• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Observer |OT| Blade Walker

~Kinggi~

Banned
Its on Steam but discount isnt showing up. Shit

Edit: Ok you need to restart steam and you get the coupon if you have layers of fear. 24$ now.

Is the CA really bad on consoles. Sure looked like it on some Xbox One footage I saw earlier. FFS give us the option to turn this off!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Is the CA really bad on consoles. Sure looked like it on some Xbox One footage I saw earlier. FFS give us the option to turn this off!

CA is what this game is about lol. Youll understand when you see it but its all about people with digital mind implants. There's like 50 different ways they paint your vision.

Disgraced

Hm. I have to say, early footage of this game didn't look as cliche. Although it didn't look as ambitious either. Looking forward to impressions from everyone playing it here.

Holy crap

I haven't followed this game at all and now I see that it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up my alley

God damn. Bought

Jocund

Can any real literary niggas inform me as to quality of the sentence-to-sentence writing in the title? I'm curious, because as interested as I am in the premise, I'm more interested in a game with better than passable script treatment.

How's the diction, sentence structure, flow etc. are exchanges between players natural?

GavinUK86

Wow. The atmosphere is overwhelming, in a good way, and I adore Rutger Hauer's delivery.

I'm playing it on PC. Getting a fairly steady 60fps at 1080p on the highest settings with a 970. It really tanks when you use bio scanner though. Down to 35-40fps.

Maybe I'm really stupid but (for people playing it already)
I can't seem to find the correct code for the panel in the kitchen. I swear it has something to do with the date on the photo. Am I going in the right direction?
ignore me I was dumb

xrnzaaas

Maybe I'm really stupid but (for people playing it already)
I can't seem to find the correct code for the panel in the kitchen. I swear it has something to do with the date on the photo. Am I going in the right direction?

You're talking about the first apartment you visit? The answer is in the apartment, just look for interactive items. ;)

Karish

Can any real literary niggas inform me as to quality of the sentence-to-sentence writing in the title? I'm curious, because as interested as I am in the premise, I'm more interested in a game with better than passable script treatment.

How's the diction, sentence structure, flow etc. are exchanges between players natural?

Yes I think very much so

GavinUK86

You're talking about the first apartment you visit? The answer is in the apartment, just look for interactive items. ;)

Yup i figured it out moments after I posted. The date should've been a different month because with it being in the same room it made me think it was connected.

Moff

oddly enough, I get motion sickness from this. I don't even remember if I ever had that outside of VR.

Moff

From the first look of things, I actually thought this was a VR game.
It's still not up on the EU PSN btw :(

It would definitely be a great fit for VR from what I have seen so far, it's very slow and you basically just touch things. I am sure it will be possible sooner or later, at least on pc.

wamberz1

Reading through these drug/virus descriptions and they're all insanely interesting.

Like, each of these could be an episode of black mirror. The memory shard one in particular is fascinating.

Reading through these drug/virus descriptions and they're all insanely interesting.

Like, each of these could be an episode of black mirror. The memory shard one in particular is fascinating.
Shit, now I'm thinking I got to get this. I love lore and world-building like this in sci-fi and cyberpunk stories. The impressions that it's not really a horror game is a good sign

Got to decide between this and Absolver

GavinUK86

I love the minigame on some of the PC's.
3to0CuR.jpg
qQdKpFR.jpg

I love all the little details on everything too. I'm stopping at every poster or TV screen to see what it's trying to sell me.

spad3

Is it a full blown game or like one of those "experiences" that lasts 3-4 hours?

Any idea of length? First time I'm hearing about this and it looks interesting.

GavinUK86

Is it a full blown game or like one of those "experiences" that lasts 3-4 hours?

Judging by reviews it's longer than that, more towards 8- 10 hours.

Diancecht

This game is mind boggling. I am amazed by the mind fuckery going on. Four hours in, for now:

+ Fantastic voice acting from Rutger Hauer.
+ Cool set-up and even cooler execution.
+ Great world building.
+ Mind fucks everywhere!
+ The best screen effects I have ever seen in my life. Really feel like you are jacked-in to this fucked up VR and AR world.

- Monster chase sequences kind of hamper the pace of the game.
- The overall story isn't all that interesting. Although the side missions and the world is tantalizing.

Oh, here's the OT.

So, there's no way to change FOV on the PC version, even though there was in Layers of Fear.

So I guess I'm not playing it yet. Hopefully they patch that in soon. Ridiculous to not have an FOV slider in an FPS game in 2017.

xrnzaaas

It's bigger than most walking sims (not exactly the same genre I know) but don't expect too much content. It's one large location which unlocks new areas as you progress, medium length main storyline and a decent amount of the extra stuff (optional cases, collectibles, minigames, tennants interrogations).

~Kinggi~

Banned
This game needs more exposure. Hate to see quality stuff get lost in a shuffle. It has a lot going for it actually. I mean come Halloween im sure this will be a big streaming hit, and we got Blade Runner coming soon and this oozes that BR style.

Doombear

This game needs more exposure. Hate to see quality stuff get lost in a shuffle. It has a lot going for it actually. I mean come Halloween im sure this will be a big streaming hit, and we got Blade Runner coming soon and this oozes that BR style.

Agreed. I hope it picks up... and I haven't even made it home to start playing it yet =P When I do get there, it will download and sit happily aside a few other overlooked titles from this month (Hellblade, Shadow Tactics and dare I say even Children of Zodiarcs). It's been a fun month so far for hidden gems.

Alebelly

Only played a couple hours, not my usual type of game, but I'm impressed with the it so far.

Game looks absolutely stunning in native 4k, and it was running at a respectably smooth 30fps with all settings max, but then I got into some more demanding gameplay, performance wise, and it just tanked to 7fps, then was just bouncing all over the place, so I had to shut it down a restart the game. That's ok though, 1440p looks fine and a solid 60fps is more enjoyable to play anyways.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I'm only about 30 or so minutes into the game, and I'm completely hooked. The imagery, the world, the art direction, voice acting, everything is top notch.

Top Bottom