• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NUJV! The Beatles: Rock Band Official Thread...And Your Friends Can Sing

KaYotiX

Banned
Blu_LED said:
I'm much younger then you, and I'm a HUGE Beatles fan.
my wifes cousin is 15 and loves the beatles big time!! 29 here and have been a fan since I was 16 or so.

No age requirement to like good music :)

qwerty2k

22 and a MASSIVE beatles fan here, ordered the special boxset of the stereo remastered albums + the special edition box thingy of rockband beatles (its my first rockband, would never have bought any of them if it wasn't a beatles one!)

Spooks

That limited edition temps me so hard. Will be buying this day 1 though.

And I need some Strawberry Fields on this game stat.

NewLib

Banned
When I heard that they were doing Abbey Road as DLC, the first thought was "They better be doing the entire medley as one song". Awesome that they are.

Agent Dormer said:
Felt like a thief for getting it for half off (thanks, Amazon Trade-In Program 50% off a single video game purchase special! [that's dead and over, so no need to check for it there or PM about it]), but I can't wait. However, I'm shocked that I'm not really excited for the majority of the DLC. I think they nailed the track listing for the game.

Great job by the OP too.

Me too, got my special edition bundle from sam's club for $113.

Foob

lovely rita is DLC :(

my favorite song...

also wish there was some more early tracks to play...was looking forward to playing some girl pop songsz

Archie said:
Not yet. There is a patch coming in November to make them compatible.
to make it completely clear, the mics are confirmed to already work in RB: Beatles. it is only RB2 that needs the patch.

just so no one thinks that 'patch in nov' applies to RB Beatles.

Oreoleo

Tim-E said:
It's totally going to be Hey Jude.

Hoping for Rain, personally.

The Lamonster said:
Where are you guys pre-ordering? I figure Gamestop is the best because you get 3 free DLC songs apparently.

That's where I'm preordered. Though the Best Buy BOGO 50% off deal is pretty tempting regardless of promises of free DLC.

Tim-E

Hey Jude is probably one of the most popular, if not the most popular song they have. Out of all the shit that's not in the game or announced as DLC, it's the only one I think that has that "Last song of the game" feeling to it. Imagine a big epic retrospective dreamscape at the end of the game set to that song as you and your friends sing the harmonies of Hey Jude together.

woodypop

The Lamonster said:
Where are you guys pre-ordering? I figure Gamestop is the best because you get 3 free DLC songs apparently.
Are the 3 free DLC songs pre-determined, or do you get to choose them yourself?

Oreoleo

woodypop said:
Are the 3 free DLC songs pre-determined, or do you get to choose them yourself?

This is what I'm wondering too. If they were 3 additional songs wouldn't they have been announced or something by now?

birdman

The 3 songs are supposed to be from the upcoming album DLC, so they won't really be bonuses if you intend to buy all the albums.

Meier

Excellent OP. Got some code from Amazon for pre-ordering.. seems like it doesn't really give you any rewards but you get news I guess. I am sure 15 people have already said this but oh well. :lol

I really don't want to spend $100 on another guitar...but they look so good :(

Also, the full RB2 bundle is $99.99 everywhere, but the RB2 guitar by itself is still $69.99...wtf?

Chris R

Need to figure out what microphones work with the Wii version. My mother wants this as her birthday gift, so I figure I'll just get her the disc and a microphone as she would only sing.

Captain N

rhfb said:
Need to figure out what microphones work with the Wii version. My mother wants this as her birthday gift, so I figure I'll just get her the disc and a microphone as she would only sing.

pretty much any USB mic will work with it. You might want to try online or at gamestop and just buy a used mic.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
J. M. Romeo said:
I really hope that they put out Revolution 9. That could be the best chart ever.
I hope they include the backmasked version. :p

turn me on dead man

turn me on dead man

turn me on dead man

MrOctober

Banned
Archie said:
Also guys, if anyone is contemplating buying the full band kit, I have a much better proposition (especially since I believe the premium band kit is the biggest ripoff in gaming today). You can buy Guitar Hero 5 guitar bundle with Van Halen for $100, the Rock Band 2 full band kit for $100 and The Beatles Rock Band stand alone game for $60.

So for an additional $10 you get an extra guitar and 3 more games.

Does anyone have a alternative for this for Europe? Or is there a place to cheaply import the RB2 set somewhere?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
distantmantra said:
If that's the case, it's three songs you don't have to pay for. Nothing wrong with that!
The problem is if you want to play the entire medley, you have to buy the whole album. So if you get 3 free Abbey Road songs, you are kinda screwed.

MrOctober

Banned
Archie said:
The problem is if you want to play the entire medley, you have to buy the whole album. So if you get 3 free Abbey Road songs, you are kinda screwed.

Yeah I'm fucked out of the songs because I'm buying all the albums anyway and it's way cheaper to buy the album then buy each song individually.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Any news about PS3 version issues yet? I want to go PS3 for this game... but I have a creeping fear it's going to be sans AA, rendering at 1024x576, and screen tearing like mad.

Have previous PS3 Rock Bands been screwed compared to their 360 counterparts?

What about sound? Has the series ever taken advantage of linear PCM on PS3?

Thanky!

The only problems I've really heard with PS3 versions are the lack of 'message of the day', DLC being 2 days later, and uhm, Rock Band Network being limited? Nothing huge, I would think. Others may correct moi.

Vinterbird said:
Does anyone have a alternative for this for Europe? Or is there a place to cheaply import the RB2 set somewhere?
There is no alternative unless you're okay with shitty RB1 instruments, but no one can really recommend them. Importing is pretty expensive because of the size, so you're best of with the Beatles Special Edition which is 199€.

painey

JonathanEx said:
The only problems I've really heard with PS3 versions are the lack of 'message of the day', DLC being 2 days later, and uhm, Rock Band Network being limited? Nothing huge, I would think. Others may correct moi.

what is message of the day?

AMUSIX

ElNarez said:
Ha...to tell the truth, I really hadn't seen that. When people were suggesting thread titles I sort of just glossed over them because I didn't want to be influenced...just knew I wanted to highlight the harmonies. Chalk it up to the whole great minds thinking alike thing.

I would add an instrument compatability chart to the OP, but I don't have full confirmation on some of them yet, so I don't want to put up misinformation.

Personally, I broke down and ordered one of each of the guitars. Overpriced, no doubt, but damn gorgeous.

Top Bottom