• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Northeast Championship (NEC) XII | Fighting game tournament | December 3-4

zlatko

Banned
Yeah. SFxT with a side of TTT2 and TxSF with a touch of SCV.

UMvC3
SFxT
Persona 4
Tekken Tag 2

I'll be playing all. I doubt I'll be hooked on P4 fighter, but P4 is my favorite game of all time and so there's no way I'd pass up on it. Tekken Tag 2 is my most hyped. SFxT is being bought only because Rolento is in it and he's my favorite fighting game character of all time.

I sucked at SF4, so v2012 does nothing for me, but I will love stream monstering it.

EVO 2012 will be super interesting to see what makes it for top 5 main games.

Edit: Commentary right now is ass. That's my only complaint about the tournament this weekend. Some of the shittiest commentary ever. Oh and the Nikon add. :/

alstein

UMvC3
SFxT
Persona 4
Tekken Tag 2

I'll be playing all. I doubt I'll be hooked on P4 fighter, but P4 is my favorite game of all time and so there's no way I'd pass up on it. Tekken Tag 2 is my most hyped. SFxT is being bought only because Rolento is in it and he's my favorite fighting game character of all time.

I sucked at SF4, so v2012 does nothing for me, but I will love stream monstering it.

EVO 2012 will be super interesting to see what makes it for top 5 main games.

Edit: Commentary right now is ass. That's my only complaint about the tournament this weekend. Some of the shittiest commentary ever. Oh and the Nikon add. :/

I think TTT2 may be held off until Jan 2013, esp if SC5 does really well saleswise, which it will. I hope it does as well, will give VF enough time to gain some traction- I think that game will do better then expected as a download title.

Had someone I know play the Persona fighter- they were impressed by it- it's no Hokuto.

My prediction is they go to 6 games

UMVC3
Apology Edition
SC5
KOF13
MK9
SF vs TK - this game is going to make it to EVO no matter how bad things get, but I expect we're going to see a hard backlash.

In order of entrants

As for UMVC3 and the sales, a couple of friends commented on how they thought the game wasn't selling well, because there weren't many scrubs online at all. I think that's a sign it's bombing among casuals. They said KOF has plenty of scrubs online. (they're good at both games) Also, many places weren't selling the game, or got very few copies locally.

zlatko

Banned
I think TTT2 may be held off until Jan 2013, esp if SC5 does really well saleswise, which it will.

Had someone I know play the Persona fighter- they were impressed by it- it's no Hokuto.

My prediction is this.

UMVC3
Apology Edition
SC5
KOF13
MK9

In order of entrants

I think there may be a fans vote game choice between BB, Skullgirls, and 3SO.

UMvC3
SF4
SFxT
MK9
SC5

If TT2 comes out before then, or P4 does and is great online like Blazblue, then I could see them easily kicking SC5/MK9 out of there, but I don't see a way in hell that any of the 3 I listed aren't at EVO2k12 as part of the top 5 main games.

I think TTT2 may be held off until Jan 2013, esp if SC5 does really well saleswise, which it will.

My prediction is they go to 6 games

UMVC3
Apology Edition
SC5
KOF13
MK9
SF vs TK - this game is going to make it to EVO no matter how bad things get, but I expect we're going to see a hard backlash.

In order of entrants

As for UMVC3 and the sales, a couple of friends commented on how they thought the game wasn't selling well, because there weren't many scrubs online at all. I think that's a sign it's bombing among casuals. They said KOF has plenty of scrubs online. (they're good at both games)

What about SF x T?

UMvC3
SF4
SFxT
MK9
SC5

If TT2 comes out before then, or P4 does and is great online like Blazblue, then I could see them easily kicking SC5/MK9 out of there, but I don't see a way in hell that any of the 3 I listed aren't at EVO2k12 as part of the top 5 main games.

I think for better or worse, Skullgirls is going to be on the lineup. I can see it replacing MK9, maybe SC5.

alstein

What about SF x T?

Forgot to put that in initially, fixed. If the game has some warts , EVO SFvsTK could get ugly in terms of stream monsters wanting other games in. Blazblue fans will likely be the saltiest, and deservedly so after last year's finals.

I think for better or worse, Skullgirls is going to be on the lineup. I can see it replacing MK9, maybe SC5.

I think Skullgirls will be an exhibition. MK9 will likely remain strong if it did well at NEC. I thought the game would die off after EVO, but it didn't. Props to NRS. A Namco game has to be at EVO, and SC5 will be it. SC gets good numbers, and if it's a good game it will keep those numbers. SC got a good reception at NEC.

*art walks out of his hotel room*
*proceeds to yell "RAPE CAM"*
KuGsj.gif

Masaki_

It wasn't "super hype," but I wouldn't call it "terrible."

Actually, it wasn't lack of hype. I'm also tired of people's obsession with hype. It was just shitty matches, Wesker vs Wesker, Viper being Viper, Dieminion's lameness, etc. I need a break from East Coast tournaments, maybe.

Top Bottom