• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2016

Wouldn't be surprised to see new hardware from MS at e3 but we will see

I'll def go next box over neo if its really more powerful and doesn't have a bad ui like they have now.

Those sales are getting pretty dire , especially considering ww

3rdbass

Banned
I don't know why but I expected uc4 to sell more. Uc3 had much stiffer competition and less advertising than uc4

Well UC4 did sell alot more than UC3 according to Queso. It just didn't hit the 1 million mark with lower install base than the PS3 had when UC3 came out in the holiday season.

Toki767

It is hard to believe that Nintendo feels no sense of urgency to reveal the NX sooner. Wii U is beyond done. Also, how much do we suspect that GTA V sold this month? I'm betting Battleborn is a lot closer to that than Doom.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the NX can't be launched this year than they have no sense of urgency.

Who's still buying GTA 5 and Minecraft.

giphy.gif

Elios83

It is hard to believe that Nintendo feels no sense of urgency to reveal the NX sooner. Wii U is beyond done. Also, how much do we suspect that GTA V sold this month? I'm betting Battleborn is a lot closer to that than Doom.

Even if they reveal it it's not like they can fix their current sales situation until it's released, also they would give more time to their competitors to react.
But I guess Nintendo's problem with the NX is that they're simply not ready especially on the software side. First impression is very important.

Phamit

Well Theres is no urge, because revealing the nx won't fix the current Situation.

FiggyCal

Banned
It's well above uc3..so it's not below 700k.

I thought the wording was ambiguous. And if they're going to be ambiguous, might as well go for the negative. Unless they meant it did better than Uncharted Golden Abyss, which was the first Uncharted game to come out after Uncharted 3. In which case Uncharted 4 would be the most successful after Uncharted 3.

I thought the wording was ambiguous. And if they're going to be ambiguous, might as well go for the negative. Unless they meant it did better than Uncharted Golden Abyss, which was the first Uncharted game to come out after Uncharted 3. In which case Uncharted 4 would be the most successful after Uncharted 3.

Cosmo already posted it is well above uc3.......

Cosmic already clarified. UC4 is closer to 1M than it is 700K.

Di3go_TiroC3rto

Neo Member
Yeah...well, I shouldn't be shocked. Are there any games for WiiU anymore? Seems like its been a wasteland for months.

And this is in America, their "strongest" territory. Only other one might be UK and Brazil? But even that news came out today that MS isn't happy with UK sales as well.

But yeah, I think MS has essentially lost every territory at this point. And if Sony has a year headstart with the NEO? Ohh man, fucking forget it. It's over. 2 tflop extra ain't even gonna save you.

Actually, both consoles are around the same price in Brazil now and anecdotally, most people I know bought a PS4, by far

Asd202

Eh at this point it's better they get NX reveal right they don't want another Wii U.

I knew that uncharted 4 wouldn't do over a million on npd. Only the new God of War can. Like the God of War 3 which outsold Pokemon in that month.

AdanVC

February-April were great (relatively) for Nintendo. Fire Emblem did great, Pokken and Twilight Princess did great, Star Fox did better than it should've done based on critical reception, the 3DS put up decent numbers in February and March, and they were the top software publisher in April. This month is bad because they're not releasing anything. Can't sell what you don't have.

Well that's true but I'm still salty you know :( Especially after this month where other consoles got lot's of awesome games while Wii U got nothing. Not even shovelware. Nada.

thelastword

Banned
Minecraft sold more on PS4, is that a first? PS4 steamrolled in software this month, it's the best selling platform for every game except Blackops, but then again it probably still moved more copies on that platform because there's a PS4 blacktops bundle.

Rephin

Doom at #2 brings a smile to my face. Well deserved! I thought Overwatch would take 2nd, but I guess that game would have a higher than average digital ratio thanks to PC. Did not expect Battleborn charting this high. Uncharted at #1 was expected.

Smether

2k16 is now free for ps+, but did well, this month's playoffs and finals sure to help. The show also strong. Battleborn perhaps launching at a crowded time? And Sony dominant!

Rozart

Nicee job, ND. Very nice! Very well-deserved as always. UC4 was fantastic.

I'm honestly really surprised that Doom> Overwatch. Was definitely not expecting that.

Sterok

Well that's true but I'm still salty you know :( Especially after this month where other consoles got lot's of awesome games while Wii U got nothing. Not even shovelware. Nada.

Only so much a single publisher can do for a failed system, especially when they have something more important to support right now.

Thankfully the Nintendo is publishing two Wii U games in June. And they're both crossovers. The newest addition of the multi-million selling Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series, and the brand new Tokyo Mirage Sessions combining two growing JRPG series, which generated much excitement at its reveal.

Hyun Sai

Well, numbers were confusing at first, but then I remember Battleborn launched May 3, Uncharted 4 May 10, Doom May 13, and Overwatch May 24.

All is well.

ps3ud0

The install base will be bigger and if it launches in the Holiday season it probably will.
I doubt it - I have a feeling that franchise already has fatigue like Halo did. Needs to do something mechanically spectacular to get those sales.

ps3ud0 8)

Top Bottom