• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| flipvember qdl flipvember

Hasney

Its kinda crazy how little of NXT Vince has probably seen.

I think they've said the Mania Takeover is the only one he's ever been to and considering they're always in the same place as the PPV, I doubt he watches it on TV or anything.

klonere

Banned
All that AJPW footage :(

When did NOAH get in the sad state in its now? I stopped watching NOAH not long after Misawa passed away and I'm guessing things just changed too much with Taue in charge?

Reading that KENTA was a GHC Heavyweight champion for over a year has blown my mind! I honestly don't even recognise many of the names on the AJPW and NOAH rosters looking though them.

NOAH has been "invaded" by Suzuki-gun aka Minoru Suzuki and a bunch of goons for like two years now. It has more or less killed the promotion and collapsed business due to the length of the storyline, with Destiny last year looking like the end with Marufuji finally defeating Suzuki to win the GHC Heavyweight title.

Then he lost it and THIS FEUD MUST CONTINUE. Shozaki also came in last year (again, having left for AJPW before) to a mixed reaction, won the belt to a very small crowd with no reaction and then lost it in much the same circumstances. Nakajima just won the belt so maybe now we are done with this fucking storyline? Nakajima may end up in NJPW now which would be hilarious.

Every other belt has been held up by Suzuki-gun in very similar circumstances for varying lengths of time and matches are replete with interference or desperate AJPW 90s tribute epics that overstay their welcome.

The whole mess has been overseen by Jado, who is head booker.

Recall

Thank you klonere and British Monsoon. Appreciate your insight.

So NJPW are number 1, Dragon Gate is second most popular promotion based on attendance and everything else like Wrestle-1, NOAH and AJPW are just limping along.

Jado's run as booker really has done a number on NOAH, but it's not like they were in a great state beforehand - losing their TV deal in 2009 and then the big Yakuza scandal hit them hard, then there was the blunder of getting rid of Kobashi which caused most of the Burning guys to quit in protest.

Just too much chaos and mismanagement over the past few years, so a similar situation to AJPW really.

klonere

Banned
Thank you klonere and British Monsoon. Appreciate your insight.

Jado's run as booker really has done a number on NOAH, but it's not like they were in a great state beforehand - losing their TV deal in 2009 and then the big Yakuza scandal hit them hard, then there was the blunder of getting rid of Kobashi which caused most of the Burning guys to quit in protest.

Just too much chaos and mismanagement over the past few years, so a similar situation to AJPW really.

And yes, I'm just covering the last few years of it but NOAH has had serious issues, even during their heyday. They never managed to truly replace Kobashi and Misawa on top, failing to pull the trigger on a variety of performers at the right times or just choosing the wrong ones or maybe the possibility that nobody of that caliber existed.

And yes, I'm just covering the last few years of it but NOAH has had serious issues, even during their heyday. They never managed to truly replace Kobashi and Misawa on top, failing to pull the trigger on a variety of performers at the right times or just choosing the wrong ones or maybe the possibility that nobody of that caliber existed.

I don't think I can forgive NOAH for squandering Morishima. Gabe booked Morishima better than NOAH did.

Kaladin

W12530.jpg

Uuuuuh.

Zach

That's actually....pretty good? Looks like one of those gangsta shirts you see getting sold at mall stands.
I don't think it's bad either. Except having her on it cheapens it. That's not a knock on her. Usually having a person on a shirt makes it look tacky. In my opine. Loves and kisses. Byyye.

Kaladin

I don't think it's bad either. Except having her on it cheapens it. That's not a knock on her. Usually having a person on a shirt makes it look tacky. In my opine. Loves and kisses. Byyye.

Yeah, if she's not there, you'll sell that shirt to anyone named Carmella.

Kaladin

The best parts of Raw continue to be JeriKO Braun Strowman's jobber world tour.

Is it wrong that Strowman getting tested in Survivor Series is the thing I look forward to most in this PPV?

I wish we didn't have his run as a Wyatt to remember. They should have put him in NXT for that time and have him learn there instead of learning from Brock Lesnar.

Toki767

Wouldn't be surprised if Ibushi's research was something along the lines of "I wonder if I'd be treated better if I didn't sign with them."

And seeing the Cruiserweight division on Raw, I'd imagine he would be right.

Tagyhag

Wouldn't be surprised if Ibushi's research was something along the lines of "I wonder if I'd be treated better if I didn't sign with them."

That's WWE in a nutshell.

Kaladin

One of two things would happen if Ibushi had signed and was a part of the CW division:

1) He would have got bored of it, gone back to Japan and never returned.

2) He would stick around and have the life drained out of him by working meaningless shit matches week after week.

On a similar note, I am now actually glad Sabre didn't sign. He's a talent that will eventually get in on NXT the regular way as a heavyweight.

jmdajr

Just FYI..I saw a 6 year old yesterday Trick or Treating in my neighborhood.
He was dressed as the one and only..

...Dean Ambrose! Wife Beater/Jeans/Title belt.

I said. "That's Dean Ambrose! That's Dean Ambrose brother!"

I put the little dude over!

Kaladin

Did you pedigree him on the front lawn after handing him his candy?

klonere

Banned
Friends, stick with me on this one

Strongman vs Goldberg, 5 minute squash on PPV for Strongman.

Then he beats that fan who holds the belt the next night on Raw. Next PPV he beats up HHH. New boom era for wrestling.

Who is with me

Hasney

Should have called out his workrate and say that you're from the internet.

Then he beats that fan who holds the belt the next night on Raw. Next PPV he beats up HHH. New boom era for wrestling.

Who is with me

I mean, I won't be watching, so he can merge it with the TNA world title for all I care.

Who is with me

strowman was dead to me the day brock germaned him.

Kaladin

Strowman is legit the best improved wrestler this year. He went from awkward as fuck with the Wyatts to legit bad ass looking big man tossing fools around like rag dolls.

Vince is probably going to hold his family at gun point to get him to sign.

" Damnit Hunter, don't ask me for anymore favours."

jmdajr

Strowman is legit the best improved wrestler this year. He went from awkward as fuck with the Wyatts to legit bad ass looking big man tossing fools around like rag dolls.

Going solo was the best move for him. I think Survivor series is going to really put him over.

MG310

Wonder if they are going to go towards Roman/Strowman - only way I see either one getting knocked out of that Survivor Series match is if they attack each other.

There's no way Ibushi is ever signing to a full-time deal, just can't see it happening after how much he complained about the travel with NJPW - and their schedule isn't anywhere as near as insane as WWE's. Also, I don't think WWE will let him run people over with go karts, go crazy with fireworks or jump off of shit for no good reason.

oLV0Nnw.gif

FjjR7sl.gif

LFDlqAc.gif

I don't believe you, you don't put people over.

Pikma

Banned
Stro has a Discord Channel but it's kinda dead most of the time, would any of you guys be interested in a true WrassleGAF discord? we have enough people in this community to make it work really well. I run the NHL one and it's super active eventhough we have way less people

FlammableD would you be willing to promote it in the OP if I made one?
Don't let this carny ass fool you, he runs the NHL one like shit and it's pretty much dead most of the time with people just using it to talk about anime or some dumb shit like that, worst channel handling ever

imBask

Banned
Don't let this carny ass fool you, he runs the NHL one like shit and it's pretty much dead most of the time with people just using it to talk about anime or some dumb shit like that, worst channel handling ever

hey I segregated the Anime people, i'm a damn hero

If only that went through. Wyatt vs Lesnar would have been a hell of a lot more enjoyable then the twenty-minute boring beatdown of Dean Ambrose by Brock Lesnar feat the occasional chair and kendo stick shot.

If only that went through. Wyatt vs Lesnar would have been a hell of a lot more enjoyable then the twenty-minute boring beatdown of Dean Ambrose by Brock Lesnar feat the occasional chair and kendo stick shot.

It wouldn't have been, sadly.

The reason that match was garbage was because brock refused to do anything because he already knew he was having a UFC fight in a few months and he didn't want to risk getting injured. Even if vince hadn't abandoned it, brock probably wouldn't have even gotten in the ring with anyone as green as strowman.

Fox318

W25b0ov.png

Poor Strowman. HHH probably told him to no-sell to look strong but no one gave Brock the message.
Best moment of the year.

You just know Brock doesn't watch any wrestling so he doesn't know of Vinces shit plan of pushing somebody like him.

As far as Brock knew some fucking nobody was attempting to no sell his shit.

And he wasn't gonna have any of that.

Top Bottom