• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 NBA Playoff Thread of Shaq forces trade to the Cavs, keeps streak alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

charsace said:
I am pretty sure I have a life and still post here. If you had no time before how are you finding time now?

We all know you swallowed the load of destiny bullshit ESPN shot down your throat. Doesn't matter because when the cavs lose you'll go back to your "life."

And he'll be back here next conference finals!

God if Orlando doesn't win this series I may not be able to watch the NBA Finals. GAF will explode in 404 errors from the Laker fans and Cavalier fans duking it out. It'll be like the last scene in the old 90's X-Men cartoon with the X-Men and Magneto's forces w/ humanity trapped in the middle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PrvRnjJ0HY
Skip to 49 seconds

effzee

Himuro said:
lmao

The Nuggets fucked it up.

I'd rather watch Jay Leno's final tonight show than this. :lol

Nuggets really need to replace George Karl.

Its not Karl. Its the players they have. Guys like K Mart and even Nene sometimes think they have offensive skill sets. THEY DON'T. K Mart is a special waste considering he doesnt play great D and has no offense. They need to surround Melo, Billups, JR, and Kleiza with some guys who do the dirty work and play solid D.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
effzee said:
Its not Karl. Its the players they have. Guys like K Mart and even Nene sometimes think they have offensive skill sets. THEY DON'T. K Mart is a special waste considering he doesnt play great D and has no offense. They need to surround Melo, Billups, JR, and Kleiza with some guys who do the dirty work and play solid D.
They have too many headcases. You can't have a lot of guys like that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Frankman said:
God if Orlando doesn't win this series I may not be able to watch the NBA Finals. GAF will explode in 404 errors from the Laker fans and Cavalier fans duking it out. It'll be like the last scene in the old 90's X-Men cartoon with the X-Men and Magneto's forces w/ humanity trapped in the middle...

Skip to 49 seconds
Seriously... as if page 666 weren't bad enough. I don't know if I'd even be able to post here during the finals if the cavs managed to come back.

Darkman M

Vyer said:
In the end the Nuggets were still the Nuggets. How they got that far I'll never understand. Congrats Laker Age.

I give a bit credit to the rockets i knew that would be the toughest road to the finals!

kryalmzhhq.jpg

if my PhotoShop wasn't acting up I woul have Kobe and LeBron on this. GOD PLEASE LET DWIGHT, HEDO AND LEWIS OVERCOME LEBRON AND THE REFS!!!

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Whoa, where did all this backlash come from? It seemed like most of you non-Laker fans were resigned to seeing the Lakers get to the finals 3+ hours ago.

The Nuggets are a good team and they very nearly took advantage of the Lakers this year. It's a shame that some idiot gave Martin a franchise killing contract because they'd be able to make some great corrections to create a championship ready lineup otherwise. It'll be interesting to see where they go in the off season.

The Nuggets could have played better but this wasn't really a matter of the Nuggets not showing up. This was a matter of the Lakers simply being unbeatable tonight. As a Laker fan I can honestly say this is the first time I've seen this team show up in the playoffs. In the Utah series we didn't lock anything down and while we won in 5 games none of those games ever felt comfortable. The big wins in the Rockets series were us taking advantage of an injured sheep in our home court.

This game was just beautiful watch if your a Lakers fan or a fan of great execution on the offensive end. This is the first time since the regular season that I saw Lakers basketball. The Rockets walking into Staples and chucking up bricks all night isn't an example of how the Lakers played in the regular season. This was a game that was just about control. As Kobe says it's about execution and you saw nothing but it for 48 minutes. Beautiful passing out of doubles, great movement off the ball, and great offense in 1 on 1 situations.

I can't say enough about how impressed I was with Kobe tonight. He was a coach out there and it was like he was playing a game of 2k9 with a professional coach on the floor with him telling him everything he needed to do to get buckets. The bench played beautifully and Pau and Lamar were beasts.

If the Lakers haven't figured it out by now maybe they understand. The game for them is about forcing a double team. If we force doubles on Pau and Kobe with consistency then it's as simple as making the pass and then the open dunk/layup/3pt shot. In our losses people always talked about defense. It was never defense. It was offense. Your going to play bad defensively here or there. What you can't do is not make the proper plays to score enough to keep yourself in ball games.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
fucking tivo fucking me over and failing to record the game even though i have literally nothing saved

it won't record the 12 AM replay either

fml

this is the last time i put life ahead of nba basketball

NomarTyme

drohne said:
fucking tivo fucking me over and failing to record the game even though i have literally nothing saved

it won't record the 12 AM replay either

fml

this is the last time i put life ahead of nba basketball
ESPN will show this game again.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Yo, Laker Age! Congrats on a dominate victory. I think you guys will be the team to take it all.

Fuck you, Crymelo. You let the city down...on your birthday.

NomarTyme

Chiggs said:
Yo, Laker Age! Congrats on a dominate victory. I think you guys will be the team to take it all.

Fuck you, Crymelo. You let the city down...on your birthday.
WTF happen to him? Jeebus he fell off the face of the earth.

Chiggs

Gold Member
NomarTyme said:
WTF happen to him? Jeebus he fell off the face of the earth.

Yes, he certainly did. When I saw him pouting on the sidelines, I knew it was over. The only player from the Nugs to hold their head high was JR Smith.

Majestros

Hey take it easy on Melo, his birthday present was a guest appearance on a Luke Walton poster. Nobody deserves that.

Chiggs

Gold Member
rc213 said:
I can't believe what I just watched, A total team effort for a full 48mins. I am proud of these fuckers tonight!

Yes, sir. That was a phenomenal performance all around from the Lakers. Now excuse me while I go drink myself to sleep.

Once again, congrats Laker fans--your team was balls-to-the-wall badass tonight. Excellent defense and offense.

Dizzan

MINI Member
charsace said:
I am pretty sure I have a life and still post here. If you had no time before how are you finding time now?

We all know you swallowed the load of destiny bullshit ESPN shot down your throat. Doesn't matter because when the cavs lose you'll go back to your "life."

ESPN? Yeh no. I haven't just shown up now.

You guys can't see that you have a problem, then I can't help you.

As far as the Finals are concerned I would rather play Orlando for the HCA. I think the matchups are irrelevant at this point. Whether it's the Cavs or not it's simply about us showing up and making the right adjustments.

Either way I don't have a sense of fear about any of these teams like I had for the Celtics last year. Last year deep inside I pretty much knew there was no way we were beating that team. A defensive juggernaut of a team with the perfect assortment of bench players with clutch players everywhere you looked. Posey and Eddie Houses daggers consistently hitting us off the bench with Powes aggressiveness and PJ's veteran play. Then add 3 hungry as fuck all-stars and arguably hall of famers with a strong defensive center. Oh...and we had a hurt Ariza and no Andrew Bynum and were playing in the hungriest arena in basketball. If we don't piss away that 20 pt first half lead against the Celtics in game 4 we very likely go to Boston up 3-2 that year despite all that was against us.

This year doesn't compare. We're battle damaged but healthy, we've been tested, and we could possibly have HCA. I'm not going to call it our year because quite frankly the Magic and the Cavs are fucking good, but if we play our game I like our team.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
ryutaro's mama said:
Quiet that shit.

Until we take the 4th win in the Finals, you quiet that fucking shit.
I know, I know! I'm Just happy about the win and the fact that everyone is healthy enough to play well in the finals for a change! :D Seriously, when the hell was the last time that happened?

Did not expect a win tonight at all. I thought for sure the Lakers would close Denver out wearing the white uniforms of death this Sunday... but they fucking did it!

I definitely want Orlando now. Having HCA is very important for us. I know we can steal games on the road from the best of them, and Orlando wont even be the best home team we face in the playoffs!

Please Orlando, please win tomorrow!

We're almost home Laker fans.... we're almost home.

And no, I will not give props to the Nuggets. After that push to the back and trip to Kobe they can all go to hell. Fuck 'em.

rc213

Maybe they finally got tired of answering the same damn question over and over.

"Hey why can't you play like this consistently?"

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
rc213 said:
I can't believe what I just watched, A total team effort for a full 48mins. I am proud of these fuckers tonight!
Lakers-Age is going to make Adam Morrison cry. :(

Majestros

Forceatowulf said:
And no, I will not give props to the Nuggets. After that push to the back and trip to Kobe they can all go to hell. Fuck 'em.
Dude that was one player. You don't think Chauncey or Melo or Nene or Anderson deserve any credit?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Majestros said:
Hey take it easy on Melo, his birthday present was a guest appearance on a Luke Walton poster. Nobody deserves that.
I had to leave the room when I saw that. I was embarrassed for him.

When Luke does that to you... you're having a really bad day.

Fuck it sucks that we have to wait till Thursday to play the Magic. But I'm glad they'll get some rest, we fucking deserve it.

No Lakers for an entire week... *sigh*
Majestros said:
Dude that was one player. You don't think Chauncey or Melo or Nene or Anderson deserve any credit?
They're all one unit. You know damn well they know he does this type of shit and they tell him he's playing "good defense". The fuck out of here.

Alright, alright. I'll give props to Melo, Chauncy, Birdman, Nene and coach Karl. But Jr Smith, Martin and Jones can fuck right off.

Ephemeris

Good performance from the Lakers. Kobe was just too good in this game.

Gotta get this win tonight Cavs.

The Frankman said:

Skip to 49 seconds
:lol

No question on who's who. But hint:
We're the goodguys.

rc213

Forceatowulf said:
I had to leave the room when I saw that. I was embarrassed for him.

When Luke does that to you... you're having a really bad day.

Fuck it sucks that we have to wait till Thursday to play the Magic. But I'm glad they'll get some rest, we fucking deserve it.

No Lakers for an entire week... *sigh*

They're all one unit. You know damn well they know he does this type of shit and they tell him he's playing "good defense". The fuck out of here.

Alright, alright. I'll give props to Melo, Chauncy, Birdman, Nene and coach Karl. But Jr Smith, Martin and Jones can fuck right off.

I would say only Coach Karl and Kenyon which were the only ones who seemed to go out of their way to rationalize that bullshit as hard defense.

Majestros

Forceatowulf said:
See? That wasn't so hard. One step closer to Nuggets-AGE inviting you to their brewery tours and such.

back to back great games by the Lakers?!?

090408_garnett.jpg

"ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

the attention can now fully turn the the Finals. Lakers-Age: Who would you rather face. We beat the Cavs twice this season, and lost to the Magic twice. Going into the ECF i wanted the Magic to win, but now i'm having 2nd thoughts because Orlando seems like a nightmare to matchup for anyone...then again if Lebron pulls off the 3-1 comeback he might get some Wade treatment in the Finals...my preference? I'll take my chances with Orlando and the home court. Pray for Pau and Andrew.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i like the matchup with the cavs better, if only because you know dwight would rape all our stay-puft bigmen, but homecourt is huge in the finals -- the lower seed never holds that middle 3. i'd rather have orlando.

I'm going to go with a Jameer-less Magic team w/ HCA. Jameer LIT US UP in the reg season, and even if he comes back he'll be rusty as hell. Much rather play the Magic. Regardless, I'm mad excited right now. 6 day break =X

Majestros

Ninja Scooter said:
Lakers-Age: Who would you rather face. We beat the Cavs twice this season, and lost to the Magic twice.
Whoever wins. Honestly i still don't give a fuck.

As weak as the Cavs look right now, i think the Lakers can close them out in 6 max. On the other hand, if the Magic give us 15-point leads in the first quarter, they're not coming back to win any of those games.

Actually i think losing to the Cavs in Game 5 was huge for Orlando because it might make them realize that they can't come out so lazy. If they'd won that game, Phil would have had a field day against that mentality.

rc213

TNT Should have a show after every game even if it's not on TNT. I need my fix!

K.Jack said:
Why does Lakers-Age hate Luke so much?

Not hate, Just disappointment because he should be able to do what he did today every game. Knock down those wide ass hell open jump shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom