• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF Meetup: March 31st - Hump Evilore Harder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonng

Wish I could've stayed and chilled with you guys, looks like you guys up the ante after I left. Sorry I missed ya Jipan, we'll grab drinks next time.

Jhoan

They gave Mully clothes for some reason so he looks like the id or some shit. Honestly I have no idea.

Hahaha. Seriously? That must have been funny to witness. Now I really wished that I would have been there earlier. I think bar hopping in Alphabet City and around Union Square shouldn't be too much of a problem to get carded. As long we don't go back to The Continental, it should be fine.

EDIT: No problem Jason. Since you know the LES well, you can help commandeer the GAF ship next meet up. I owe a ton of you guys drinks; I suppose a case of Corona concealed in plastic cups inside a building would do or maybe I'll buy a bottle of Brugal, take it in a soda bottle, and share the wealth.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright, I gotta clear my schedule next time we do these things. Had to bail out early again to meet some friends for a party.

Probably me. I love car bombs. I don't remember a single thing at Barcade and there after.

Muerte.

What happened last night? I supposedly took an NYC cab home to LI.

You were hammered at Barcade and they kicked you out. You and I walked over to the diner nearby to get some food, I left you there and went to get backup cause I needed help to both get you up and hail a cab. Houston3000 and Raging Spaniard came to help. We got there as they were kicking you out of the diner. You sat in the waiting area of the place and threw up, twice. I got you out before the owner noticed as Houston3000 paid your bill. We hailed a cab and Spaniard/Houston negotiated like bosses with the cabbie to get you home.

I think you owe Houston3000 a lot of money. I thought he said you gave him $50 but maybe I'm just making that up.

Also, Raging Spaniard is a really apt name. Dude was punching and jump kicking walls the whole time lol.

Jhoan

Last was a success huh?

Yes indeed. While it was on a much smaller scale akin to the mini meet up at Bare Burger/3rd and Long in February, it was pretty damn good! Raging Spaniard was the guest of honor in this meet up; he was great. Houston3000 looked nothing like how I imagined him to look like; I was blown away.

By the way, I noticed a lot of guys were shocked that I remember that I remember so much information about them. Houston3000 was super shocked when I told him that I've seen a picture of him as well as knew that he was from Florida. I retain information very easily, so if I see someone post a story in say the Dating-Age thread, I'll bring it up in the next meet up.

^^^Remember folks, when someone is super drunk, GAF overlords have your back. It's cool that you had to get to a party Wellington; a lot of people bailed out because of that. At least you showed up and said hi so that's good enough.

I am massively hung over

bggrthnjsus, Mahonay (which sounds like the Spanish word "mojones" lol), and Pein
Rz7B1l.jpg

Raging Spaniard admires the handsomeness that is Jipan
ehB6ml.jpg

Me, Raging Spaniard, and fast-talking Jipan (he had an empty drink lol)
KLVMkl.jpg

Smokeymicpot almost got stranded
heb6Dl.jpg

"Big Red," Jipan, Raging Hammered Spaniard, Number47, and Cesar's smooth mug at Irish Exit
2iNtEl.jpg

Captions courtesy of Jipan with love

Jhoan

I am way too hung over to caption these right now
bggrthnjsus, Mahonay (which sounds like the Spanish word "mojones" lol), and Pein
Rz7B1l.jpg

Raging Spaniard admires the handsomeness that is Jipan
ehB6ml.jpg

Me, Raging Spaniard, and fast-talking Jipan (he had an empty drink lol)
KLVMkl.jpg

Smokeymicpot almost got stranded
heb6Dl.jpg

"Big Red," Jipan, Raging Hammered Spaniard, Number47, and Cesar's smooth mug at Irish Exit
2iNtEl.jpg
Fixed. I came out suprisingly good in all the pictures; I'm typically not a very photogenic person. These pictures are great.

Jhoan

Do Juniors usually go to this type of thing?

Yessir they most certainly do, but they're somewhat ashamed of it. I was still a junior when I went to my first GAF meet up (Scribblenauts launch party at Nintendo World). We got along just fine; it's not a big deal; we're all cool people. So while you may get berated on the forum, just know that we were all juniors at some point too.

Fixed. I came out suprisingly good in all the pictures; I'm typically not a very photogenic person. These pictures are great.
Haha, thanks... implemented.

Also, all you NYC GAFers are great. I'll post something more touching when I'm not dying from a headache.

P.S. Mully gave me a $50 around 8:45. When Raging Spaniard, Wellington and I got him on a cab I just gave the cab driver that $50 back. I threw in 15 more as well as his bill at the diner but all is good... Raging Spaniard paid a little as well and talked the cabby into driving an hour to LI. Mully doesn't owe me anything, it provided some good entertainment, and he's cool guy so I'm not collecting (well, maybe a few free beers next time)

P.P.S. Number47 is an excellent wing man... I swear the dude was wingmanning me when I wasn't even looking to hook up, and well at that. Especially those chicks in Opal but the one chubby girl absolutely refused to dance :-/

jasonng

Serious props to Wellington, smokey, Houston, and everyone for looking out for mully.

Also there was dancing and I missed out!!? This is an outrage.

Jhoan

Haha, thanks... implemented.

Also, all you NYC GAFers are great. I'll post something more touching when I'm not dying from a headache.

P.S. Mully gave me a $50 around 8:45. When Raging Spaniard, Wellington and I got him on a cab I just gave the cab driver that $50 back. I threw in 15 more as well as his bill at the diner but all is good... Raging Spaniard paid a little as well and talked the cabby into driving an hour to LI. Mully doesn't owe me anything, it provided some good entertainment, and he's cool guy so I'm not collecting (well, maybe a few free beers next time)

P.P.S. Number47 is an excellent wing man... I swear the dude was wingmanning me when I wasn't even looking to hook up, and well at that. Especially those chicks in Opal but the one chubby girl absolutely refused to dance :-/
You forgot to put [ strike] over Raging for comedic effect.

Number47 is probably NYC GAF's best wingman next to jon bones and Jason. He's willing and able to come with a bro to a party to help wing it; that is awesome.That's why automatically gets the honor of hosting the next meet up. That chubby girl was probably afraid of burning some calories that she didn't wanna dance.

EDIT: There most certainly was! Plenty of mandangoes were shaked at Irish Exit. It was fun. I demanded more Merengue since white chicks can't dance that crap for nothing. They need a Hispanic man to teach them how it's done!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
RagingSpaniard was there? Damnnnn. If I went I would have asked him to draw me something on a napkin.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
RagingSpaniard was there? Damnnnn. If I went I would have asked him to draw me something on a napkin.

I brought a pocket sketchbook just in case, but the opportunity never presented itself.

Feeling a lot better now. This mornings hangover was no joke, had the shakes and everything.

I'll post something more in depth later. Had an amazing time.

This mornings hangover was no joke, had the shakes and everything.
Same here... I honestly hadn't been this hung over in a long time. Surprising considering I didn't get nearly drunk enough to even come close to passing out or throwing up. To make it worse I increased yesterday during my workout so all my muscles are wrecked.

I did fall asleep on the subway home though, ended up in the Bronx and had to ride back which was annoying.

bob page

I brought a pocket sketchbook just in case, but the opportunity never presented itself.

Feeling a lot better now. This mornings hangover was no joke, had the shakes and everything.

I'll post something more in depth later. Had an amazing time.
Same, definitely my worst hangover since college. I didn't get out of bed until 5pm.

Mahonay

Banned
Serious props to Wellington, smokey, Houston, and everyone for looking out for mully.

Also there was dancing and I missed out!!? This is an outrage.
The last half of the night was almost entirely a nonstop dance party. So dumb but so much fun.

Thanks everyone for the great time. I had the WORST hangover that I only just recovered from now but it was worth it. I will definitely be coming to the next meet up if I'm able to. Believe mother fuckers.

RIP Mully.

Barrett2

Im' lucky I had to leave early last night for other reasons. I was up at 6am feeling ok, other than my cough / cold.
KuGsj.gif

I was already hung-over from the night before so it just all added up. see:
Shiiit, this is tonight!! I went on a date last night, a first date (it went really well) and I drank a good amount... not sure I'll be able to stomach any additional alcohol for a bit. I'll still be making prbly, I just might be less drunk and lamer than originally anticipated.

So... East Village for the next one? I'm down for that, I love E. Village despite itself and it's punk hipster shit. Honestly, The Bowery and Alphabet City are like my second homes since moving here.

Jhoan

Same here... I honestly hadn't been this hung over in a long time. Surprising considering I didn't get nearly drunk enough to even come close to passing out or throwing up. To make it worse I increased yesterday during my workout so all my muscles are wrecked.

I did fall asleep on the subway home though, ended up in the Bronx and had to ride back which was annoying.

Lol, I had a feeling you were going to get lost. I told you not to take the 6 train. I've been to Alphabet City myself; it's pretty damn cheap to bar hop and pretty chaotic. I remember I was down in this club that was in a dungeon of sorts with some friends. A fight erupted and just like that the fun was over.

I'm the only who didn't get drunk in this meet up. Again, I seriously owe you guys big time for the drinks at the next meet up so a big thanks for the drinks and shots.

Mully

I royally fucked up last night.

I drank liquor on an empty stomach. Both of which I never do. I feel terrible that you guys had to deal with my ID situation, then had to take care of me. You guys were great. I'm so grateful for what you guys did, and happy that you were able to have a good time after I left.

If any of you are interested, I'd like to take you guys out to dinner or lunch, anything. I feel like it's the least I could do.

I drank liquor on an empty stomach. Both of which I never do. I feel terrible that you guys had to deal with my ID situation, then had to take care of me. You guys were great. I'm so grateful for what you guys did, and happy that you were able to have a good time after I left.

If any of you are interested, I'd like to take you guys out to dinner or lunch, anything. I feel like it's the least I could do.
Don't worry about it dude, seriously. I've been in much worse situations and inconvenienced people much less willing to help more than you had. I was telling you in the PM, you put this whole thing together so the fact that I spent 25 bucks or whatever getting you into a cab and paying for your burger doesn't impact me in the least. Just hope you had fun while you were there!

Lol, I had a feeling you were going to get lost. I told you not to take the 6 train. I've been to Alphabet City myself; it's pretty damn cheap to bar hop and pretty chaotic. I remember I was down in this club that was in a dungeon of sorts with some friends. A fight erupted and just like that the fun was over.

I'm the only who didn't get drunk in this meet up. Again, I seriously owe you guys big time for the drinks at the next meet up so a big thanks for the drinks and shots.
No no... haha, I didn't get lost.

I didn't take the 6 train, after Opal the drinks were starting to hit me so I kind of stumbled down into that station but I ended up walking back and and trekking over to Rockefeller to catch the D back to my apartment uptown. Unfortunately I fell asleep or spaced out and went a few stops too far north.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

I didn't take the 6 train either, after Opal the drinks were starting to hit me so I kind of stumbled down into that station but I ended up walking back and and trekking over to Rockefeller to catch the D back to my apartment uptown. Unfortunately I fell asleep or spaced out and went a few stops too far north.

I did the same pased out on the train in Staten Island while blasting Billy Joel.

bob page

I feel bad about leaving early- didn't get a chance to get the guys back who bought me drinks. Next time!

I'm usually not that much of a drunkass, I promise.

Penguin

Its good that all of GAF learns I am extremely quiet.. But was fun meeting everyone.

Some interesting characters

Jhoan

I didn't take the 6 train, after Opal the drinks were starting to hit me so I kind of stumbled down into that station but I ended up walking back and and trekking over to Rockefeller to catch the D back to my apartment uptown. Unfortunately I fell asleep or spaced out and went a few stops too far north.
That's crazy. You could have just taken the S then the A with me. The S left in about 2 minutes. The A train came just as I was going down the stairs, so I got home pretty quickly. A similar thing happened to my bro last weekend. After coming from a date, he fell asleep on the bench. Needless to say, he missed the train, and had to wait another fifteen minutes. At least you got home in one piece.

That's crazy. You could have just taken the S then the A with me. The S left in about 2 minutes. The A train came just as I was going down the stairs, so I got home pretty quickly. A similar thing happened to my bro last weekend. After coming from a date, he fell asleep on the bench. Needless to say, he missed the train, and had to wait another fifteen minutes. At least you got home in one piece.
Oh, it wasn't that bad. If I spaced out on the D I would have spaced out on the A all the same. I think I just walked to the 7th Ave station (not Rockefeller)... it's like 5 blocks away. If I didn't miss my stop I would of been home in absolutely no time, I didn't realize you would get so lucky with catching both trains so quickly that late though - that's the crazy thing, haha.

Worst was when I used to live out in Brooklyn. I was taking the A train home from a night of bar hopping in Hell's Kitchen. Ended up passing out somewhere around Chambers St. and waking up in Far Rockaway near the beach. I could of just stayed on and let the train take me back but in my panic'd state I jumped off and had to wait almost an hour for the next A train to get out there. I won't even get into the time I went to a club in Queens without realizing the 7 train wasn't going to be running that night at the local station. There's really not enough cabs in that borough.

Mahonay

Banned
The spoils of living close to the city. I think it took me 20 minutes to get home.

Glad to hear you guys got home safely even if it took longer for some.

Mahonay

Banned
Took me over an hour to get home. It sucks but the night is awesome.
Well yeah Staten Island is quite a fucking trip. Good on you for making the trek out to hang with us.
I feel bad about leaving early- didn't get a chance to get the guys back who bought me drinks. Next time!

I'm usually not that much of a drunkass, I promise.
No worries dude. Even while barely sober enough to stand straight you seemed to keep your cool. Just make sure to eat something next time.

Maybe next time we shouldn't make it all day thing? I think that was the main culprit of a few people getting knocked out early.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Yeah don't worry dude just take it as a learning experience.

A few years ago before I learned how to drink well I was trying to get over a girl - met up with Wasabiking of GAF fame who just happened to be in town for Wrestlemania. 13 jack and cokes later I told them I had to head out since I started feeling it. I got to the subway no problem, once the train began moving tho I had to run between the cars to throw up. I proceeded to sit down back at my seat afterwards and just passed out. Woke up way past my stop so I stumbled out of the train and fell down on the platform, pulled myself to the rear wall and sat there for a little. Ended up both peeing and throwing up on myself. About an hour later I managed to get my ass down off of the platform and get a cab home.

Another time I was drinking after a Yankee game, tried to take the subway home, next thing I know I woke up at the hospital.

Those stories are mostly why I couldn't just leave you lol.

bob page

If anyone who uses Facebook or Twitter wants to keep in touch, feel free to PM and I'll add you. It's usually a lot easier to keep track of these things via text when the next event comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom