• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
painey said:
what is message of the day?
A random daily message at the title screen. It usually consists of "XXX new DLC is out!" or "Billtvshow is the best singer ever!!!"

painey said:
what is message of the day?
A little message on the main menu of RB2 that says something like "there's a new challenge for all of you Metal fans! Whoop whoop chicken soup!"

It won't be in TB:RB though, just highlighting how small the differences between 360/PS3 are.

LCfiner

super excited for this game. I wish I could actually sing so that I could take advantage of the effort gone into melodies.

the full album downloads for this one are gonna kill me. I’ll get them all, I know it. :lol

PedroRVD

Awesome thread Amusix! Great job!

Im so excited because a friend will bring the game here to Ecuador on 10th! woohooo!

olimpia84

Meier said:
Excellent OP. Got some code from Amazon for pre-ordering.. seems like it doesn't really give you any rewards but you get news I guess. I am sure 15 people have already said this but oh well. :lol

How long did it take you to get the code? I pre-ordered the game yesterday and still got nothing.

MrOctober

Banned
Anybody in this thread that is completely new to the genre and just buying the game because it's the greatest band of all time (this cannot be argued), or anyone posting here who's never been to the Official Rock Band Thread please come post in there as well.

olimpia84 said:
How long did it take you to get the code? I pre-ordered the game yesterday and still got nothing.

Mine took a week, but there is nothing on the beatles site that isnt instant leaked to the net.

MrOctober

Banned
AMUSIX said:
For anyone not familiar with The Beatles, I have included the following short history:
One of New Zealand’s most experimental power-punk trios, The Beatles made an indelible mark on the 1984 Featherston Bake Off and Talent Competition. Although they first formed in 1972, rugby meets and supper time prevented the Terrif Trio, as they were known, from properly practicing until twelve years later. Following a whirlwind tour of secondary school dances and friends’ weddings, their popularity exploded when they traveled abroad, playing to a Wednesday evening crowd of at least 200 at one Melbourne club. Due to a lack of stamps, no one knows where the Fellas from Fetherston are today, though many believe them to be lost in American Mid-West, as their rental car has yet to be returned to the Cleveland Avis office.

This is seriously among the most amazing and funniest things I've read on gaf, easily.

Ridley327

MrOctober said:
This is seriously among the most amazing and funniest things I've read on gaf, easily.

If you want funny and sad, try to make sense of this monstrosity.

I have a couple of notes that aren't addressed in the OP yet:

-The first piece of DLC that's being released for the game is All You Need Is Love, which launches with the game next Wednesday. The catch? It's a timed 360 exclusive for three months, so PS3 and Wii owners won't be able to play it until December.

-Next week also sees the release of the long-awaited and much-anticipated album remasters, which will cover all 13 studio albums and the Past Masters collection. Early reviews have been unanimously laudatory, so make sure to pick some of them up with your copy of the game.

-This game is going to rock.

xbhaskarx

JonathanEx said:
The only problems I've really heard with PS3 versions are the lack of 'message of the day', DLC being 2 days later, and uhm, Rock Band Network being limited? Nothing huge, I would think. Others may correct moi.

Those three negatives combined are more than a negligible difference. And if the Rock Band Network really takes off, that could be a huge negative for the PS3 Rock Band platform.

Also: All You Need Is Love is 360 exclusive for a few months.

Ridley327 said:

-The first piece of DLC that's being released for the game is All You Need Is Love, which launches with the game next Wednesday. The catch? It's a timed 360 exclusive for three months, so PS3 and Wii owners won't be able to play it until December.

-Next week also sees the release of the long-awaited and much-anticipated album remasters, which will cover all 13 studio albums and the Past Masters collection. Early reviews have been unanimously laudatory, so make sure to pick some of them up with your copy of the game.

WTF?! Who pissed in his cornflakes?

ravien56

xbhaskarx said:
Those three negatives combined are more than a negligible difference. And if the Rock Band Network really takes off, that could be a huge negative for the PS3 Rock Band platform.
We still get the best songs from RBN.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
MrOctober said:
Anybody in this thread that is completely new to the genre and just buying the game because it's the greatest band of all time (this cannot be argued), or anyone posting here who's never been to the Official Rock Band Thread please come post in there as well.

Right here. I've never played a Rock Hero or Guitar Band in my life, yet I'm dropping a grand total of $450 on 9/9/09 because, well, The Beatles.

qwerty2k

Aokage said:
Right here. I've never played a Rock Hero or Guitar Band in my life, yet I'm dropping a grand total of $450 on 9/9/09 because, well, The Beatles.

thats me as well, its the freaking beatles man, doesn't matter what it is im buying it :lol

Leopold

Omg, I know this is too much to ask for, but can one kind soul make me a HUGE favor?

Rock Band 2 bundles are way, WAY expensive here in Brazil (up to 500 dollars), and I see this one at amazon.com for U$D 100. So, I wonder if any of you guys could buy one for me and ship it (of course everything will be perfectly paid by any paypal or any other possible means, including shipping and any other type of expenditure). Oh, Wii version, btw.

Please, please, please (help me =/).

Phreak47

qwerty2k said:
thats me as well, its the freaking beatles man, doesn't matter what it is im buying it :lol

I've played the games, although I burned out on the whole deal more or less after GH2.

Now I have the limited edition bundle ordered (from the amazon deal way back) with the intent to put it on ebay. But that nagging voice in me keeps saying, "KEEP IT YOU ASSHOLE!".

This is my struggle.

Varna

JonathanEx said:
The only problems I've really heard with PS3 versions are the lack of 'message of the day', DLC being 2 days later, and uhm, Rock Band Network being limited? Nothing huge, I would think. Others may correct moi.

No AA and really bad screen tearing as well. Lots of frame-rate drops, but those don't matter in these games.

Phreak47

Leopold said:
Omg, I know this is too much to ask for, but can one kind soul make me a HUGE favor?

Rock Band 2 bundles are way, WAY expensive here in Brazil (up to 500 dollars), and I see this one at amazon.com for U$D 100. So, I wonder if any of you guys could buy one for me and ship it (of course everything will be perfectly paid by any paypal or any other possible means, including shipping and any other type of expenditure). Oh, Wii version, btw.

Please, please, please (help me =/).

Please please you?

qwerty2k

Varna said:
No AA and really bad screen tearing as well. Lots of frame-rate drops, but those don't matter in these games.

please tell me thats not true :(, ive only got ps3 or wii and well i expect the wii to be the most gimped version. please let the ps3 version be ok.

Varna

qwerty2k said:
please tell me thats not true :(, ive only got ps3 or wii and well i expect the wii to be the most gimped version. please let the ps3 version be ok.

Don't get me wrong. There is nothing game breaking about the issues. Just letting you know that the image quality isn't as clean as the X360 and there is noticeable tearing (which is pretty amazing for a game with so little screen panning). None of this effects the note charts which is the most important thing and of course the game sounds fantastic. As for the frame-rate, I don't know if the 360 version had the same dips, but again... it does look a bit cleaner.

Definitely get it over the Wii version.

This is coming from a PS3 RB player just so you know. I got something like 500+ tracks so you know the game is good enough to keep me committed. :)

Ashour

MrOctober said:

Why?

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
So the "PS3 Rock Band series games have horrific tearing, wonky frame rate and no AA" chatter is 4-real? Goddammit. I don't want to have to buy the 360 version...

jas0

Neo Member
soul creator said:
Beatles: Rock Band PC with mod support and hax

yep, they'd definitely go for that :p

I'm sure someone will rip all the isolated instrument tracks either way.

painey

Aokage said:
So the "PS3 Rock Band series games have horrific tearing, wonky frame rate and no AA" chatter is 4-real? Goddammit. I don't want to have to buy the 360 version...

not only that, but the audio in the PS3 version is mono only and Paul McCartney is clean shaven throughout the game because the cell cant render zombie facial hair.

ascii42

painey said:
not only that, but the audio in the PS3 version is mono only and Paul McCartney is clean shaven throughout the game because the cell cant render zombie facial hair.
Good, mono makes it sound more authentic. Like I'm listening on my AM radio. Now, if only there was the signature 8-track "kachunk" sound between songs.

Ashour

Aokage said:

Varna has sensitive eyes :lol , I've been playing RB since Nov. 2007 on PS3 and only happened to me less than 10 times.

Stupid question from someone that has not played many music games, except for the occasional Guitar Hero song.

If I buy the Deluxe Edition, do I still need to purchase a guitar or does the bass have enough buttons to work as a guitar?

LCfiner

Ridley327 said:

I think his number one all time album gives us a sense of his musical taste

Ridley327

BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Stupid question from someone that has not played many music games, except for the occasional Guitar Hero song.

If I buy the Deluxe Edition, do I still need to purchase a guitar or does the bass have enough buttons to work as a guitar?

Bass parts use the same five frets as the guitar, so there's no missing buttons. It's just a Hofner violin bass shell for the same tech.

LCfiner said:
I think his number one all time album gives us sense of his musical taste

I actually like that album, but he does have The Doors in his top 5, so that cancels out everything.

Ashour

BatiGOOOOOOL said:

Bass and guitar are the exact same plastic instrument both have five buttons, strum and a whammy bar.

Edit: damn you Ridley.

BatiGOOOOOOL said:

From the game's perspective (and this applies to pretty much any music game, guitar hero or rock band), any, uh, "fake stringed instrument" controller works as both guitar and bass.

edit: beaten like my copy of Beatles will be within 24 hours of launch for the cheevs

Top Bottom