• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 10th

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Not really no. We have had multiple games launch over 1 million this year alone. Its kinda standard for a big AAA game to at least hit that

Well then. lol I don't know. :(

By the way, do you ever say your username aloud when playing games? I'd totally say it if I was playing Call of Duty multiplayer. My username is TackyTactics, so people usually say my name for me when they curse me out. "You Tacky fuck. TackyTactics mother fucker."

Hoo-doo

Banned
Kev has you all chasing your own fucking tails.

He could poop out three completely random words and this thread would dissect every letter with surgical precision.

Gurish

It really depends, if MS moved lots of XB1 than obviously H5 sold great in bundles, so 1 m wouldn't be bad in this context.

Kev has you all chasing your own fucking tails.

He could poop out three completely random words and this thread would dissect every letter with surgical precision.

I have a feeling he is loving this and having a blast. I know I would be.

That's why I refuse to accept the random one million number to be Halo. I don't think its hugely over that but a decent amount more. Like I said, I stand by 1.5ish. Basically 1.3 - 1.6

Elandyll

Banned
again, people are NOT taking into account US install base CLEARLY.

So people actually expect H5 to sell to 36% of the US XBONE owners in the first 5 days? C'mon people.

Halo 3 did 3.3 with a -SMALLER- install base, and the Halo fanbase has then stayed (relatively) stable.

For clarification, Kev is pulling chains btw.

RedAssedApe

Banned
again, people are NOT taking into account US install base CLEARLY.

So people actually expect H5 to sell to 36% of the US XBONE owners in the first 5 days? C'mon people.

how many 360s were sold when Halo 3 went out? pretty sure it was smaller install base than the xbone.

Kill3r7

Halo 3 had an incredible attach rate. That said, anything below half of Halo 3 sales figures would have to be a pretty poor showing for Halo 5.

DieH@rd

Banned
This is hitting Carnival of Stupid levels, friends.

giphy.gif

wtshaolin

Banned
I wouldn't even be in this thread if I was home, where I could play Halo, Blops 3, Tomb Raider, NBA, FIFA, Fallout or Battlefront on EA Access, but since I'm sitting on a toilet at work...

Elandyll

Banned
What if ... neither of them is happy with October's results?

Maybe Xbox won by a slight margin, say about 7-10k (Sony not being too happy that their price drop didn't get them the month), but MS is unhappy with both the small margin -and- Halo SW sales overall?

Mmmh.

Bolivar687

Banned
Please tell me people are not debating potential Halo 5 attach rates as compared against historical precedent based on Y2Kev posting "One million"

I swear I'm on the verge of bursting out laughing at work like a total maniac over here

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Halo 3 did 3.3 with a -SMALLER- install base, and the Halo fanbase has then stayed (relatively) stable.

For clarification, Kev is pulling chains btw.

actually looking it up, it would seem 360 was around the same install base (~9M give or take?)

but still, take away the strength of the brand from where it was for 3, and then include digital and bundles...

who knows.. maybe you're right and he's just fucking with us.

I'm predicting some harsh reality will be dropped on the Halo diehards today.

EDIT: I KNOW NOTHING. Just a prediction. You guys are ready to rock though. I like the energy.

I'm predicting a harsh reality will be dropped on the lunatics spelling doom and gloom for Halo based off vague posts

LOL. Okay, friend.

Top Bottom