• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2016 [Up1: Fire Emblem]

ethomaz

Banned
I mean in general. Obviously PC isn't counted in that chart
My estimate for WW sales was over 500k with NPD ~200k.
PC account for ~130k (SteamSpy).

Now I'm inclined to say WW sales is well over 500k... 600-700k to be fair.

PS4 ~550k
PC ~130k

And NPD is missing SFV bundles I guess.

SFV bomba worldwide confirm. Take that L Capcom. Put content in your game nexttime.
Look at my estimates... pretty solid sales.

Welfare

^ Well then that settles that!

Hey, is the VentureBeat article right on Lego? Zhuge has the PS4 version being the top seller, so just want to make sure.

Boke1879

Street Fighter IV debuted at 849,000 copies.

After 10 years of no new Street Fighter. SF4 had the luxury of that thirst. SFV not so much. Which is why you see them now pretty much going the service model route with this game. Wouldn't be shocked if they offered a f2p version soon. They should have done that to begin with imo.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Zhuge told me on Twitter there is a mistake with Lego...

CdOUAZBWwAAb_Ao.jpg:large

The real best selling version of Lego was the PS4 version, not the 360.

I wonder how Capcom will come away from this.

(A) "We shouldn't have released the game before all the content was ready to go"

or the more likely scenario....

(B) "Oh, we should have made SFV a mobile game, duh!"

Loudninja

PlayStation Store: February’s Top Downloads
1 Firewatch
2 Far Cry Primal
3 Rocket League
4 NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4
5 Street Fighter V
6 Need for Speed
7 Madden NFL 16
8 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition
9 Grand Theft Auto V
10 Call of Duty: Black Ops III
11 STAR WARS Battlefront
12 Battlefield 4
13 EA SPORTS FIFA 16
14 NBA 2K16
15 Life is Strange
16 Unravel
17 Battlefield Hardline
18 Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment
19 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
20 Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/04/playstation-store-februarys-top-downloads/

mrmickfran

surprised to see one FE version in top 10. i didn't think it would chart even if you combined both.

they count pokemon separate and those games are much more similar to each other when it comes to paired versions.
Didn't know that they counted Pokemon separately.
Yep. For Pokémon I could understand the reasoning, but even on Smash Bros they combined Wii U and 3DS. So it seems to be on a case by case basis.

Combined would've been higher of course, but individual is amazing anyway considering is Fire Emblem.

I can't even imagine how the numbers would be if they combined them.

Three pages and no one has said "Naruto beat SFV? I can't believe it."

SpotAnime

Wow, that's a hell of an achievement. Fire Emblem went from being persona non grata a few years ago to quickly becoming an A-tier franchise for Nintendo.

Well, not only is it a great game, but also a hell of a value. So much game there. Hopefully people are picking it up not just for its quantity but it's quality.

Glad to see SFV charted. I really hope the game survives the rocky start.
The force is strong...I believe it will rebound

Naruto beat SFV?

Man Capcom, you sure do fucking suck, lol.

No one to blame but themselves. They wanted to get it out before the tourneys at the expense of the game. Hope it was worth the tradeoff.
Naruto games are awesome! Dunno why people keep giving them shade, that anime is very successful in the west and this is the game ending the series story wise. Its kinda a big deal to fans, I’m heavily into fighters, but i’m still gonna buy it event though it’s not a super deep system.

SFV bomba worldwide confirm. Take that L Capcom. Put content in your game nexttime.
Don’t hate son, we’re a growing community, SFV is just starting off slow you hear! I’m keeping the faith alive! this will be a Driveclub story in a year

AniHawk

bad month for most players. good on sony for having a platform that's up year over year. they're still struggling with the younger demographic though. maybe they can turn it around with ratchet and some other stuff this year.

Well, that didn't take long lol.

Naruto is a big seller, people. It was always going to chart above SFV. Never mind the multiplatform advantage it has.

I also don't know why SFV's position means anything. Don't exclusives typically chart lower since they are up against multiplatform titles?

I'm not saying SFV didn't do poorly. However, some of you are reaching for the stars.

I still don't understand how ninja storm does so well. It's such a one trick pony.
Clash of Ninja didn't die for this.

FE did better than I expected, I suppose.
This is the Shippuden game ending the series, and it looks amazing! Seriously, have you guys played naruto games or just crapping on Anime in general?

Why so surprised they are selling well?

Primal did better than expected in my book, even if it was a slow month.
Poor debut for SFV, great news for Fire Emblem.

Naruto being the fourth is any month is.. impressive in one sense. Worrying in terms of numbers slightly.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
When was the last time 3 anime-styled games were in the top 10, 1999?

Probably not nearly that far back, but it was Wii/DS era I bet.

I imagine with the recent announcement of MS focusing on PCs more and the WiiU doing poorly that the hardware drop was going to happen regardless of how well the ps4 does

Ryng_tolu

Banned
I repost this in case someone missed it. There is a mistake with Lego. The real best selling version is the PS4 version, not the 360.

vareon

With how Japanese Birthright looked, plus all the censorship and cut content stuff covered in gaming media, how untraditional the version releases were, plus 3DS's sunset, I actually thought Fates would open lower than Awakening.

But it's not! Fire Emblem is here to stay.

Top Bottom