• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

Yaweee

Blu_LED said:
Terrible title and awful banner. You fail at life Amusix.

Don't listen to this guy!

I hate overindulgent OPs, but this one is good. The NUJV and "And Your Friends Can Sing" are both nice Beatles references, while the latter also describes one of the largest improvements in the game. The banner is awesome, as is the useful "History" for people that have been living in a cave.

K' Dash

will this game be compatible with RB1 and RB2, can I transfer the tracks to RB Beatles?

Will get this day 1, just want to know if I'll be able to play all of my RB awesomeness in one pack.

ravien56 said:
It's gonna be Help!
Also, I don't get the NUJV reference.
Really obscure reference.

help1.jpg

That is the album cover for Help!. They're arms are out like that because they are trying to spell "Help" using flag semaphore. But when shooting for the album cover they thought it didn't look good. So they repositioned their arms and it came out to spell NUJV.

Helpalbum-Wikipediathefreeencyclope.jpg

El-Suave

Have Harmonix said anything about if and how limited the extra guitar peripherals will be?

My old Rock Band 1 guitar crapped out a while ago and I'm playing with a standalone GH World Tour guitar right now, that I've gotten really cheap. I want another guitar (preferrably the Gretsch Duo Jet), but I can't afford one this month with all the other games coming out. In November or even December I could afford one easily, but I'm afraid that that might be too late. But then again the whole genre isn't that popular here in Germany, so they still might be available.

DukeSucks

Great OP. I was on the fence with this game until I saw it in action at the Best Buy demo. The interface looked really good and now I'm looking forward to it.

karobit

Great OP! I'm really excited for this game.

I'm wondering what the likelihood of post-Beatles DLC would be. None of them as solo artists approached what they did as Beatles, but having some of their solo stuff would be pretty great.

Also slowly giving up hope that multiple vocalists are something that could be patched into existing RB/RB2, which means it'll be another year or so before we can get them on regular DLC. I don't wanna wait that long for more B-52s :(

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Manguy said:

I'm wondering what the likelihood of post-Beatles DLC would be. None of them as solo artists approached what they did as Beatles, but having some of their solo stuff would be pretty great.

Also slowly giving up hope that multiple vocalists are something that could be patched into existing RB/RB2, which means it'll be another year or so before we can get them on regular DLC. I don't wanna wait that long for more B-52s :(
There has been talk of solo projects being available as standard Rock Band DLC (Wings is already available in Guitar Hero for example), and AMUSIX was hinting in the Rock Band thread that there is alot of 'hidden' data on the DLC. Take that as you will.

Manguy said:

you haven't been waiting as long as those of us that want to see rhythm guitar back.

i'm happy with what we've got.

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
plagiarize said:
you haven't been waiting as long as those of us that want to see rhythm guitar back.

i'm happy with what we've got.

No kidding. I don't expect to be able to have two guitars, bass, and drums on the same screen, but at least give us the option to pick between bass and rhythm guitar. Although it would of been so cool if you could play TB:RB with everyone playing the part of one of the Fab Four, i.e. the bass player singing the songs Paul sang while the others did the harmony bits. If only tvs were 2:35 ratio, then we could fit everyone one the same screen.:D

karobit

plagiarize said:

Rhythm guitar isn't that important to me. Obviously you can't map everything onto one guitar part but songs that feature vocal interplay with two or more singers far outnumber songs with dueling guitar solos and what not.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love to see it, I'm just saying, not as high on the list.

ravien56

Blu_LED said:

help1.jpg

That is the album cover for Help!. They're arms are out like that because they are trying to spell "Help" using flag semaphore. But when shooting for the album cover they thought it didn't look good. So they repositioned their arms and it came out to spell NUJV.

Huh...

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Review copies are supposed to be sent out to majority of the major press soon. Many may already have their copies. Embargo is 9/5 and there are no "unboxing" articles permitted.

Buying the game solo. I've got enough plastic instruments, thank you. Although I would like a mic or two... Maybe Lips would be a good purchase...

What happened to the SKU that was mistaken for being a Singstar game? The Beatles: Rockband +2 (wireless) mics for £50-£60 would be a pretty good deal. Or did I just imagine that?

I pre-ordered the game a week or two ago and I can't wait!

The OP would've been better if Ralys had made it instead of Amusix the fauxer. He doesn't even know the real history of the Beatles.

Milchmonster said:
You can only play the medley as a whole if you're buying the whole album. If you only wanted to buy the medley you had to pay the normal price ($2) for every part of it and you won't be able to play it as a whole.

Interesting. Wonder if Wii owners are screwed here as they aren't albums or pack downloads, just single song downloads IIRC.

olimpia84

Already pre-ordered my copy from Amazon but it will take a few days before I can play the game since I chose free shipping.

This is my first RB game (only played GH previously) so I hope I can get used to the RB guitar which I already find a bit harder to use.

Already have it it pre-ordered. Really excited for this game.

Will probably try for the Day Tripper achievement the day it comes out. Yay Beatles!

legend166 said:
Wait, what?

There are preorder bonus tracks? This isn't right, right?

It's been listed for a while now.

Gamestop said:
Reserve The Beatles: Rock Band and receive 3 FREE game songs by The Beatles, PLUS a code to unlock an in-game photo book album. Available for online and in-store customers while supplies last.

not a beatles fan (too young) - blasphemous I know but I'll probably check this out since everyone is pre-cumming over it. plus the graphic style impresses me.

DevelopmentArrested said:
not a beatles fan (too young) - blasphemous I know but I'll probably check this out since everyone is pre-cumming over it. plus the graphic style impresses me.
Too young to be a Beatles fan?
Whatthefuckisthisshit?

birdman

Blu_LED said:
Too young to be a Beatles fan?
Whatthefuckisthisshit?

This. I know there are plenty of kids these days many years younger than me (I'm only 21) that are totally into the Beatles. Hell I just stared getting into them no more than a month ago.

EazyB

Banned
Originally I was only buying this for the GF but after listening to a bunch of Beatles albums in anticipation, my hype for the game has grown tremendously.

Manguy said:
Rhythm guitar isn't that important to me. Obviously you can't map everything onto one guitar part but songs that feature vocal interplay with two or more singers far outnumber songs with dueling guitar solos and what not.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love to see it, I'm just saying, not as high on the list.
not as high on your personal list perhaps, but i'd be surprised if more songs have multiple vocalists than three guitarists.

would have been so cool if each person could have played one of the Beatles's parts... but not to be.

i think the annoying thing for me about rhythm is that we had it in GH2 as an alternative to bass on songs where bass sucks, and have never gotten it back despite lots of songs released subsequently having much more interesting rhythm guitar parts than base guitar.

plus, the rhythm songs were more fun than the bass songs for a lot of people.

Blu_LED said:

help1.jpg

I'm picturing Beatles fans being lost at sea and trying to flag a passing ship and the guy on the other end going, "NUJV? are they drunk?" :lol

Top Bottom