• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No flips
tumblr_nh2iwp8CCr1tx8dnyo5_400.gif

only old meatheads

If Rusev got released tomorrow I would not give two shits about it, I have no idea how some of you shit on most of the most popular guys on the main roster but love this generic guy, his matches are boring as fuck, to the point that if you've seen one match of his you've basically seen it all. He's destined to be a midcarder for life and I'm 110% ok with that.

I actually quite like Rusev. I look forward to his matches on the card.

I like the people who obliterate others. The monsters. When he goes full berserker he's a joy to watch.

I actually quite like Rusev. I look forward to his matches on the card.

I like the people who obliterate others. The monsters. When he goes full berserker he's a joy to watch.

Except for when they always make him out to be an 80s villian

Perhaps that's why I like him so much. He's so clearly 80s wrestling heal it's great

Except for when they always make him out to be an 80s villian

Perhaps that's why I like him so much. He's so clearly 80s wrestling heal it's great

Vince's flow chart wins again

Born near Russia
Non-American Accent
Big enough to dominate people

Have him carry out a Russian flag and use some dark and moody Russian sounding music. Give him a Russian sounding Valet.
Make him win the US title

Can you imagine the heat?

Jamie OD

I was going to point out how spoilers ruining Impact for those who wait for the UK broadcast is a ridiculous reason when the episodes were taped months ago but I still see people get pissed at Lucha Underground being spoiled.

klonere

Banned
on the one hand it's true

on the other hand if the reason was the real one they'd already have a deal lined up lol

I believe the (in jeopardy) India deal is worth more then ours.

True, but the UK one has provided a solid, hot touring market for years to TNA. The India deal might be keeping them afloat for now I guess.

klonere

Banned
Imagine if anybody at TNA had any sort of finger on the pulse they could have rode the BritWres wave back to some sort of relevance. I mean last month we had a weekend with two independent shows drawing 6k+ people. In Ireland we just had a promotion run a triple shot of sold out shows for nearly 2k people. TNA with TV could easily get those numbers for a solid tour around the shop with the right names.

TNA being a meeting place for the US indies and BritWres plus big names like Lashley and the Hardys would be sweet. Instead they still have their hardon for ex WWE guys, including total no name PC castoffs with Will O'Spreay and Mandrews having 10 minute Xplosion matches.

Or they coulda just hired Riddle and ran Riddle vs Lashley. Or Cobb vs Lashley. Unnff.

PreFire

I'm predicting (plus what's known) the teams

Mens 5v5
Team RAW: Reigns, KO, Jericho, Strowman and (someone not in that Battle Royal because they were eliminated by Braun) I'll guess Rollins or maybe even Rusev, or an NXT call-up (I doubt they're that smart)

Team SD: Ambrose, Styles, Wyatt, Ziggler, and either Corbin, Curt Hawkins (please no) or James Ellsworth (even though he's not signed to a contract that I know of) or maybe even Miz who knows

Women's 5v5
Raw: Bayley, Nia Jax, Charlotte, maybe Dana Brooke and Sasha Banks.. They should call Asuka up lol or have Lana throw some tights on lol

SD: Nikki, Bliss, Lynch, Naomi and Carmella (such a small woman's roster on both sides)

Tag 5v5
Raw: New Day, Cesaro and Sheamus, the Club, Golden Truth, Primo and Epico
SD: Rhyno Slater, Ryder Rawley, American Alpha, Usos, and either Konnor Victor or the mustache guys lol

Brock vs Goldberg (I hope Shane interferes and gets revenge on Brock-cuz I believe that was the original storyline anyway when he was F5'ed-causing Goldberg to get disqualified, meaning he loses but doesn't get pinned in front of his wife and kid)

That's just "4" matches though. They'll probably throw a Kane vs who cares match in the mix, or actually include him in team SD lol

That's just "4" matches though. They'll probably throw a Kane vs who cares match in the mix, or actually include him in team SD lol

They have enough cruiserweights for a 5 vs 5 team TJP vs team Kendrick match, I hope they do one.

Or they coulda just hired Riddle and ran Riddle vs Lashley. Or Cobb vs Lashley. Unnff.

I just watched Riddle vs O'Reilly on BOLA night 2.

He's so different to everyone else. tna and wwf are crazy not to sign him, even if they're afraid he's going to be the next rvd (potwise)

Cobb's awesome too, though I'm not sure what his LU contract is like.

PreFire

They have enough cruiserweights for a 5 vs 5 team TJP vs team Kendrick match, I hope they do one.

That would be dope. But the way they've been treating the division they might as well do a Kane vs CWC squash match.

I'd love Samoa Joe, Nakamura or even Gargano up to the main roster already. Same with Roode, Aries but who knows how long they'll wait for that.

Hasney

It's amazing just how much they want Ibushi that they'll bring him in as an independent for certain dates if that's the only way they can have him.

Is Ibushi's hypothesis, "Is it cool to dive off from high places and land directly on my neck? Corollary: will anyone notice if I put on this really slipshod Tiger Mask mask and wrestle on a preshow match?"

imBask

Banned
what's with the billions of iphone notes screenshots when it comes to stories? who takes those? do you not have a computer and/or know how to copy paste text?

klonere

Banned
what's with the billions of iphone notes screenshots when it comes to stories? who takes those? do you not have a computer and/or know how to copy paste text?

All the notes come from https://twitter.com/reasonjp who translates interviews with Japanese wrestlers from a variety of sources (gong, njpwworld, Tokyo Sports etc.) He translates them on his iPhone and screenshots the translation, then tweets it out.

edit: TOP OF THE PAGE FLIP

KHwWc4u.gif

Fucking ICW, at least they know exactly what they are I suppose.

Is that the main event?

I think the main is Trent Seven vs Wolfgang for the title in a cage.

Rest of the card from memory:

Davey Boy vs Joe Hendry (If Hendry loses, he's gone for a year, so I assume he's off to ROH)
Carmel vs Viper vs KLR for Women's Title
Lewis Girvan vs Ricochet
Joe Coffey vs Kurt Angle
Polo Promotions vs The Dudleyz for Tag Title
Ladder clusterfuck with Lionheart for Zero-G Title

I'll still be signing up for a month of ICW OD to watch (and the Jimmy Havoc deathmatch tournament)

Top Bottom