• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 NBA Playoff Thread of Shaq forces trade to the Cavs, keeps streak alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackface

Banned
DY_nasty said:
He is a better player. I don't know about "dramatically superior though.

I don't know what dumbass said that Flynn is better than Lawson either...

..You know, every single scout ever interviewed about the subject.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Trax416 said:
..You know, every single scout ever interviewed about the subject.
Again, you all take the word of professional basketball analysts over my own. When will you learn?

Kak.efes

Looks like tonight could be the final TNT game of the season. Just wanted to make mention of how awesome TNT and Inside the NBA have been this season. Just top quality sportscasting, and production.

Bowser

LiveFromKyoto said:
This is the same DeRozan who refuses to work out against human competition and whose agent said he's probably not going to work out in Toronto, right?

Off hand*, how many fingers does this guy have?

*No pun intended.

More than that, his agent said "He won't fall to 9."

thekad

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:
DeRozan is a project. Why would Toronto want him when they're tying to keep Bosh?
Because they're not going to be keeping Bosh? I expect to see Bosh in a Bulls uniform come November.

Blackface

Banned
LiveFromKyoto said:
This is the same DeRozan who refuses to work out against human competition and whose agent said he's probably not going to work out in Toronto, right?

Off hand*, how many fingers does this guy have?

*No pun intended.

This happens every draft in the NBA. You don't go work out for every team. You work out for the teams you think you will be picked by. He is being advised by his agent, and may not end up working out for Toronto. Just like lots of players skip the combine, and other acitivies leading up to the draft.

It's all optional, and done to help your stock.

Remember, work outs this year are open. Prospect don't need to work out for 10 teams, when those 10 teams will have seen them work out 10 times.

Raptors have already seen him, and lots of top 10 guys work out, and interviewed most of them as well. Raptors will hold a few works out for certain players (like Blair) and NBA scouts will come from other teams, just like we had to for specific prospects.

It's nothing "personal". It's just how it works.

Blackface

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:
DeRozan is a project. Why would Toronto want him when they're tying to keep Bosh?

Most guys you draft at 9 are going to be projects. It comes with the territory. You draft the BPA, period. You draft by what position you need, your team will end up fucked. We fell into that trap before and ended up with Hoffa and Michael Bradley.

I wouldn't be mad if we got Tyreke, Jennings or DeMar. We will end up with one of them. The only players I don't want at 9, that the Raptors have specifically expressed interest in, are Terrence Williams and Blair. Both can be had by acquiring a second pick, a bit later in the draft and would be a waste at 9 if Jennings, Evans, Flynn or DeMar are still on the board.

Rodeo Clown said:

From what I've read, Colangelo's realistic enough to know that this draft is doo-doo and he can't expect to find a full time starter drafting 9th. I don't think first year impact is going to factor into their decision. The rumour is they're looking at drafting DeJuan Blair hoping he's another Milsap. If that's the case, he's obviously going to be coming off the bench.

Kak.efes said:
Looks like tonight could be the final TNT game of the season. Just wanted to make mention of how awesome TNT and Inside the NBA have been this season. Just top quality sportscasting, and production.

At least we'll possibly get more of this...

charsace said:
Scott:" G. K. Chesterton once said, 'There is a great man who makes every man feel small. But the real great man is the man who makes every man feel great.' And Lebron did both. Not only did he make the Magic feel small, he made is teammates feel great with 12 big assists! The King was every where on the court. What do you think MJ?"

Magic: Well you know Stu, when a player is a star he has to step up. What I like about Lebron is that in the 4th quarter he said 'Give me the ball and I will carry you.' And that's what he did."

Scott:"Watch this play right here. Son was just scorching right there. You know Lebron is a player for real! I know because game recognize game."

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
If Brown doesn't make adjustments tonight, the Cavs are done.

- Put Lebron on Hedo or Rashard
- Put Delonte on Alston
- Give Gibson more minutes
- Run the ball through West
- Work the ball through Z early
- Attack Howard

Please Mike.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
K.Jack said:
If Brown doesn't make adjustments tonight, the Cavs are done.

- Put Lebron on Hedo or Rashard
- Put Delonte on Alston
- Give Gibson more minutes
- Run the ball through West
- Work the ball through Z early
- Attack Howard

Please Mike.

i wish

lebron on 5 is what we will get

chaoticprout said:
"I can say as a pastor, that after Jesus Christ, comes Lebron James."

-_-v

lebronpraisesjesus.jpg

diddlyD

Banned
you know, as fans, we all want series to end in a win for our team as early as possible. but for the money guys, its gotta sting when a playoff series ends early. i mean if LA had lost last night, that's another sold out staples center game they could have profited off of. that's gotta be a lot of money left on the table.

Ephemeris

K.Jack said:
Cavs-Age, no bitchassness tonight. Win or lose, take it like men.
I'll only lose it if we start making stupid fouls in the last minutes of the 4th if the game is close. ¬_¬

But with that said, Go Cavs.

chaoticprout said:
You refer to yourself in the third person?
Hush.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
This is probably old as shit but I stumbled upon it and thought it was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec4OVAX49_g&feature=related
Karakand said:
21 million or so over the life of the contract, which runs until 2013.
That is fucking ridiculous.

For all the smart shit the Lakers pull off they still have a few stink bombs here and there to balance it out. *sigh*
reilo said:
Hopefully he finally gets that vaginal reconstructive surgery he's needed the past few years.

Come on Magic! Get it done tonight!

Bowser

Once again, what happened to Doug Collins? Didn't he call the first 4 games of this series? He's infinitely better than Reggie Miller.

Bowser said:
Once again, what happened to Doug Collins? Didn't he call the first 4 games of this series? He's infinitely better than Reggie Miller.

His wife had a mild stroke or something, he's at home in Phoenix, but she's alright and recently left the hospital.

mYm|17|

Bowser said:

his wife had some heart problems, so he went to go be with her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom