• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld: New'n'Tasty still coming to Wii U, "and soon" - First Wii U screens

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
https://twitter.com/OddworldInc/status/628913931168411648

http://www.oddworld.com/2015/08/oddworld-new-n-tasty-first-wii-u-screenshots/

ONnT_WiiU_WIP_July2015_001.jpg

ONnT_WiiU_WIP_July2015_004.jpg

ONnT_WiiU_WIP_July2015_006.jpg

We’ll have much more information on the Wii U version of the game in the coming weeks, but in the meantime we’re excited to show you the first glimpse of the game running natively on the platform, and look forward to sharing more details as we approach release.

More at the link

Any word on Exodus yet? Kinda disappointed they're still working on the Wii U version.

Would have hoped the whole studio was full steam ahead working on Exodus

Mr-Joker

Banned
I honestly forgot that this was coming to Wii U, though I am not sure if I want it after playing a bit of it on the PS4. They changed far too much from the original.

Also where's Wii U Stranger's Wrath?

hope they lock the framerate at 30 for wiiu players. The variable framerate on the PS4 make some of the platforming trickier than it needed to be.

Oh, this is good news. Has this one been received well?

it's a great looking and well done remake of the first. very much looking forward to the second game being remade already

Doesn't the head of JAW really, really dislike Nintendo? I wonder what changed.

Edit: Yep

“Having developed a number of titles over the years for their various platforms, it’s become increasingly apparent that unless you are published by Nintendo you don’t tend to do very well,” he said.

Doesn't the head of JAW really, really dislike Nintendo? I wonder what changed.

Edit: Yep
How does stating a widely known fact translate into really, really disliking Nintendo?

Hope this works out for them, it's hard to believe this will sell when it's been on other platforms for so long.

I strongly disagree with that as they change the feel of the original by trying to shoe horn modern game design.

This video explains it better than I do. just keep in mind it was upload before they added a run button into the game.

A remake is going to make changes. The original still remains, hell i own it on PSN and on Steam.

I'd rather a dev take the essence of the game and modernize it some so that it's still the first game so that new gamers feel like theyre getting that experience and different so that the OG fans have something to enjoy. I'd consider it a failure if it was just a high-res 1:1 version of the original. I have that already, I want something a bit different.

impact

Banned
A remake is going to make changes. The original still remains, hell i own it on PSN and on Steam.

I'd rather a dev take the essence of the game and modernize it some so that it's still the first game so that new games feel like theyre getting that experience and different so that the OG fans have something to enjoy. I'd consider it a failure if it was just a high-res 1:1 version of the original. I have that already, I want something a bit different.

People don't understand that this is a remake, not a remaster. Then they go on complaining about GoW3 remaster not doing more, lol

Doczu

How come i didn't even know this version was coming? My girl will be excited to know that she can play it, as she had a glimpse of gampelay on my dad's PS4 and loved it.

Was really looking forward to this like 18 months ago, seriously what's taking so long, wonder how much effor/time was wasted when they were trying to squeeze it in to basic systems

Any word on Exodus yet? Kinda disappointed they're still working on the Wii U version.

Would have hoped the whole studio was full steam ahead working on Exodus

I mean, you say 'the whole studio', but Just Add Water are (according to Wikipedia) only 16 strong. Even if they're working on remakes instead of building whole games from scratch, that's not a large studio and I imagine porting their game between several different platforms takes time.

Top Bottom