm sure they're dying to move on to PS4. Development should be much faster, especially with XIV: ARR done.

Stark

Banned
SE certainly screwed around too much this generation. Here's to hoping they can straighten things out heading into the next.

I'm hoping for a good reset. They really need it. No FNC/Compilation stuff, different and many worlds just like they use to while having KH and that same decent portable line up.

Shinta

Banned
I'd rather Versus stay PS3 so that they can move onto something new for the inevitable Orbis titles.
Nah, this is the game that people have staked their reputation on. Just make it as bad ass as possible. Screw promises of PS3. Make the best game.

doemaaan

Part of XIII taking a long time was the cell hobbling crystal tools. I'm sure they're dying to move on to PS4. Development should be much faster, especially with XIV: ARR done.

I think I've also read somewhere that Luminous was built with game development in mind. Crystal Tools was a nightmare to create and use, so yea, hopefully next gen will be plenty smoother for them.

Shinta

Banned
I really hope you're joking. :p

Nope! PS3 had a good run. It still has a lot of awesome games on the way in 2013.

If The Last Guardian and Versus go PS4, I'd be happy. I'd rather just see the best version of the game possible at this point.

If it's on PS3 I'd be happy too, so it's win/win for me really.

Stark

Banned
Nope! PS3 had a good run. It still has a lot of awesome games on the way in 2013.

If The Last Guardian and Versus go PS4, I'd be happy. I'd rather just see the best version of the game possible at this point.

I don't know man. I don't want this to follow on into the next generation! There's also the importance of sales and an established install base. Which should take priority.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

At this point, I agree.

raven777

Yea I bought PS3 at launch for this game, but now I would rather have it come out on PS4 if that would help boos the visuals and gameplay.

Top Bottom