• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October is stacked for games, what are you buying?

Mario Odyssey, Mario and Luigi Super Star remake, Wolfenstein 2(likely on Black Friday since game will bomb), Fire Emblem Warriors and Nights of Azure 2.

Man, I totally forgot Wolfenstein II was coming out this month! I'll be getting that for PC and Mario Odyssey for my Switch. I will not have time for anything else - currently trying to finish Zelda and Divinity II - and I doubt I'll have enough time to fully play either let alone both.

Mario Odyssey and probably South Park. I have zero doubt the former will be good, but the latter...hoping some early reviews come out. Might wait until release day to buy since I do digital anyway. Crazy that these games come out within 10 days of one another.

Duxxy3

The Evil Within
Destiny 2 PC (probably)
Wolfenstein 2

Battle Chasers looks interesting, but I'm not sold on it just yet.

edit: Oh FFS I forgot that Mario Odyssey is out then as well.

edit: AC Origins and Forza 7 are possibilities, but probably not this year.

DataBased

AC Origins is the first one I'm looking forward to playing since 3 turned me off the series, and this thread just informed me that city shrouded in shadow(Disaster report spiritual successor :O) exists! HYPE

Sanctuary

The Evil Within 2

Maybe:
Battlechasers
South Park: FBH

Don't have a Switch yet, but I'm definitely picking up Odyssey when I do.

Assassins creed origins please. That and forza 7 are the two games I'm looking forward to the most and are the ones I will willingly buy.

With the holiday deals I'm also thinking of:

Wolfenstein 2
Shadow of War
Super Luckys tale

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
The only games I'm looking forward to are Monster Hunter World and the next Ace Combat. I'd love it if an arcade racer came out.

The Evil Within 2 is the only game on there that I want (no Switch for Mario). Hopefully Mahou Daisakusen is out in October too though.

Let me go through those in September first: Metroid, Cuphead, Fire Emblem Warriors (JP)

I will grab Mario, AC:O and Wolfenstein later

I want to buy Dragon's Dogma, Shadow of War, Gran Turismo Sport, Assassin's Creed: Origins, Super Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein II.

Damn.

I reasonably think i will go for Wolfenstein II and Odyssey. Origins will depend on review.

Whew boy.

Wolfenstein 2: CE (PS4)
Evil Within 2 (PS4)
Dragons Dogma (PS4)
Raiden V (PS4)
Shadows of War Gold (PS4)
Ass Creed Gold (X1X)
GT Sport LE
South Park Gold (PS4)
Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)
Mario Odyssey

Gonna be busy.

Yazuka

Battle Chasers, South Park and Mario Odyssey for me.

I would like to pick up Nights of Azure 2 and Wolfenstein 2 also.
But they will have to wait, until they go down a bit in price.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
October is too stacked for me. Also have COD on November 3rd but after that, I most likely won't have a new gaming purchase until Far Cry 5.

1. Middle Earth: Shadow of War
2. The Evil Within 2
3. Assassin's Creed Origins
4. Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
5. Super Mario Odyssey

Kill3r7

I preordered a bunch of them but the only one I know I will pick up is Mario Odyssey. The rest I might wait until BF or early 2018.

Jafku

Gran Turismo and Destiny 2 have already been paid for. Super Mario Odyssey is a definite pickup. Now to decide between TEW 2 Wolfenstein AC and Middle Earth

Malakai

I wish Nintendo would have had spread out their releases a bit better. Why couldn't Mario Super Star Saga and/or Fire Emblem Warriors come out a bit earlier and/or latter...They are freaking loaded gamewise on both platforms for the next few months with games involving their IPs.

RPGam3r

Guaranteed

1. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
2. ELEX
3. South Park The Fractured but Whole
4. Mario
5. Assassins Creed

Maybe?

1. A Hat in Time (is there a Switch version?)
2. Shadow of War

Bishop89

Raiden V
Wolfenstein 2
The evil within 2
GT sport
South park
Assassins Creed

I just don't know yet which ones I'll be buying at launch

Oh wtf I didn't know Nights of Azure 2 was coming onto Switch next month. If it's good I'll buy it.

I'm getting Mario, FE Warriors and EOV if it releases in October.

Still need to finish FE Echoes and Disgaea 5, and I also have Bravely Second, Stella Glow and Rune Factory 4 waiting for play. I'm set all the way into next year.

dr_rus

The New Colossus most certainly, South Park depending on reviews, the rest goes into bargain bin. This year is rather meh on games overall.

Lylo

Guaranteed:

Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein 2
South Park

Maybe:

Mario & Luigi
A Hat in Time
The Evil Within 2
Just Dance 2018

Top Bottom