• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

The Band
"For anyone not familiar with The Beatles, I have included the following short history:
One of New Zealand’s most experimental power-punk trios, The Beatles made an indelible mark on the 1984 Featherston Bake Off and Talent Competition. Although they first formed in 1972, rugby meets and supper time prevented the Terrif Trio, as they were known, from properly practicing until twelve years later. Following a whirlwind tour of secondary school dances and friends’ weddings, their popularity exploded when they traveled abroad, playing to a Wednesday evening crowd of at least 200 at one Melbourne club. Due to a lack of stamps, no one knows where the Fellas from Fetherston are today, though many believe them to be lost in American Mid-West, as their rental car has yet to be returned to the Cleveland Avis office."

Wat?

Montresor

johnFkennedy said:
The Band
"For anyone not familiar with The Beatles, I have included the following short history:
One of New Zealand’s most experimental power-punk trios, The Beatles made an indelible mark on the 1984 Featherston Bake Off and Talent Competition. Although they first formed in 1972, rugby meets and supper time prevented the Terrif Trio, as they were known, from properly practicing until twelve years later. Following a whirlwind tour of secondary school dances and friends’ weddings, their popularity exploded when they traveled abroad, playing to a Wednesday evening crowd of at least 200 at one Melbourne club. Due to a lack of stamps, no one knows where the Fellas from Fetherston are today, though many believe them to be lost in American Mid-West, as their rental car has yet to be returned to the Cleveland Avis office."

Wat?

Lol I laughed at this one too. I think it's meant to be a joke.

xbhaskarx said:
How obvious does a joke have to be for you to realize it's a joke?
It's the fucking Beatles, everyone knows who they are.

Yeah clearly,I mean they once played to a crowd of 200 at a Melbourne club.

coamithra

Please someone explain the logistics behind using three mics.

- Does the game come with additional mics?
- How does it work with wired guitars/drumkits?
- How does it work with the wireless internet adapter?
- Do you also need to have controllers connected (do they need to be wireless?)
- How will you hold the mic and your guitar/drumsticks?

The harmony singing is my favorite feature but it sounds like it'll be a hassle to setup.

Aaron

coamithra said:

The harmony singing is my favorite feature but it sounds like it'll be a hassle to setup.
You do need a controller per mic, but the big set will come with a stand, and you can also use any USB mic or any headset. Also works with LIPS mics as mentioned.

AMUSIX

coamithra said:

Game Special Edition and Value Edition comes with 1 mic, will work with most any USB mic, the M.I.C from MadCatz, or the wireless LIPS mic.

Game regards all singers under the same player. That is, 4 players = Drums, Bass, Guitar, Vox 1, 2, 3. That is, ONE controller handles all three mics.

Ideally you would use wireless instrument, and then connect two wired mics and 1 wireless. However, if you need to connect more things to USB ports (wireless internet/wired controllers/etc) then you can use any powered USB hub. Because the Value Edition comes with wired instruments (at least wired drums, not sure about the guitar) it is also supposed to contain a powered hub.

Three wired instruments + three wired mics + internet adaptor would require at least two powered USB hubs.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
KTallguy said:
Maybe I can score a guitar on the cheap somewhere. Hmmmm.
There's always cheap Guitar Hero guitars at local stores. Check out Toys R Us, Best Buy, and Wal*Mart for cheap affordable guitars.

coamithra

AMUSIX said:
Game Special Edition and Value Edition comes with 1 mic, will work with most any USB mic, the M.I.C from MadCatz, or the wireless LIPS mic.

Game regards all singers under the same player. That is, 4 players = Drums, Bass, Guitar, Vox 1, 2, 3. That is, ONE controller handles all three mics.

Ideally you would use wireless instrument, and then connect two wired mics and 1 wireless. However, if you need to connect more things to USB ports (wireless internet/wired controllers/etc) then you can use any powered USB hub. Because the Value Edition comes with wired instruments (at least wired drums, not sure about the guitar) it is also supposed to contain a powered hub.

Three wired instruments + three wired mics + internet adaptor would require at least two powered USB hubs.
Ah thanks. Haven't read any solid info on this in any of the (p)reviews.

My setup is 1 wired guitar 1 wired drumkit 1 wireless internet adapter. I'm assuming I could use a wireless controller with usb headset and 2 LIPS mics?

Is LIPS any good? ;)

Aaron

ZombieSupaStar said:
ugh isnt the rockband 1 guitar the one that always breaks?
Mine is fine. They also did a revision of the original version to fix the bit that breaks.

KaYotiX

Banned
Beautiful thread Amusix!!

Damn the 9th is so far away......i also want those Beatles guitars, damn $100 price tag for them

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I prefer Beatle Quest, an obscure Commodore 64 text adventure written almost entirely from The Beatle's lyrics, and says "Goo Goo G'Joob" when it doesn't understand, and says "You'll get by with a little help from your friends" if you ask for help.

AMUSIX

BigBlackGamer said:
How does this game work?
You set up microphones aroudn the room, then you and all your girlfriends get together and try to out scream the crowd while the Beatles play a song.

HUELEN10

BigBlackGamer said:
How does this game work?
"Do You Want To Know A Secret"? Like all RockBand games, this is a "Revolution" in the way it works, from both a single-player or multi-player perspective. "I Got a Feeling" that "You Won't See Me" not get by "With a Little Help From My Friends".

sorry :(

FearX

Neo Member
Rewrite said:
:lol Trying to outscream the fans would be so awesome.

and would require some deaf neighbours or sound proof rooms... i wouldnt mind having that as a little minigame after singing a song :D

operon

Damn love the OP and the short history of the band a riot as
as for the ones that couldn't see the joke shame on ye did he need to use tags?

mario ate my burger said:
I'd like to get it, but if it's too easy it's just not gonna be fun, tbh. Yes, gold staring songs on your first try isn't fun :(

GH:A was the same.

Never understood this, personally. Weezer, Gorillaz, Luscious Jackson, Beck. All have songs that are easy as fuck in Rock Band. All are a fucking blast to play.

Because they are awesome.

Totally hyped for this, Limited Edition is pre-ordered, so I just have to wait :D

A short text on Instrument Compatibility would be useful in the OP, I think.

Yessssss.

Sadly only going to get the game since I'm a poor college student, but I'll be asking for one of the Beatles guitars for Christmas.

Awesome thread, AMUSIX!

I can't wait for this game, just one more week plus one day. I'm wondering if the Abbey Road medley will be a higher price than a typical single song.

Maybe they can do Beach Boys next, my dad would freak (and surf guitar could be fun).

Come on 9/9/09!!!

painey

Milchmonster said:
Totally hyped for this, Limited Edition is pre-ordered, so I just have to wait :D

A short text on Instrument Compatibility would be useful in the OP, I think.

whats in the limited edition?

Does anyone know how much of the 160 points for 'All You Need is Love' is going to the charity?
Just interested about the breakdown.

megashock5 said:
I can't wait for this game, just one more week plus one day. I'm wondering if the Abbey Road medley will be a higher price than a typical single song.
You can only play the medley as a whole if you're buying the whole album. If you only wanted to buy the medley you had to pay the normal price ($2) for every part of it and you won't be able to play it as a whole.

painey said:
whats in the limited edition?
Oh, I see, Amusix called it Special Edition.

So, Rock Band: Beatles DLC isn't available for the rest of Rock Band? IE, I can't skip out on the retail purchase and still buy Abbey Road?

If true (and I suspect it is?), that makes me sad in my pants.

I can't believe how ugly the character models are. I mean, Ringo looks okay because he's always been a glass eyed monkey, but the rest and Paul especially are just nightmare enducing.

Son of Godzilla said:
I can't believe how ugly the character models are. I mean, Ringo looks okay because he's always been a glass eyed monkey, but the rest and Paul especially are just nightmare enducing.
i suppose you think your avatar there is completely unscary and normal, because i think the character models are awesome.

if they'd gone for totally realistic, those would have been nightmare inducing. this are identifiable and stylish imho.

preordered, of course. It's a kinda bummer I have to buy RB2 to get all the other bands' downloadable songs, but ultimately I dont give a frak

TwiztidElf said:
PAUL IS DEAD!!!!

2416mav.gif

jas0

Neo Member
I'm all set:

PS3
2 singstar mics
2 mic stands
1 guitar

The Beatles Rock Band Special Bundle
guitar
drums
mic
mic stand

You only need one controller for the 3 mics. Then you just select Harmony mode instead of solo and any of the 3 mics can sing any part of the lead or harmony track.

Top Bottom