• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 NBA Playoff Thread of Shaq forces trade to the Cavs, keeps streak alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
Dwight's dribble-move has really improved and you can't double him cos of the 3pt threats. They seem like the tougher matchup for LA but I'd rather face them cos of HCA and fair calls from the refs..

Vestal

Gold Member
I am hoping to see atleast some final run from the Cavs, I mean they got the MVP they must have a 10-0 run in em.

jman2050

The Lakers-Age contingent is a lot of things, but they're all pretty good about giving credit to other teams, even if they have to inflate the Lakers themselves to do it.

Also good half for the Magic, but there's no way this is over as long as these are the Magic we're talking about.

NewLib

Banned
James proves his own big flaw once again: he doesn't have the jumper like Kobe to fall back on when he isnt getting the foul calls.

jman2050

charsace said:
Some lakers fans seem not to realize the Magic are a worse match up for them than the cavs are.

Honestly the Lakers are capable of beating either team, and they actually have the size to compete with Dwight, if not the strength.

If the Magic hold out it's gonna be one hell of a series though.

charsace

jman2050 said:
Honestly the Lakers are capable of beating either team, and they actually have the size to compete with Dwight, if not the strength.

If the Magic hold out it's gonna be one hell of a series though.
They are going to have to double Howard. He is too strong, quick, and fast for anyone on the Lakers to guard 1 on 1. Turk and Rashad are also match up nightmares.

Can you all stop this Kobe>Lebron shit because he really isn't.

NewLib

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Sorry bro, Gasol and Bynum were already eaten for lunch by Nene and Martin.

Nuggets in 5.

I think the Lakers are going to win the series, but did you just compare Dwight Howard to Nene and Martin?

The comparing of players between the Magic and Lakers is a tired argument. The Lakers are talented enough to matchup with any team in the league.

It comes down to execution. Rotating off of double teams is a part of execution. We'll see what happens on Thursday.

charsace

K.Jack said:
Howard is being guarded by Z and Wallace guys. Easy.
If the guy guarding Howard isn't Yao Howard will dominate them. Yao is the only player that consistently outplays Howard. Everyone else Howard will get a double/double on.

Howard is going to take Bynum's manhood.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Where oh where has my little Mo gone? Where oh where could he be?
559px-Mo_Williams_Cavs.jpg

K.Jack said:
This shit is mind boggling. Seriously fucking stupid.
I just can't grasp why Brown keeps letting his players do the SAME mistake that's cost the
all series. That being, leaving their perimeter shooters WIDE FUCKING OPEN to drain 3's at their leisure.

It's ridiculous and it's like none of them bothered to watch a single bit of game film from the previous 5 games.

I'm pissed about the way they play Orlando.

Let Howard get his points and keep man coverage on the real threats that are constantly camped on the 3 point curve.

GOD DAMN YOU BROWN, GET CONTROL OF YOUR TEAM, YOU PUSSY!

Your lack of coaching has cost Cleveland this series and the title.

jman2050

charsace said:
If the guy guarding Howard isn't Yao Howard will dominate them. Yao is the only player that consistently outplays Howard. Everyone else Howard will get a double/double on.

Kendrick Perkins did a pretty nice job on him in the semis, though he isn't nearly the offensive beast Yao is.

Darkman M

charsace said:

Not if he's in foul trouble, and if you look back at the regular series game between the lakers and Orlando howard didn't do us in Nelson did.

NewLib said:
I think the Lakers are going to win the series, but did you just compare Dwight Howard to Nene and Martin?

No, I didn't.

I'm just sick of all the ballyhoo at the start of every new series of what <X Player>is gonna do to the Lakers.

Whatevers...new series.

I'll just wait and see what happens, tyvm.

Branduil

Magic are the better defensive team compared to LA. They don't have a dominant offensive weapon like Kobe but they have a lot of scorers and score inside and out.

I'll say Magic in 6.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
If Cavs lose, Wade will remain the lone superstar from the 03 draft class to win a chip and Finals MVP.

Go Magic. One more half to go before Wade and Heat fans can pop the champagne!

Darkman M

ryutaro's mama said:
No, I didn't.

I'm just sick of all the ballyhoo at the start of every new series of what <X Player>is gonna do to the Lakers.

Whatevers...new series.

I'll just wait and see what happens, tyvm.

"This team is beating Denver?"

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
ryutaro's mama said:
I know and as a result the Nuggets are in the Finals.

:(
I'm just saying, you can't include Bynum in talk of the Lakers. He's not the "missing piece." He's been awful all playoffs.

Vestal

Gold Member
Actually the most interesting matchup of the possible Magic Lakers series I think will be what Pietrius can do against Kobe.. Unlike Lebron Kobe can kill you while shooting jumpers all night..

Cerrius said:
If Cavs lose, Wade will remain the lone superstar from the 03 draft class to win a chip and Finals MVP.

Lebron remains the lone superstar from the 03 draft class to win an MVP. Who cares

Cerrius said:

I was going to say how petty and pathetic that is, but then I remembered how awesome the Vince Carter Elimination Day long weekend was this year. Traffic was crazy heading out of town, but the fireworks up at the cottage were worth it.

Drakken

The Frankman said:
I ask because after the Truck Sticking LeBron gets away with it's kinda ironic. Did he praise Jesus?
The Frankman said:
Handchecking can't stop a guy who Truck Sticks you. Not even Jordan got those calls back in the day, then again Jordan had a jumper and didn't need to forcibly dislodge people.
The Frankman said:
I'd leave my feet too after being Truck Stick'd.
The Frankman said:
O
M
G

Dwight Howard literally never moved his feet until he was TruckSticked.

Foul on Howard.

right...

... that'll do, NBA. That'll do.
The Frankman said:
Horrible fucking call. When will he ever get called for a charge? He keeps trucksticking people and getting fouls calls ON THEM. So much bullshit.
The Frankman said:
OMFG ANOTHER TRUCK STICK!!!
The Frankman said:
TRUCK STICK!!!!!
The Frankman said:
Well since apparently Cavs got permission to use the Truck Stick Magic have to watch out. This game ain't over.
The Frankman said:
I was wondering who gave Cavs permission to use the Truck Stick on drives and not get called for fouls.

Shtick is seriously getting old.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Cavs were frauds. I'm glad they were exposed. Also glad the cavs fans can now exit this thread. See ya next April!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom