• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld: New'n'Tasty still coming to Wii U, "and soon" - First Wii U screens

Your average download only title performs better on Wii U than the Xbox. Kind of obnoxious you can just shit post like this.
Got some sources for this? Or you just gonna catch feelings over a console.

Hardly shit posting. There's a new Nintendo coming out. I thought it was common knowledge the Wii U is dead.

Really don't understand the reaction here.

*rolls eyes*
And I'm shit posting?

I mean, you say 'the whole studio', but Just Add Water are (according to Wikipedia) only 16 strong. Even if they're working on remakes instead of building whole games from scratch, that's not a large studio and I imagine porting their game between several different platforms takes time.
Damn I didn't realise they were that small. I was under the impression they were starting on Exodus some time ago. Hearing they were still working to bring the game to Wii U was disappointing. Even more so now I know how small the studio is. Eagerly awaiting any word on Exodus, was always my favourite of the two Abe games.

fernoca

Really don't understand the reaction here.
I guess is because of the assumption that because "the Wii U is dead" (even when is not...yet), that they won't sell a lot and that they are wasting their time on something (when if they felt like that they would've stopped months ago, before starting).

There are many variants. Like everything.
Gunman Clive have sold more on 3DS and Wii U, than on iOS, Android and Steam combined. Heck, the Wii U version sold around 9k "only" and still sold more than on Steam.

Success can be measured many ways and if they felt it was a waste of time and resources, they would've stopped planning like Project Caars and Gone Home; like when they were looking for ways to made sure the size of the game was small enough to fit on 8GB units which are not even sold in quite some time.

Plus Lorne wants Oddworld on Nintendo platforms, it's a dream of sorts.

jariw

There's a new Nintendo coming out. I thought it was common knowledge the Wii U is dead.

"Knowledge" is something that is based on facts.

Facts are that the Wii U never sold much at any time, but it sells at least as well now as it has done anywhere else during its lifespan.

Facts are that there are much more good Wii U indie releases nowadays than anywhere else during Wii U's lifespan.

Facts are that we don't know anything solid about the new system from Nintendo. We don't know what the spec are. We don't know the target market. We don't know when it will release.

If the Wii U was dead at any point, it was before Mario Kart 8 was released.

Top Bottom